Playing Solo In Community Warfare? Losing Every Game? Try Joining An Active Cw Unit Or Faction Hub.

Community Warfare

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

Playing solo in community warfare is brutal. Some of you have possibly already experienced this. I have done a bit of it myself and it can be a serious crapshoot, even for an experienced player.

If you take a look at the Tukayyid event stats, you will see that some units hold .50+ win/loss ratios. It is a zero sum game so there are some units that are "sub 50". Main point is, units are getting wins and there is a list for everyone of which units are not only active but also have a record of doing well. So if you are not getting any wins, joining an active CW unit may be something you want to consider.

Check it out, shop for a unit. Put the community in community warfare.
http://mwomercs.com/...yid-unit-stats/

Hate joining units but still willing to work with them? You are in luck! There is a MWO forum for community warfare. You can easily find Teamspeak info for Faction Hubs.
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/
It only takes minutes to figure this stuff out! I will later compile a list of faction hubs.
  • CSJ: Strana Mechty (Home of the Smoke Jaguar Invasion Corridor)
IP: stranamechty.info pw: StranaMechty (caps matter on pass)
  • FRR teamspeak hub: at 162.243.239.158:9725
Password: Dragon
  • Steiner hub: ts3server://ts1.housesteiner.com/ no password

Also, check out my guide for community warfare
https://docs.google....901bb2418_179_7

Edited by Kin3ticX, 23 June 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:01 AM

Hell, people don't even need to join a unit. Just jump on the TS3 server of their faction, and coordinate with anyone there. It literally takes less than a minute to do that.

#3 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 June 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

Hell, people don't even need to join a unit. Just jump on the TS3 server of their faction, and coordinate with anyone there. It literally takes less than a minute to do that.

Good point, I will fix this now

#4 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

You can be in TS and ingame voice chat at the same time. So those of you who like to lead can communicate with both pugs and your TS players. You can set up different keys to avoid confusion if necessary, one "AllTalk", one "MWO client" and one "TS". I've seen it put to good use in Planetside 2.

#5 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

Put Strana Mechty~!

Strana Mechty (Home of the Smoke Jaguar Invasion Corridor)

IP: stranamechty.info
pw: StranaMechty (caps matter on pass)

#6 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:07 PM

added FRR hub info

#7 Hoffburger

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

I'd much rather there be a goddamn solo queue for CW already. This current summer heat wave event is awful.

edit:

It would be like if solo queue and group queue were merged to go up against each other in League of Legends or DotA. There would be a shitfit of epic proportions. Nobody wants to queue up for a 30 minute game just to get roflstomped by a premade. The only reason why people are putting up with it right now (myself included) is because of the Summer Event. After the Summer Event, I will not be playing CW until a solo queue is implemented.

Edited by Hoffburger, 20 June 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostHoffburger, on 20 June 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I'd much rather there be a goddamn solo queue for CW already. This current summer heat wave event is awful.

edit:

It would be like if solo queue and group queue were merged to go up against each other in League of Legends or DotA. There would be a shitfit of epic proportions. Nobody wants to queue up for a 30 minute game just to get roflstomped by a premade. The only reason why people are putting up with it right now (myself included) is because of the Summer Event. After the Summer Event, I will not be playing CW until a solo queue is implemented.

Except those games really don't work like this one. So it really wouldn't be the same.

Saying CW has MOBA-like maps does not equate CW to a MOBA. Warthunder has maps that would work great on a turn based strategy game. Does that mean WarThunder is a turn based strategy game?

CW is a mode with units, and groups at it's core. So you should be expecting that.

In addition: Didn't many of you Founders (and non, founders, but founders especially) post endless threads about how this game is becoming less of a sim, and more of an FPS? Now that you have a mode that is closer to simulating BT battles than any other game, or mode has done before, you don't want it?

I'll tell you what, when MW:O has a player population in the neighberhood of 250,000, we can talk about splitting queue again, although I'll bet the answer would still be: Nope, it's ineffective, and eliminates the whole point of queuing to begin with, and makes it even easier for groups to farm solos.

#9 Hoffburger

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 June 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Except those games really don't work like this one. So it really wouldn't be the same.

Saying CW has MOBA-like maps does not equate CW to a MOBA. Warthunder has maps that would work great on a turn based strategy game. Does that mean WarThunder is a turn based strategy game?

CW is a mode with units, and groups at it's core. So you should be expecting that.

In addition: Didn't many of you Founders (and non, founders, but founders especially) post endless threads about how this game is becoming less of a sim, and more of an FPS? Now that you have a mode that is closer to simulating BT battles than any other game, or mode has done before, you don't want it?

I'll tell you what, when MW:O has a player population in the neighberhood of 250,000, we can talk about splitting queue again, although I'll bet the answer would still be: Nope, it's ineffective, and eliminates the whole point of queuing to begin with, and makes it even easier for groups to farm solos.

You seemed to completely misinterpret what I said for some reason. I never said the maps were similar, nor did I say the gameplay was similar. The situations and time investments are what is similar. A solo queue group that goes up against a team in a MOBA are highly likely to get curbstomped. MOBA games are also likely to last anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes, so there is a significant time investment.

The base matchmaking queue has short enough games that I would agree that there is no similarity between MOBAS and MWO. That is not the case for CW. No, the gameplay is nowhere near the same, but the time investment is. CW would be pretty fun if we could queue up as solo and not have to go up against teams of 12.

WarThunder, World of Tanks/Warplanes/Warships is closer to the gameplay style of MWO, but the games don't last as long (with the exception of realism mode in WarThunder air battles). Setting up teams and getting organized on comms takes a time investment that some people don't have the luxury of giving. Some people just want to get in some games of MWO. CW is great fun for organized play, but without a solo queue, the people with limited time who would like to maybe get 1 or 2 games of CW don't have that option. They have to stick to the regular game unless they want to roll the dice for an extremely high probability of going up against a 12 man while they are a disorganized PUG that sometimes has a bunch of people running around in trial mechs.

Currently there aren't a lot of people playing CW, but I believe that if a solo queue was added, you would see quite a few more people joining and playing CW, especially if some sort of quick join was implemented.

#10 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

View PostHoffburger, on 20 June 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Some people just want to get in some games of MWO.

Public queue is better for that, since it's the casual queue, for anyone looking for a quick drop.

CW is great fun for organized play, but without a solo queue, the people with limited time who would like to maybe get 1 or 2 games of CW don't have that option. They have to stick to the regular game unless they want to roll the dice for an extremely high probability of going up against a 12 man while they are a disorganized PUG that sometimes has a bunch of people running around in trial mechs.

We have in-game VOIP, we have coordination, and I've personally organized a group of 8 solos (counting myself) in under 5 minutes. All it took was going to the Teamspeak server for the faction I was dropping on their borders, and ran into a bunch of solos there. 5 of us didn't even belong to units, and the other three were from different units.

Currently there aren't a lot of people playing CW, but I believe that if a solo queue was added, you would see quite a few more people joining and playing CW, especially if some sort of quick join was implemented.

Solo only queue will not solve the problem, in fact, I'm willing to bet it will increase the likelihood of being farmed by a 12 man, for the following reasons:

1- If people expect a solo queue, they are 10 times more likely to be even more disorganized, it will also encourage more trial mech pilots into the solo queue for all of 10 seconds before point 2 rolls in.

2- If a 12 man is indeed queued up, and there are not enough group players on the other side to make a full drop, they will break into 12 solos, and queue up as such. Now you are GUARANTEED to have 12 solos, facing a full 12 man. They're still on comms, they still coordinate, and they still know what they're doing.

Solo-only queue will NEVER solve any issues in CW.

Here's what we really need if we want to fix CW in the long run (Any short term gains are useless, because traditionally, that's all they are: short-term gains):

1- Tutorials

2- Entry restrictions for CW (at least 100 matches, all 4 mechs with full basics at least)

3- More recorded matches of CW for new players to see.

4- a Mentor mode, where I can help teach a new player how to do things, without needing to sink premium time, and costing them their 1 day of premium time.

#11 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 June 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

yes, yes, yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users