8 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

At least on certain models.
The 4J had is ginormous Hunch removed replacing it with a better option that much improved the Mech. The 4P, 4G, and 4H are still stuck with their oversized RT mounts even when the RT weapons are removed.
Posted Image

We know the weapon meshes are sometimes used interchangeably between models such as how many Mechs now have a similar look to their Lasers, ACs, PPCs and Missile mounts. The Hunch is not part of that but how about making different sized Hunches that appear based on weapon installed.
Here is an example, a Hunchback-4G/H with an AC10 and the Hunch resized to 75%.
Posted Image

That could even be side by side mounted for those running 2 LBX10.

Here is a Hunchback-4G/H with 50% sized 2 AC5 Hunches.
Posted Image

Here is one with 3 40% sized Hunches for AC2
Posted Image

The 4P also should have the Hunch done away with. To do this, we need look at the 4H/J. Here is a 4J with no weapons, notice the green circled item I call a Tri-Mount. On the 4J, the Tri-Mount can carry up to 3 Energy, the same Mount is on the 4H and carries up to 2 Energy.
Posted Image

Just take the Tri-Mount and add a second higher up in the RT and you get a 4P like this.
Posted Image

PPC version does this to a 4J Tri-Mount
Posted Image

Resulting in something similar for the 4P.
Posted Image

Finally, what to do with a 4G mounting 3MGs. Don't think I need a picture, just give it a Tri-Mount high up because MGs should not need a Hunch to represent them.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

Not only no but hell no. The whole point of the hunchback is that shkulder mount. That where the name comes from for a reason. Thise redesignes look ridiculous and nothing like the mech its ment to be

#3 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Whelp go tell that to the people who designed it in CBT where it says the hunch is ONLY on the AC20, remove that and the Hunch gets smaller or goes away.

#4 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

You do realize that the hunch comes with massive armor and structure bonuses, right? Having the hunch disappear but retain the quirk wouldn't really be fair.

If anything, the mech needs a re-work of the ugly waist joint, not an overzealous conversion to completely hunchless Swaybacks.

#5 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

I call foul!

While fiddling with Hunchback-IIC-C builds, I discovered the following. It applies to all Hunchback-IIC variants, I checked. If this is possible for Clan Hunchbacks, then the 4G, 4H and 4P need fixing! The 4P should be done as shown in the 6th picture of my OP. If the 4G and 4H cannot be done as in the OP, then find another solution. This is wrong!

So while working on my C variant build, I tried 4 ERLLs and 2 MGs and got this.

Posted Image

Then I thought the MGs were a waste so removed them and discovered this. Self-explanatory.

Posted Image

FIX THE INNER SPHERE HUNCHBACK!

View PostLuscious Dan, on 29 June 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

You do realize that the hunch comes with massive armor and structure bonuses, right? Having the hunch disappear but retain the quirk wouldn't really be fair.

If anything, the mech needs a re-work of the ugly waist joint, not an overzealous conversion to completely hunchless Swaybacks.

Sorry, I missed when you posted this.
The 4J used to have the worst hunch in MWO, thus easiest to hit.
Today, it pretty much has no hunch yet retains the RT armor and structure buff (I thought the last pass combined those into one or the other but not here?).
Explain that.

Edited by Wildstreak, 15 December 2015 - 09:24 PM.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

As you have already seen, the most awesome Hunchback IIC gets its full-size hunches when any side torso weapon is present -- even a lowly machine gun or flamer or SRM2. It's only when you completely remove the weapons that the hunches disappear. As the IIC Hunchback is the result of superior Clan engineering, the inferior Spheroid Hunchbacks should also retain their hunches.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 15 December 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:52 AM

I'm going to have to disagree here.

Personally, I'd rather see the weapon meches never even affect hit boxes. I'm tired of my LRMs/SRMs increasing hit box sizes (such as the Battlemaster 1G for an example) just for taking the, Where as most every other weapon doesn't affect hit boxes.

If anything, the removal of the hunch for the 4J should be... removed? That hunch should always be there, whether you have missiles installed or not.

My suggestion would also be for the Catapult and the increasing arm hit boxes when you place more than 1 missile weapon on it. The Battlemaster 1G (to name one) and it's increased vulnerability to it's side torso for placing any missiles on it's side torso. So many mechs do this, specifically with missiles. Even the King Crab does it, if you place more than 2 missile systems on it! And the Zeus with it's "fist of doom" that makes the arm easier to target, hit and destroy...

#8 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

The IIC hunches are Still there just not protruding past the cockpit, so while the side profile is marginally improved the front is identical

#9 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 28 June 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Whelp go tell that to the people who designed it in CBT where it says the hunch is ONLY on the AC20, remove that and the Hunch gets smaller or goes away.

Nah, lets not listen to reason Posted Image

Anyway, when the hunch is active, the inner part next to the cockpit should register as CT instead of RT, for the balance purpose of spreading damage among RT and CT when someone is shooting from an angle to the left of the hunchie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users