Liao Planet Expansion Week

28 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

For some time, I have noticed that the majority of our CW drops have been on the defensive with only a fraction where we actually attack, which got me thinking that, if none of you have any objections or plans, we all make this weekend coming an event just for ourselves where we all launch full-scale events on all worlds that we can? Not only being fun, but it would boost the morale around here that I feel most people in Liao right now are somewhat lacking.

What say anyone else?

#2 odiemoncrew

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:02 AM

I'd be up for it this weekend

#3 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

[HLGK] is always up for helping out. We are NA Primetime.

#4 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

I still would advise you guys to do some drops, at most 6 of you in a group, on the clan border for a few weeks. I find a LOT of solo Liao players there when I'm sneaking in games while the wife and kids are asleep, playing solo CW. Try it, scoop up some candidates(p.s. some of the solo guys are pretty good, we win about 50% of our matches without TS and having never really played with each other.) You may find you can bolster your numbers that way and we can get some 24/7 Clan Davion/cheap knock-off of a real IS house wars going. ;)

Edited by ccrider, 17 June 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#5 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

View Postccrider, on 17 June 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

I still would advise you guys to do some drops, at most 6 of you in a group, on the clan border for a few weeks. I find a LOT of solo Liao players there when I'm sneaking in games while the wife and kids are asleep, playing solo CW. Try it, scoop up some candidates(p.s. some of the solo guys are pretty good, we win about 50% of our matches without TS and having never really played with each other.) You may find you can bolster your numbers that way and we can get some 24/7 Clan Davion/cheap knock-off of a real IS house wars going. ;)

Yeah, you are right there, we would need to run a few practice and training drops with selected Liao members, but it is always hard in House Liao to find any real Liaoists who form any kind of 4-6 or even 12 manwoman teas just for a CW event. We all seem to tend to run on the solo matches, which is a big handicap.to us, since it means we lose more and more worlds every week and even through fierce defense of the Worlds under attack, we are pretty disorganised, which is why I would welcome Liao MechWarrior to try and get into CW events more wit a team, even a team of 4 would be far better than pugging.

View PostStoneblade, on 17 June 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

[HLGK] is always up for helping out. We are NA Primetime.

Nice to hear mate, we should take a week or two and work out some details, try and get the ball rolling so that House Liao can finally regain some of our lost Worlds and go on the offensive for once, especially when we are facing Clan warriors.

#6 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

Ow well... We have counquered 1/5 of all Davion systems, but after wipe this become really boring. You know do ghost dropp all the time or get 48 meatbags thats even don't try to resist propely(have few exeption - mostly mercs like MS). If earlier Davion was counterattacking (at least trying, to do so) now we have largest dead faction in the galaxy. Make us know if Davion have some guts now. TCAF always on guard.

Edited by Nexano, 22 June 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#7 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostNexano, on 22 June 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Ow well... We have counquered 1/5 of all Davion systems, but after wipe this become really boring. You know do ghost dropp all the time or get 48 meatbags thats even don't try to resist propely(have few exeption - mostly mercs like MS). If earlier Davion was counterattacking (at least trying, to do so) now we have largest dead faction in the galaxy. Make us know if Davion have some guts now. TCAF always on guard.

Meatbags? C'mon, we gave you guys good fights when we had guys on TS. The problem was that towards the end of CW 1, it was tons of newbie PUGs vs. TCAF and that was a horror show. I can remember more than a dozen matches where we took you guys on, had 2 on TS and 10 guys running around like crazy people getting wiped out of all 4 'mechs in 5 minutes. It's pretty bad when I look at my score and it's 1300 dmg, 4 kills and 9 assists and that's because as a team we only killed 13 of you. And tell gorynich that his 'eye for an eye" thing was funny. But I owe him 3 eyes after our last fight. ;)

#8 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostNexano, on 22 June 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I know what you mean about people who do even try to resist. The last CW match I was in, I got so fed up, I got dc'd in the middle of a fire fight and just did not reconnect, since when i asked the team I was playing with if they were actually going to do anything but waste 30 minutes just standing still and not attacking anyone at all (I only stayed around for the 1st 15 minutes when no one had even budged from their positions, save for 2 or 3 'Mechs taking pot shots. With teams like that, I rather not waste my time continuing if no one even does anything (despite the fact we were on the offensive) and almost ruined my liking to do CW matches... But then, sometimes you get teams like that, so I am trying not to let that last CW match be the one I end with and stick with solo drops (unless in a 4-6+ LFG unit.

View Postccrider, on 22 June 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Meatbags? C'mon, we gave you guys good fights when we had guys on TS. The problem was that towards the end of CW 1, it was tons of newbie PUGs vs. TCAF and that was a horror show. I can remember more than a dozen matches where we took you guys on, had 2 on TS and 10 guys running around like crazy people getting wiped out of all 4 'mechs in 5 minutes. It's pretty bad when I look at my score and it's 1300 dmg, 4 kills and 9 assists and that's because as a team we only killed 13 of you. And tell gorynich that his 'eye for an eye" thing was funny. But I owe him 3 eyes after our last fight. ;)

Have you considered just getting everyone on your team or LFG unit to just use the game VOIP for in-game drops? It is not as good as TS, obviously, but personally, I would take even VOIP over having to use the text comms especially when you are being bombarded by LRMs and/or auto cannons.

#9 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

Meatbags? C'mon, we gave you guys good fights when we had guys on TS. The problem was that towards the end of CW 1, it was tons of newbie PUGs vs. TCAF and that was a horror show. I can remember more than a dozen matches where we took you guys on, had 2 on TS and 10 guys running around like crazy people getting wiped out of all 4 'mechs in 5 minutes. It's pretty bad when I look at my score and it's 1300 dmg, 4 kills and 9 assists and that's because as a team we only killed 13 of you. And tell gorynich that his 'eye for an eye" thing was funny. But I owe him 3 eyes after our last fight.

This was an exaggeration on part of our member indeed, and I apologize for that. Also, not every of our members has a proper English to have a literate discussion as I do.

In CW phase 1, we had regular drops in European Day-Evening time frame with lots of Davion solo pilots as well as such Units as HHoD, PL and ocassional MS sweeps fighting back to their best ability. Despite the lack of experience for the vast majority of Federated Suns players, we still never adherred to speedrun tactics and always gave Davion all the possibilities to fight back and earn a fair share of credits and loyalties. One way or another, we were seeing that as a good interaction with European Davion segment, and only owing to very dedicated drops with the best TCAF players, combined with a superior cooperation and tactics, allowed us to dominate Liao-Davion front, to end up with the most planets and to designate us as the 1st Liao Unit in Tukayyid campaign.

But, after the wipe, situation changed dramatically, to our bitter regrets. European time frame is now completely devoid of Davions. Every offense we try to run (just for testing) end up being a ghost-drop. We simply cannot find anyone to fight, and we do not really understand what's the reason. We also do not like ghost-dropping, despite some unjustified claims in our direction, and recent changes has solved the issue of "spawn-camping", which many were quick to blame on us, even though there were little choice on our part.

So, we still waiting for european Davion players to come back and challenge us on either part of the front. I left to hope that spawn changes would be enough to restore former activity for our long-standing, lore-based advesaries, to show us if they got better in a time being.

Edited by DivineEvil, 23 June 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#10 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 23 June 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

This was an exaggeration on part of our member indeed, and I apologize for that. Also, not every of our members has a proper English to have a literate discussion as I do.

In CW phase 1, we had regular drops in European Day-Evening time frame with lots of Davion solo pilots as well as such Units as HHoD, PL and ocassional MS sweeps fighting back to their best ability. Despite the lack of experience for the vast majority of Federated Suns players, we still never adherred to speedrun tactics and always gave Davion all the possibilities to fight back and earn a fair share of credits and loyalties. One way or another, we were seeing that as a good interaction with European Davion segment, and only owing to very dedicated drops with the best TCAF players, combined with a superior cooperation and tactics, allowed us to dominate Liao-Davion front, to end up with the most planets and to designate us as the 1st Liao Unit in Tukayyid campaign.

But, after the wipe, situation changed dramatically, to our bitter regrets. European time frame is now completely devoid of Davions. Every offense we try to run (just for testing) end up being a ghost-drop. We simply cannot find anyone to fight, and we do not really understand what's the reason. We also do not like ghost-dropping, despite some unjustified claims in our direction, and recent changes has solved the issue of "spawn-camping", which many were quick to blame on us, even though there were little choice on our part.

So, we still waiting for european Davion players to come back and challenge us on either part of the front. I left to hope that spawn changes would be enough to restore former activity for our long-standing, lore-based advesaries, to show us if they got better in a time being.
no offense taken, trust me. TCAF is a great unit, you guys fight hard but I always enjoyed the games(despite losing 4/5). I was just giving him some crap for the meatbag comment. But I do still owe gorynich for our last match. He managed to kill all 4 of my mechs and I only got him once. I got a couple other guys, but gorynich made sure I didn't get too cocky. :)

#11 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

So how is the front against davion doing? Do they show up or is it ghost drop defense tactics there?

#12 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

View Postkesmai, on 23 June 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

So how is the front against davion doing? Do they show up or is it ghost drop defense tactics there?

On European time frame, I'm afraid, there's no observable changes.

#13 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

View Postccrider, on 22 June 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Whoa i'm guess i'm too agressive in words choice, sorry about that. You fighted back as hard as you capable. Still i love fights when enemy hit back and do it hard and argessive. Still i'm feel kinda down when enemy totally demoralized by our storm and loosing fight spirit. Pugs really can learn to play when they face us, bit i get impression thats they don't even trying.

#14 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

View Postkesmai, on 23 June 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Right now, at least, there seems to be a slight lull in the war against the Davion swine; a lot of our time right now is taken up with distrupting the Falcons and Wolves.

#15 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well, if the PL is any indication, Major Merc groups left Davion when it became clear that "Davion Command" didn't exist, and that the faction was unable to win its own battles under the weight of the newbie pug population, and otherwise group apathy.

PL in merc fashion is making the rounds to get sweet, sweet mech bays. There are some discussions about returning to Davion, which I like in the lore, but I think for the time being, it is unlikely given the state of things.. :/

#16 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

I've noticed that, I liked fighting [PL] good matches, not as tough as [RRB] but it could just be the time zone of the matches.

edit: spelling

Edited by Stoneblade, 25 June 2015 - 12:48 AM.

#17 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

Yesterday, when dropping on the clan borders, I asked several Davion pilots, not Pugs, all with a unit tag, why they werent grouping up and fighting Liao, be it defensive or offensive, their answer was: "Liao doesn't show up to Battle"
So when I then asked some why they wouldn't defend when Liao is trying to attack Davion planets, I got lots of different answers, ranging from: "waste of time" to "Liao never attacks" but the most striking statement was:

"I would start defending if the planet is close to 50% taken, when it actually starts to count,"

#18 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostBaconCouch, on 24 June 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Well, if the PL is any indication, Major Merc groups left Davion when it became clear that "Davion Command" didn't exist, and that the faction was unable to win its own battles under the weight of the newbie pug population, and otherwise group apathy.

PL in merc fashion is making the rounds to get sweet, sweet mech bays. There are some discussions about returning to Davion, which I like in the lore, but I think for the time being, it is unlikely given the state of things.. :/

That is not true all the merc units left long long time at the start of CW when Davion had overwhelming numbers. The first merc unit to leave was PL back in January about 3 weeks after CW started but stayed true to there word and kept coming back home( AFFS knew about this from the start with our merc units). the last unit to leave was A.C.E.S. to hit the clans ect ect. Merc's will always go where the fighting is.

There is always someone on the Davion TS from the AFFS be it myself,Alyward,Asuru,100mile. Your unit leader or rep has a spot at the table to see what's going on. He just has not been on much might be RL. So before you start saying PL left because we don't exist you might want to check with your command before you start flapping off in the wind.

Edited by stevemac, 25 June 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#19 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 25 June 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

Yesterday, when dropping on the clan borders, I asked several Davion pilots, not Pugs, all with a unit tag, why they werent grouping up and fighting Liao, be it defensive or offensive, their answer was: "Liao doesn't show up to Battle"
So when I then asked some why they wouldn't defend when Liao is trying to attack Davion planets, I got lots of different answers, ranging from: "waste of time" to "Liao never attacks" but the most striking statement was:

"I would start defending if the planet is close to 50% taken, when it actually starts to count,"

Liao is never there, attacking or defending. I lead the AFFS Wed Night Warfare every week and only once in the last month or so has Liao shown up. Attacking the Liao border is a waste of time, and there are no Liaotions to defend against. Stop saying you guys fight because the only thing we have faced on a Liao planet recently have been turrets. The Liao turrets have destroyed more Davion mechs in recent weeks then any Liao pilot. That's a fact.

#20 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

i will see.
Liao says: NO DAVS, they are nowhere.
Davions says: NO LIAOS, their turrets destroy more mechs than they do by themselves.

Let me think about that for a while...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users