What Clan Mech To Get Next?

25 replies to this topic

#21 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

View PostGreedyPoor, on 18 June 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

Thanks for your replies. Since I still don't know exactly how targeting works (conditions for getting a target, what breaks the target etc) I'm not sure how much I want ECM but once I find out more I'll consider taking or leaving it.

Eventually I want to have 4 clan mechs to use in CW but I want to be just as effective for the team in public games. I might stick with LRMs and Lasers for a while because that's what I'm used to but if I want to do "pinpoint" damage what weapons are those exactly?

Click at the link in my sig and download the guide.
Read it.
Most things are outdated, but the basics about the game mechanics still apply.

#22 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:18 AM

Stormcrow easily best Clan mech, followed by Timber & then Ebon/Loki/Executioner, those are the go to mechs.

#23 Gubernaut

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

For the Nova can I make all the variants with just one chassis or are some of the variants unique?

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostGreedyPoor, on 27 June 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

For the Nova can I make all the variants with just one chassis or are some of the variants unique?

All Center Torsos are unique (to some extent). Beyond that yes you can emulate almost any existing MWO configuration with just one Nova.

#25 Gubernaut

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

Ok I'm trying out the small lasers now, I made the Stormcrow with 10x ER Small, LRM 15, 2x SRM 6 and Targeting Comp MK IV. My question is about the Targeting Comp, if I remove that I can add two more heat-sinks to increase the heat dissipation from .85 to .9 but would that be worth it? Does the TC projectile speed benefit LRM and SRM or is that just for ballistics or other energy weapons? Also what's your opinion on the front/back distribution of armor, I'm using like 42/10 for torsos, 58/14 for the center. Trying to keep the front high and avoid being hit in the back but what do you all use?

#26 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

I don't run any mechs with less than 1.2 heat dissipation unless they are a special case. You basically have far too many weapons on it.

Tc1 is the one you want to use most of the time

My crows have 64/8 centre armour, you should rarely get shot in the back.

As for you build, ditch four lasers, both srms and add a second lrm15 and try that. Not a stunning builds but capable. You will want at least six tonnes of lrm ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users