Change To Hit Detection?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Saliddry

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

till yesterday i was ranting about beeing put in teams for a lose with people who dont even get 150 damage done

i just finished my 8th game after the patch and i feel cheated...

i normaly do 300-600 on a normal game up to 1000 on good and never got below 200

TODAY ion my good games i get somewhere between 100-200

currently driving my nova with 12 er small

thats 30 damage per arm on 200 optimal range

i have put 5 arms(30 damage) so 150 in an side torso of an highlander focussing an teammate lets say 100 realy hit the torso
and GOT HIS ARMOR TO ORANGE

i have had an 1v1 fight with an timberwolf that was no brawl setup and got nearly no damage on him his arm was orange his side torso was red and center orange armor after i was down
till yesterday i would have ***** his ass off

i have even problems getting an stupid scout mech down it looks like 80% of my weapon fire just goes trough enemys

hit detection was allways bad in this game if ya dont sit on the server
but this s.. is pissing me off

Edited by Saliddry, 16 June 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

I've been noticing some flat out non-registration with my shots.

If it didn't blow my framerate to smithereens, i'd be recording. Needless to say though, hitreg appears to be a little off for me.

#3 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:49 PM

I've noticed a HUGE decrease in overall damage at the end of game. Like...200-300 damage less than normal HUGE.

This always happens with large patches. The server tick rate likely got borked again.

Better saddle up though, usually it takes 3+ months for PGI to go, "We noticed something wonky with the servers today," after months of hit reg complaints. They'll fix it just in time for the next patch to screw it up again.

Edited by Aresye Kerensky, 16 June 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 16 June 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

I've noticed a HUGE decrease in overall damage at the end of game. Like...200-300 damage less than normal HUGE.

This always happens with large patches. The server tick rate likely got borked again.

Better saddle up though, usually it takes 3+ months for PGI to go, "We noticed something wonky with the servers today," after months of hit reg complaints. They'll fix it just in time for the next patch to screw it up again.

Like I said before, recalibrating HSR should be part of every maintenance. :ph34r:

#5 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:20 AM

Ditto this. Ballistic rounds just seem to go straight through mechs at PB range and not register. My match damage has fallen way off - now getting about half what I was previously if I have a good game, and less than that in most games.

Still, with all the fire power flying around these days, my Assult armour is virtually worthless to begin with, so I'll just play the game until it pisses me off so bad I walk away. Really disallusioned with Assult performance these days. Would love to be a fly on the devs wall to here what goes on in their heads.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

The change I notice to Hit detection is likely due to 7-12 FpS.

#7 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:10 AM

My experience with Web design is that any changes you make will always fix one group of users, but will affect another. Sometimes it may be the dev/designers bad work, but many times it is software and hardware variations that are impossible to predict.

It is absolutely painful as both the support and/or users.

#8 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:35 AM

I noticed my games yesterday were low damage too. I don't just mean me (i'm grinding my EBJ's, so not even basics on them), but the whole teams damage seems low compared to even just before the patch.
I have no idea why, just thought it was odd.

#9 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

If armour values remained unchanged and a game wide adjustment was made to lower overall damage, that would be a good thing. Overall damage ratios and profiles remain reletave but survivability for all mechs increases and the frustration associated with 2 second shreds decreases. Good pilots will still dominate of course, but as things stand now there is so much damage flying around that pilot skill is often secondary to that one lucky hit that rips a limb off or that one second blind side that cores an assult almost instantly. This is not how it should work. Make armour meaningful.

#10 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

Lasers are still crap for me even if I shoot targets that walk in a straight line towards me. ACs/LBs/Gauss/PPCs are still fine. CN9-D still taking down newbie assaults face-to-face with little issue (thanks quirks!)

#11 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,944 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Yep, for the most part Ballistics/PPC/missles are handled by HSR very well, still random wierd stuff once in a while, but its reliable.

Lasers are always untrustworthy, have been for a long time, always seems way too random and unpredictable even with a guy standing still and coming straight at you there is lost damage that just goes to the void, anything moving just multiplies the randomness.
Sometimes lasers work, but most of the time they're completely off.

#12 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

Try throwing dual AC20's down range into a light and watching it run off with some minor yellow parts.

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostSaliddry, on 16 June 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

till yesterday i was ranting about beeing put in teams for a lose with people who dont even get 150 damage done

i just finished my 8th game after the patch and i feel cheated...

i normaly do 300-600 on a normal game up to 1000 on good and never got below 200

TODAY ion my good games i get somewhere between 100-200

currently driving my nova with 12 er small

thats 30 damage per arm on 200 optimal range

i have put 5 arms(30 damage) so 150 in an side torso of an highlander focussing an teammate lets say 100 realy hit the torso
and GOT HIS ARMOR TO ORANGE

i have had an 1v1 fight with an timberwolf that was no brawl setup and got nearly no damage on him his arm was orange his side torso was red and center orange armor after i was down
till yesterday i would have ***** his ass off

i have even problems getting an stupid scout mech down it looks like 80% of my weapon fire just goes trough enemys

hit detection was allways bad in this game if ya dont sit on the server
but this s.. is pissing me off

Posted Image

Edited by Nightmare1, 17 June 2015 - 04:00 AM.

#14 spottiedogman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:24 AM

This happens every single patch it seems like, they have never had a handle on HSR or hit registry. The more of one kind of weapon you have and fire at the same time the worse it seems to be,

#15 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

Server issues me thinks. I smashed 3 laser vomit alphas (4 med 1lpl) straight into a hiding KGC with open cherry CT. It wrecked my SCR and I still didn't get the kill as someone else with 1 laser grazed him and took it. Like nearly complete non reg.

But that was the only obvious WTF

#16 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

I am only getting ~600 damage in my Ebon Jag and I feel like a god... in the sense where it feels like I should be doing 800+ I was also noticing my 65 point laser alpha from my Gladiator occasionally doing nothing to stationary mechs. Seems worse than normal but it's always bad so... hard to say.

#17 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

No one has figured it out yet?

HSR is PGI's solution to fascilitating random dice rolls.

#18 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

Well, I think I know the answer. Since the new mechs got delivered, I've seen a lot more people on than I've seen during the last two weekend tournaments. Probably flooding the servers and causing performance issues.

#19 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostChuck YeaGurr, on 17 June 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

My experience with Web design is that any changes you make will always fix one group of users, but will affect another. Sometimes it may be the dev/designers bad work, but many times it is software and hardware variations that are impossible to predict.

It is absolutely painful as both the support and/or users.

If only people didn't use IE, your job would be much easier.

#20 Saliddry

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 17 June 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

good.. hope ya die from it

thx for so much info for the topic ..but hey you have proven that your an dumb moron cause the others could read&understand it and even had to say something about the topic

Edited by Saliddry, 17 June 2015 - 08:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users