• 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

Timberwolf laser spam was nerfed, 6ml 1erll 1erlpl 26 dhs targeting 1

TBR-C

Stormcrow laser spam was nerfed, 6ml 1erll 22dhs targeting 1

SCR-PRIME

Cauldron born laser spam was not nerfed 6ml 1erll 1lpl 25dhs

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-B

(edit for the noobs that do not understand how to use these mechs: 1 button ALPHA STRIKE, you peek 2 times, Alpha strike twice the ct of your opponent and ggclose)

they are pretty the same thing, but c bills mechs got nerfed, REAL MONEY ONE WAS NOT NERFED.

starting from the fact that those nerfes are just d u m b and that they lack of any sense and logic, and they make clan useless and game boring......... if they were given to those 2 mechs, they should be given to the ebon as well (nonsense continuity).

But no nerfs on real money mech...........ooooooohhhhhh, nice.

I BET THAT AS SOON AS EBON WILL EXIT FOR C BILLS, PGI WILL SUDDENTLY AND MAGICALLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT NEEDS NERFS.....BUT NOT BEFORE LOADS OF PEOPLE BOUGHT IT.

People are using real money to buy something that will not be the thing they paid for.
in my country this is called
FRAUD
and people like you go in jail, that is the only place in which you deserve to stay.

Edited by IL TERRIBILE, 17 June 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

Come on buddy ... you can post as IL MECHWARRIOR, nobody cares either way.

#3 Vege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 140 posts
  • LocationMilano

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:24 AM

MWO = PAY TO WIN
CYA and GG at all... :( :( :(

#4 wexo ita

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:27 AM

Pay for win GG PGI

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

I usually wait for actual announcements of ill intent from PGI before I start sharpening my pitchfork.

Part of the nerfs depend on the strength of the chassis - not just arbitrary numbers of alpha and heat potential - and there's no doubt at all in anyone's mind that the MadCat was a pretty perfect laser delivery system.

The EBJ does seem powerful, but it has it's drawbacks also. Let's give it a few weeks of meta-ing before we start with the conspiracy theories.

#6 xLUPOx

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTerra (Earth), Neapolis

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

LOL

#7 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

Of course they won't "nerf" a new chassis. They need to allow us evil bastids to min/max for a couple of weeks to give it a proper test; THEN the quirks will be added. What is so hard to understand here?

It's NOT P2W in any way, it's simply a very, very sensible way for a relatively small company to balance new mechs over the long run.

By the way, if negative quirks do appear IT'S OUR FAULT PEOPLE! If you really don't want Executioners and Cauldron Borns (sorry it will ALWAYS be that for me) to remain untouched then don't min/max, don't exploit, play stock.

Peace

#8 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:11 AM

When you buy mechs with $, then you are already aware that balancing measures may happen at any time. This is no fraud, this is common sense.

#9 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

The nerfs of TBR and SCR are still wrong in my opinion. They should have adressed the agility and other strengths but not the hardpoints (even unused). Illogical by PGI.
The Ebon Jaguar has it´s drawbacks. It´s running very hot

#10 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:03 AM

The Timberwolf and Stormcrow were nerfed not becouse of the community, but becouse if they weren't, nobody would buy the Ebon Jaguar.. And the IS part of the community bitching about them gave PGI all the excuse they would ever need..

#11 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 17 June 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

Of course they won't "nerf" a new chassis. They need to allow us evil bastids to min/max for a couple of weeks to give it a proper test; THEN the quirks will be added. What is so hard to understand here?

It's NOT P2W in any way, it's simply a very, very sensible way for a relatively small company to balance new mechs over the long run.

Or they could like ... put it on the PTS for a few days/weeks to see how it will work out before letting it loose on the casual gamers? That would be a logical and "sensible way for a relatively small company to balance new mechs" if they lack the skills and knowledge to do it in-house.

#12 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

@RedDragon - PTS simply doesn't have enough evil scheming gamers on it to give a proper test, c'mon, be real, how many people actually play this game? Far too few. This is one of the few online games where you can actually remember individual in-game tags and recognise people.

Even games with a significantly larger playerbase, team and budget (World of Tanks for example) find that their test servers don't give a "real world" feel (for various reasons, some of which are their fault, some are the players'). It's perfectly understandable to me why MWO test servers may not give the required results.

I don't think it is anything to do with "...lack the skills and knowledge..." (hm, where your quotes sarcastic? Mine were B) ) it is, in my view, simply a numbers thing.I may of course be wrong.

Still, I am the proud owner of 4 shiny new CBs, I am eagerly awaiting my Shadowcat and, frankly, don't really care what happens to them. I knew what I was buying and under what circumstances.

#13 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:30 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 17 June 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Or they could like ... put it on the PTS for a few days/weeks to see how it will work out before letting it loose on the casual gamers? That would be a logical and "sensible way for a relatively small company to balance new mechs" if they lack the skills and knowledge to do it in-house.

As if PTS tests have any meaning for balance. :rolleyes:
You can test the UI on a PTS but not balancing measures. You need real data, as only a fraction of playerbase will spend their game time on a PTS.

#14 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:32 AM

Given, the PTS may not be the right tool to make tests on server load etc., but most (if not all) of the die-hard fans would use it, especially if that was a chance to test the new mechs in advance. And those guys are the ones who later come up with those crazy builds. It doesn't take a genius to look at a mech like the EJ and see that it will be used for laser-heavy builds. And throwing it on the PTS would have shown that in a few hours, even if the Dev team hadn't realized it by themselves.

#15 Volkodav

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:35 AM

View PostIL TERRIBILE, on 17 June 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Timberwolf laser spam was nerfed, 6ml 1erll 1erlpl 26 dhs targeting 1

TBR-C

Stormcrow laser spam was nerfed, 6ml 1erll 22dhs targeting 1

SCR-PRIME

Cauldron born laser spam was not nerfed 6ml 1erll 1lpl 25dhs

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-B

This mech config Jag is just crazy, do not take it seriously)) :D

Edited by Volkodav, 17 June 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#16 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 17 June 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

... even if the Dev team hadn't realized it by themselves.

I bet they did but just imagine the lamentations of the women if they got a preemptively nerfed, new, shiny, pre-ordered toy.

Looking at it on paper, yeah it seems like a nice laser-vomit but to see if it is really "gamedisrupting" we'll have to wait until it's been out for CBills and in real circulation for a bit. You can rest asured that if the Ebon Jaguar becomes the new "go-to" for clanners it will be nerfed. So for now, just enjoy, no big deal, moving on.

Edited by Ironwithin, 17 June 2015 - 02:48 AM.

#17 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

I bet IL Complainer doesnt own any EJB but complain about them.

#18 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:11 AM

Don't forget that the CB is always going to be 10 tons lighter than the TBR (with the limitations that puts on armour, DHS and ammunition) and has no JJs, it can't carry ECM like the Hellbringer and will never have the damage mitigation, speed and mobility of the SCR; it augments, not replaces, the current Clan dropdeck.

I think it offers tremendous flexibility and with a bit of creativity from better players than me, will provide hours of fun!

#19 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:51 AM

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c079c366ba8714d[/smurfy]
2 gauss+3LL!!! Meta nerf it pls!!!!

#20 Evengar Dragonis

• 3,070 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

Ahahahahhhhh!...
Nerf... again... again... again... Nerf all!!!

#facepalm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users