To Win In Cw When You Are In A Pug Team

48 replies to this topic

#41 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

To win in a pug team, pray for decent teammates and carry until your back breaks. If you have a few guys who are decent on your team, you guys can pull out a win.

From this morning before going to work:
Posted Image

#42 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 14 July 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Most important thing for a PUG team: You have to talk guys.

Share intell, call targets, anything, talk with each other guys. And if someone takes lead and gives orders DO WHAT HE SAYS, even bad orders are better than no orders.

It's this. More importantly, having someone call the shots and ISN'T A JERK. Otherwise you get people doing dumb stuff just to spite them.

It helps if the person actually knows what they're talking about, too.

The biggest thing? On attack? DO NOT REINFORCE.

There are very few exceptions to that rule, but that, right there, is one of the big ones. When the first enemy wave gets wiped out and then the second starts trickling in one at a time? I DROOL.

#43 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

Two rules for PUGs.

1. Stick together.

2. The other 11 Mechs are more important than you are. This is true for all 12 Mechs.

#44 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

How to win CW with a Pug team? Team work. though there does appear to be a few who refuse to do that, there are still plenty that do. had one match last night where it was IS pug vs Clans pug. we managed to get 12-10 on first wave and anger the enemy team on the first wave. Heck our 2 from the first wave managed to fall back to the regroup point. needless to say we won with 2 minutes to go.

#45 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

nj Lupis
my biggest nightmare is when i see that i did top damage in my team
especially when it is around 5-600 lol

#46 Korrner

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

MWO is a strategical FPS. Meaning attrition wins fight.

How to win by attrition instead of losing by attrition ? It is simple, you have to get rid of ennemy weapons faster than they get rid of yours. The most basic thing you can do to achieve a "fast attrition rate" is to focus fire.

Now, you don't NEED communication to focus fire. What I used to do, before being in a team and often playing with no mike or sound (people sleeping around) was to switch target as soon as I saw somebody hitting a different target than mine.

I would also stick with the group, even when they rushed to their deaths ... maybe my presence can help spread the ennemy's fire so that our kamikaze team can do more damage before dying. This was not always the right decision, but sometimes it was. One thing is for sure: every time it was better than staying behind to safely trade blows while my team was getting shredded and a hundred times better than to start arguing in team chat that our strategy was wrong.

Note that the absolute best way to be efficient is to coordinate with your team. That's a given. But many here talk like it would be the ONLY way, which it is not. There are a multitude of small habits (focus fire, not blocking, sticking together, being positive in chat, etc.) which all can contribute even if you don't care about speaking to your team.

Also saying there is no reason to ever match a PUG team against a 12 man premade is seeing war with happy lens ... why should war ever be fair ? There's a game mode with matchmaking and then there is WAR in CW ...

#47 Crux7

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

Ok sorry I have not read most of the comments, but I just have to say I've had a gutful of the faction gameplay.
it becomes so one sided so quickly it is just a waste of time almost always.
I'm playing PUG only because the croup I was in previously disbanded and I haven't worked it out to get ito a group that drops in Australian timezones.

I'm sick of losing game aftergame for Sweet FA points, c bills and loyalty credits.

and I am royally ticked that after the first attack we made, when I re-spawned they were there (at my spawn) an spawn killed me.
that's BS PGI.
no fun anymore.
I am not a sucky player, but I do have a BS ping of 380. this is because the faction servers are all in USA and not my ISP.

so my ballistics usually miss, and most of my lasers too. but they hit me.
missiles don't work too well on most of these maps; too many obstructions ad ECM now anyway.

so basically it's a waste of my time.
I WAS going to buy anew bunch of mechs, but now i'm going to sulk instead.
i'd post this elsewhere but I'm too frustrated to look further.

#48 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostCrux7, on 30 April 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Ok sorry I have not read most of the comments, but I just have to say I've had a gutful of the faction gameplay.
it becomes so one sided so quickly it is just a waste of time almost always.
I'm playing PUG only because the croup I was in previously disbanded and I haven't worked it out to get ito a group that drops in Australian timezones.

I'm sick of losing game aftergame for Sweet FA points, c bills and loyalty credits.

and I am royally ticked that after the first attack we made, when I re-spawned they were there (at my spawn) an spawn killed me.
that's BS PGI.
no fun anymore.
I am not a sucky player, but I do have a BS ping of 380. this is because the faction servers are all in USA and not my ISP.

so my ballistics usually miss, and most of my lasers too. but they hit me.
missiles don't work too well on most of these maps; too many obstructions ad ECM now anyway.

so basically it's a waste of my time.
I WAS going to buy anew bunch of mechs, but now i'm going to sulk instead.
i'd post this elsewhere but I'm too frustrated to look further.

enter faction TS talk to ppl, this is multiplayer so you need to find players that dont suck (or maybe?)

#49 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 December 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Just Talk to each other.

QFT!!!

Talk, tell your team mates what you're doing, call targets. Every bit helps, better to say something useless than just staying silent. Stick to observations and suggestions, never open up with a complaint halfway through the match, that's not helping. Stay positive and work as a team, then you can beat any premade, or at least give them a run for their money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users