317 replies to this topic

#301 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 22 June 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

I don't give you a like for your build, but for your overwhelmingly true statement about PGI's practices. It sums up my thought exactly. Good to see I'm not the only one still pissed about the nerfing.

Frankly, I don't think many people liked the method of the nerf. It was the wrong change to make to the Crow, the wrong change to make to the Wolf, and frankly didn't affect either of them as much as it was intended to in the way it was intended to either, so net result = failure.

View Posttammo, on 22 June 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

I dont think this competition works as intended.

Your TBR has Long-Toms guns,
an aerotech hangar and transforms into a dropship?

You would still have zero chance of winning
if you have posted that build two hours or later after the anouncement.

Because no one will read 16 pages of Mech builds before voting.

Thats why all the winners are on page 1.

....this is an issue, yes.

View Postalphapotroast, on 22 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Thats a nasty build

Thanks.

#302 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Posttammo, on 22 June 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

I dont think this competition works as intended.

Your TBR has Long-Toms guns,
an aerotech hangar and transforms into a dropship?

You would still have zero chance of winning
if you have posted that build two hours or later after the anouncement.

Because no one will read 16 pages of Mech builds before voting.

Thats why all the winners are on page 1.

the winner is on the page 3 actually
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4509636

though it's possible it will lose to one of the first page ones eventually

#303 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

>>

Edited by zudukai, 23 June 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#304 DEATHofGODS

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Kind of a different configuration, focuses on direct weapons and sould be good for close and mid-range fighting.

http://[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b4c15d17e4dbd17[/smurfy]

#305 NoIrVI

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationriding the sky of the inner sphere

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...efbb4971fb72120[/smurfy]
this is a mech that is a multi pursues mech its good at rang and up close

#306 Luceyn Terakis

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:32 AM

TBR-BH (Bounty Hunter) (prime w/ LT-A)
Based on 1 of the 2 notable pilots who used a non-standard config.

Special perk could be higher bonus credits

Paint scheme: solid green with gold credit symbols.
2x clan Large Pulse Laser
4x clan Med Pulse Laser
Targeting computer (2tons)
Active probe
tag
3x clan double heat sinks
*should have ECM as well... if not, another heat sink

TBR-Pryde (Aidan Pryde) (Prime w/ RT-S & LT-S)
Based on 1 of the 2 notable pilots who used a non-standard config.

Paint scheme: green with some sort of falcon graphic.. probably something akin to WW2 fighter nose art.
2x clan ER Large Laser
2x clan ER Med Laser
1x clan ER Sml Laser
2x LRM20
3tons ammo
4x Jump jets (class III)

#307 Alex Razorblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 201 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

Our main task is to create a machine that will be able to use beginners in CW and in Classic games.

At the moment, we have the following problems :
1. In most CW maps battles take place in the middle - low range, same applies to the Most of Classic maps
2. LRM boats newcomers holed up in the rear until the end of the ammunition that is not conducive to team play and increases the level of beginners
3. Current debuffs on TBW chassis hardly affect short-range lasers , but that affects the rest of laser weapons.

Since all of these reasons suggest the following configuration option :
TBR-C

Groups of weapons :
1. UAC20
2. 5x Spls
3. Er Med Las

Edited by Alex Razorblade, 23 June 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#308 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

Why are there so many people making builds with lopsided jump jets in the torsos? Such a build is heretic, lol.. you may be able to configure that omnipod combination (for now), but I don't think PGI will ever go for such ugly loadouts, even if a bunch of players like them. I would suggest either using both S variant side torsos or neither, when making builds for this competition.

If players load jump jets asymmetrically, they shouldn't be able to use the jump jets. i.e. every side torso JJ that does not have a matching partner installed in the opposite side torso SIMPLY should not work. Same should go for leg JJs too. Realistically, the game should just not let you drop in such an unbalanced mech, and it should give you a similar warning as to when you don't have enough heat sinks for your engine.

EDIT:

For example, here is a fixed version of the variant posted above:

View PostAlex Razorblade, on 23 June 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Our main task is to create a machine that will be able to use beginners in CW and in Classic games.

At the moment, we have the following problems :
1. In most CW maps battles take place in the middle - low range, same applies to the Most of Classic maps
2. LRM boats newcomers holed up in the rear until the end of the ammunition that is not conducive to team play and increases the level of beginners
3. Current debuffs on TBW chassis hardly affect short-range lasers , but that affects the rest of laser weapons.

Since all of these reasons suggest the following configuration option :
TBR-C

Groups of weapons :
1. UAC20
2. 5x Spls
3. Er Med Las

Alex's TBR-C (fixed)

By moving the RT C-SPL to the LA and flipping the RT and LA back to the C variant, you can equip an extra ton of UAC-20 ammo and one additional heat sink for 5% better cooling. This build is much better optimized to fit the roles intended by original poster. The jump jets in his case were dead weight, as he had no original purpose to include them (i.e. for a more "maneuverable" mech). The JJs would also have a big effect on the heat dissipation of the mech, when considering the fact that it's a build meant for new player (and it has one less heat sink than my improvement). I could imagine the frequency would be high that many new players would accidentally overheat firing their weapons and JJs at the same time, while using the original poster's build. New players are going to overheat regardless, so it might as well be overheating while firing weapons, and not overheating while jumping and firing weapons.

Edited by Repasy, 23 June 2015 - 06:24 AM.

#309 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

TBR-S

Something nice and simple with 2 weapon groups, LPL and ASRM6. Ammo is a bit thin at 2 tons but the LPL will the primary weapons most of the time until range closes up. The tag and cAP support the ASRM6 and the rest of the team but can be easily ignored by the new player without much trouble.
JJ add mobility and staying with the standard S chassis gives the most customizability options in the future should they buy the chassis.

#310 usualsuspect

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt/Germany

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:18 AM

When hunting with the Timberwolf I still find myself in this slightly altered C Variant:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e315ce6a0b79fe1
Still sweet.

#311 aTuL84

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

really with smurfy? - i can not change the engine or jumpjets... or ecm and such...

i want a dual gaus with 4 laser slots ecm and jumpjets- everything else is the same we allready have...

#312 Hitmanc

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Here is a build that I and a few of my Unit members love.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d017d23e6fc6a1a

#313 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationInterned on Yorii

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image

https://mwo.smurfy-n...ea3e23b8bb38651

And an ECM hardpoint.

Edited by Axex, 24 June 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#314 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

Posted Imagehttp://mwo.smurfy-ne...3acc5527314eac4

The Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat Was Made To Brawl For MechWarrior Online Because Of The Omnipods The Left Arm And Right Arm Are Too Low To Make it A Sniper So I Made it A Brawler Plus The Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat Has One Of The Best Armors Or The Best Armors Excellent For Brawling Plus The 89 Speed Makes The Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat Very Versatile The Original Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat Does Not Have Jump Jets That is Why I Don't Have Them On This One The Original Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat Was Made With Lasers And LRM's But In MechWarrior Online They Have Made The Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat More Powerful Because You Can Change The Hard Points Instead Of Having A Static Hard Point Replacing Shoulders With Either Lasers LRM Or Ballistic Or Jump Jets I Found This Build In MechSpecs.com But Remove The Jump Jets And Added And Switch C- Medium Lasers And Added - Small Pulse Lasers Plus One More C - Small Pulse Laser Making it 3 And Also Added More Ammo Replacing The Unwanted Jump Jets I Love This Build Look it Up is Perfect For Brawling And I Also Made The Armor For Brawling Needs Some Optimization For More Efficient Frontline Brawler If You Need More Ammo You Can Remove 1 Laser And Add Ammo Or Double Heat Sinks This Mech Has 4 SRM 6's 1 LBX 20 And 3 C- Small Pulse Lasers Running At 33% Heat Efficiency Plus it Has A Torso To Mount A Laser Got To Be A Champion Some Timber Wolfs Or Mad Cats Do Not Have The Center Torso With A Laser I Use This Mech Chassis For Brawling And Pugs The Armor Could Be Adjusted Because Most Of The Armor is In Front.

Fun Mech Look Like A Real Timber Wolf Or Mad Cat This Mech Has Various Secrets Chaining 4 SRM 6's If You Need More Ammo Remove A C- Small Pulse Laser If You Need More Ammo And C - AC 20 Does Not Produce Allot Of Heat And Does Not Lock Up And 3 Small Pulse Lasers Or 2 Small Pulse Lasers Will Be Backup Weapons :) :)

Edited by Thorn Fidelis, 24 June 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#315 Suffren Siegel

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLüneburg

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

my favorite is:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f7262be45fc668

Edited by Suffren Siegel, 25 June 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#316 Kijahari

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad646fd39ae4c59

Only minimal negative quirks on the laser, and max quirks for arm/torso movement. Runs cool and has a nice mixture of weapons to test. Also jump-capable

Edited by Kijahari, 25 June 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#317 Antibyrus

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ae24430bfbf9512

TBR-C/D
ER Small Laser (x6)
ER PPC (x2)

An ER PPC on the high left torso mount and one directly below on the arm gives a good balance between poking and flailing around while trying to pop off a shot...and 6 small lasers because pew pew!

Edited by Antibyrus, 25 June 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#318 Johan von Nameh

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Well - It seems to be a good all-around config. Enjoy.

TBR-PRIME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users