We Can Be Heroes Leaderboard Event

35 replies to this topic

#21 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

5 PM UTC was over 2 hours ago. Someone forgot to flip the ******* switch.

#22 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostModo44, on 19 June 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

5 PM UTC was over 2 hours ago. Someone forgot to flip the ******* switch.

10 AM PDT is now still 20 minutes away and when every event that has ever been held, to my recollection, starts.

#23 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hrm. Play my DS which routinely underperforms for me, or try to go whale hunting in my Huggin?

I hope the event cuts into the number of Jaguars and Koalas on the field this weekend, as they can both outperform the Dragon Slayer and don't present ideal targets for the Huggin either. If the matchups aren't great I'll just go back to eliting up my new wave 3 stuff I guess. Maybe pick up another Tbolt for CW. Decisions, decisions...

#24 Angels Bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostModo44, on 19 June 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

This would be interesting if it actually tracked any games. 2 hours in, zero recorded matches in all categories.

View PostBilbo, on 19 June 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

The event starts in a half hour. You are a bit early to the party.

mongo tried to fool us by turning the g upside down. silly ole mongo ;)

Edited by Angels Bane, 20 June 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#25 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:27 AM

I have this on repeat while im playing:

#26 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

Could you start announcing these weekend events more ahead of time? I always work on Sundays, and I'm completely willing to use vacation days for MWO events...but I need at least a week's notice. You usually only post events with barely a day's notice.

Why can't you post a monthly event schedule or something like that?

#27 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

Is the Pirates Bane not heroic????

#28 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 22 June 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

Is the Pirates Bane not heroic????

Next time.

see here: http://mwomercs.com/...ents-and-sales/

Edited by el piromaniaco, 22 June 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#29 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:56 AM

I discovered that quitting a match causes you to not get any Cbills, XP, or points for the event.

I spent an hour or so switching between a Huggin and an Ember only to discover that I was getting nothing for it.

If I died early enough in a match I would quit and switch to the other mech instead of waiting out the remainder of the match.

After I discovered the problem, I would wait out every match, and then I started accumulating money, XP, and points again.

:(

As a side note, I also found that I was missing a few mech modules. Got them as part of purchasing mech packs. But I think I remember someone saying a while back that those limited mech modules are no longer available to mount if you don't also have the same modules unlocked in the Skills area. (yep, the two I am missing are not unlocked in the skills yet.)
I should have enough GXP to purchase one of them tonight, and then see if it becomes available to mount again.

EDIT: They may only be visible if you have a clan mech in the mech lab. And PGI says its an issue that will be resolved in the next patch.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 22 June 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#30 Nova Yield

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

Leaderboard evnts should be solo drops only!

#31 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

The prize for the top 5 is a Mech bay? Really?...

That does not exactly get me pumped up.

A cockpit Banner or Title "Top 5 STK-M" would be something to work for.

I'll spend my time elsewhere thanks.

#32 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 479 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 22 June 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

I discovered that quitting a match causes you to not get any Cbills, XP, or points for the event.

I spent an hour or so switching between a Huggin and an Ember only to discover that I was getting nothing for it.

If I died early enough in a match I would quit and switch to the other mech instead of waiting out the remainder of the match.

After I discovered the problem, I would wait out every match, and then I started accumulating money, XP, and points again.

:(

As a side note, I also found that I was missing a few mech modules. Got them as part of purchasing mech packs. But I think I remember someone saying a while back that those limited mech modules are no longer available to mount if you don't also have the same modules unlocked in the Skills area. (yep, the two I am missing are not unlocked in the skills yet.)
I should have enough GXP to purchase one of them tonight, and then see if it becomes available to mount again.

About your missing modules, those are the LTD modules, or "limited modules". If I understand correctly they were awarded as part of the rewards for one of the clan mech packs. They have been updated so that they ONLY work or show up when you have a clan mech that they go in selected. If I heard right, having an inner sphere mech selected means they will not show up in module select at all.

A different thread dealt with this recently and an announcement in one of the recent patch notes mentioned that you could no longer equip an LTD module and the exact same normal module, implying that for certain modules, people were doing so and getting double effect/bonus - such as mist lynx with double fall protection modules, double hill climb or speed retention... to be clear I never had so I'm not sure of the full list of LTD modules, just that two or three were apparently being misused this way.

#33 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostMad Porthos, on 22 June 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

About your missing modules, those are the LTD modules, or "limited modules". If I understand correctly they were awarded as part of the rewards for one of the clan mech packs. They have been updated so that they ONLY work or show up when you have a clan mech that they go in selected. If I heard right, having an inner sphere mech selected means they will not show up in module select at all.

A different thread dealt with this recently and an announcement in one of the recent patch notes mentioned that you could no longer equip an LTD module and the exact same normal module, implying that for certain modules, people were doing so and getting double effect/bonus - such as mist lynx with double fall protection modules, double hill climb or speed retention... to be clear I never had so I'm not sure of the full list of LTD modules, just that two or three were apparently being misused this way.

Yup...found that thread you mentioned.

I remember that bit about the doubling up on the same modules now too. Not something I could do as those limited modules in question are ones that I don't currently have unlocked in the Skills, so I can't purchase them. I just have the one limited edition of each of them.

Sounds like PGI will be putting out a fix in the next patch so the LTD mods will be available for IS mechs again.

#34 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Yay - an event that comes with mech bay sale!!!

Question: Will the other upcoming hero events have mech bay sale as well?

Edited by Samurai Phoenix, 22 June 2015 - 06:45 PM.

#35 Sp4rtan

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

definitely my last participation in that kind of event. The effort > reward. so EPIC not worth it .

#36 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

Ya, I kinda gave up on the leader boards too. You have to play A LOT to get anywhere near the top, and to stay there. Or get 10 really lucky really good matches.

If you play enough you'll get some really good matches in. Sometimes you get that perfect bunch of PUGS...they are all spread out, don't have a clue, and are in mostly trial mechs. Hopefully your side is just as bad so they don't steal too many kills. That's where you get the mega points.

I like to drop with friends and group play is usually harder as people are generally more coordinated. Plus, the ELO monster tends to rear it's head more in group play. Easy kills and high damage are more difficult to come by.

Meh...I'll play the mechs on the board, but just play to have fun. If I make it on the board great, if not...no big deal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users