Any Active Kurita Units?

49 replies to this topic

#1 Shad0wsFury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

So I hadn't been playing MWO since well before the clan invasions began, but I wanted to give MWO another look now that CW is coming along. I've been doing some pug CW drops with pretty poor success, and I've been looking around for a unit but I haven't found one yet (full disclosure, I did apply the Night Stalkers, but at this time haven't had an offer to join).

I'm a legendary founder who played a lot in the beta, but not so much after launch. I'd like to find a unit that runs drops in the Euro time zone--I find that even though I'm in the US, that's when I tend to be online the most. Ideally I'd like to join a Kurita unit, but I might consider breaking my contract to join another house.

I have a microphone and teamspeak, though to be fair I'm lazy and don't usually bother when I'm dropping with pugs. I'm open to coordination both pre-drop and on the ground. The mech I prefer to drive is usually the one that will most benefit the team or work well with whatever our chosen tactics are. I'm an adult, and usually not a jerk.

#2 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

There's the 36th Dieron Regulars (German unit, but willing to accomodate English speakers.) I think that's the only really active Kurita unit left, at the very least in this time zone.

#3 Shad0wsFury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

Thanks very much for the info.

Is the lack of active Kurita units due to the overall imbalance in CW, or is there simply a lack of interest in House Kurita? My experience in CW has been such that it's clear that the balance is heavily in favor of the clans with their powerful mechs and even numbers. Have most players gravitated towards the clan factions simply because it's easier to win? Have the Inner Sphere pilots tried to group up under one house to focus their efforts?

How about other Inner Sphere units--are there any that are particularly active between 1600 UTC and 2000 UTC? (1200 to 2000 UTC would be even better)

#4 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

I can only give you my personal impression. It's a combination of frustration with imbalances, PGI clearly favoring the clans (when the IS pushed back the clans hard after the last map reset, PGI propped them up with a "clan invasion" event), lack of actual goals and incentives, factions and loyalties being meaningless, the actual matches being repetitive etc.

All this has resulted in IS population - as far as active, experienced players are concerned - dwindling. In Kurita, we can at best muster 1 or 2 full 12 man teams even during peak ours, while each of the three invading clans (GB seem to be as dead as the IS) can put together at least 5 or 6. And because these attacking teams draw hapless pugs from IS houses (I don't blame them, they want games, and IS vs IS warfare is completely dead) you cannot really stop the Clans - for every game you win, three or four pug groups are roflstomped. So more frustration, even less people playing.

#5 Shad0wsFury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

Well that explains a lot, and sadly reinforces the experiences I've been having in CW.

#6 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

yeah me too... 3 or 4 stomps to a win would be fair to say and rarely seen anything more than 2 or 3 man Kuritas in general CW play. It's possible that some Kurita units go in only as 12 mans (or near to it) so few solo Kurita CW players will see Kurita unit drops.

That said, in the couple last wins I recall all it takes is some planning up front and then able to execute your plan better than the other teams plan.

#7 Heckbird

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

It'll take a little time, a couple of the best known Kurtian house units are taking a tour around the innersphere for a little while (Nights' Scorn, North Kurtia Volunteer Army). And a lot of mercs groups which were with Kurtia at the end of the last community warfare beta have moved to different factions like the FRR. I was with Kurtia till the big Tyukalid event when I switched to bear. So I can say the Kurtian community is passionate and can choose to stand on its own at times (New Star League), but give it a little time the units will come back and hopefully a lot of community will go to community warfare when the overall map really matters.

#8 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 22 June 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

I can only give you my personal impression. It's a combination of frustration with imbalances, PGI clearly favoring the clans

This doesn't cover the real issues for Kurita. The faction had 2 very active loyality units in CW in beta 1 phase. One of these was only doing light rushes. No skill, no tactics, only a low level strategy abusing meta builds and flaws of maps or objectives. There wasn't any enduring knowledge transfered to the solo players about teamplay, communication or calling targets. In the pre match screen it was just "pick your lights". And most players had 2 lights of 35t in their dropdeck very soon because of that. They never learned anything else.
The secound unit became infamous when the list of cheaters was published.

If you are looking for active Kurita players in your timezone, you should have a look at the teamspeak hub for your faction: HouseKurita.tserverhq.com
pw: dragon

Or you could visit us on the public teamspeak of ComStar NA: na1.mech-connect.net

As a founder unit we would be glad to help a fellow founder ..

#9 Shad0wsFury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostBSK, on 22 June 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

This doesn't cover the real issues for Kurita. The faction had 2 very active loyality units in CW in beta 1 phase. One of these was only doing light rushes. No skill, no tactics, only a low level strategy abusing meta builds and flaws of maps or objectives. There wasn't any enduring knowledge transfered to the solo players about teamplay, communication or calling targets. In the pre match screen it was just "pick your lights". And most players had 2 lights of 35t in their dropdeck very soon because of that. They never learned anything else.

If you are looking for active Kurita players in your timezone, you should have a look at the teamspeak hub for your faction: HouseKurita.tserverhq.com
pw: dragon

Or you could visit us on the public teamspeak of ComStar NA: na1.mech-connect.net

As a founder unit we would be glad to help a fellow founder ..

Thanks BSK, you've been very helpful, both here and in-game. I guess I'll go teamspeak hopping later and see who I can find.

#10 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

NS? Only light rushes? Never learned anything else? Bovine manure.

Yep, a steaming heap of it.

I'm on there nearly every day. It's dead as a doornail as of now.

#11 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 22 June 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

I can only give you my personal impression. It's a combination of frustration with imbalances, PGI clearly favoring the clans (when the IS pushed back the clans hard after the last map reset, PGI propped them up with a "clan invasion" event), lack of actual goals and incentives, factions and loyalties being meaningless, the actual matches being repetitive etc.

I think PGI actually favors the underdog. So far when any faction has been in serious trouble PGI has done something to get them back into it.

It's actually kind of interesting to watch and think about what all PGI's different changes have done with the CW galactic map, from the finer changes (faction rewards and dropdeck limit changes) to the more blatant (events and rule changes) to the completely obvious (map reset).

Edited by sdsnowbum, 22 June 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#12 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

This is total nonsense on several levels.

NS has proven over and over again that they can beat you in any variety of ways. Light rushes were an effective means to use lights, either in attack or in defense.

There were multiple active Kuritan units in the first CW (NS, NKVA, 3TL, 36th, ARKAB, 11th, 6RNT, 9SD) There was a period where NS was largely carrying the torch - this was when there was only a single ceasefire and that was NA based.

Once we all started working together on Kurita TS, things changed for the better. There was a great deal of sharing ideas and I've found NS drop leaders and players nothing but impressive and a pleasure to play with. Not sure who these solo players were but assuming they were on Kurita TS, they were treated as part of the team and had a chance to learn just like everybody else. These weren't 'pug' training sessions however and not sure why you think they should have been.

View PostKoshirou, on 22 June 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

There's the 36th Dieron Regulars (German unit, but willing to accomodate English speakers.) I think that's the only really active Kurita unit left, at the very least in this time zone.

As Kosh says OP, the 36th Dieron Regulars are pretty active EU ceasefire and are a great group of lads to drop with. Always worth checking on Kurita TS to see if anyone is around.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 22 June 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#13 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostShad0wsFury, on 21 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

So I hadn't been playing MWO since well before the clan invasions began, but I wanted to give MWO another look now that CW is coming along. I've been doing some pug CW drops with pretty poor success, and I've been looking around for a unit but I haven't found one yet (full disclosure, I did apply the Night Stalkers, but at this time haven't had an offer to join).

I'm a legendary founder who played a lot in the beta, but not so much after launch. I'd like to find a unit that runs drops in the Euro time zone--I find that even though I'm in the US, that's when I tend to be online the most. Ideally I'd like to join a Kurita unit, but I might consider breaking my contract to join another house.

I have a microphone and teamspeak, though to be fair I'm lazy and don't usually bother when I'm dropping with pugs. I'm open to coordination both pre-drop and on the ground. The mech I prefer to drive is usually the one that will most benefit the team or work well with whatever our chosen tactics are. I'm an adult, and usually not a jerk.

If your not married to the idea of playing in House Kurita, Davion has a ton of players on during EU ceasefire and NA ceasefire with a fair amount on during the Oceanic one as well. Lots of great units to pick from. If you want, send me a friend request in-game and you can drop with us a few times and get a feel for the Davion units and CW experience; lots of great people, fun drops and conversations between matches. the Davion ts info is ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345. No password required, just pop into a room and ask if they have space in their drop.

Edited by ccrider, 22 June 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#14 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 22 June 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

These weren't 'pug' training sessions however and not sure why you think they should have been.

Exactly. You just got the opposite of the point that I was making.

What you call nonsense are my observations while gaining rank 20 for the Ghost Bears ..

#15 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:05 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...64#entry4497564

Search functions: Bane of BS(K?)ers.

#16 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 23 June 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

Its ok I am done with you after reading in the other threads and looking at this last post.
Just keep this attitude up, hide behind your typed wordsand so on...
I dont care at all about you now.

Is that really your comback to THIS?

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Your next reply can only be helpful for the subject or make it worse, don't expect my attention for the latter ..

Posted Image

#17 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

And that was when they were Kurita in phase 1 that I am speaking of?

No, that was, as I said right away, a few days ago. Which you then claimed didn't happen. Which was, as clearly shown by the post I linked to, a lie. (And no animated GIF will ever make it not a lie.)

Since your claims about alleged NS tactics during Phase 1 were not backed up by any proof, and I, on the other hand have just provided proof that you are a liar, everyone can draw their own conclusions about whether to trust your allegiations.

None of this is helping the OP to find a unit that suits him,

No, my own mentioning of a unit that would suit him was the only real contribution in that regard. Your lying and trolling, by contrast, was not.

P.S.: You are seriously saying that PUGs bringing lights are doing so because they have been trained to do so by NS? Because that's even more stupid than what you usually post. And that is a very low standard.

Edited by Koshirou, 23 June 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#18 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

This is so childish and nitpicking that it's useless to waste my time with. And you know it. But it gives you that good feeling when you walk away from the computer, right? This behaviour is so toxic to this forum, that many good players and positive thinking people stay out here. And when this game makes it to Steam, there will only people like you be left in this forum which then blame PGI for failing again when new players see a toxic community and leave.
You want proof for the observations a unit leader of more than 100 founders he and his members made within 1000 CW drops against your faction and even call them unintelligent. And guess what, like I said in the other thread you refered to, I got more than 60 screenshots and 5 videos of that, but even though I censored all names it was deleted by a moderator for name shaming after one of the fanboys reported that post.
It is up to you if you are man enough to grow up and accept different observations and opinions or if you stay the one dimensional thinking know it all who wants to override any diversity with his bullying. Because that's what you are doing here. I don't care if you ignore related information to make it fit for your own arguments. I don't care if you neglect the bias in PUGs which gives us 2 easy kills before we even opened a gate. I don't care about Kurita.

But if you do, then take people by their hand like I do and show them how to play this game. Yesterday I had a PUG in my drop who never made more than 200 damage within 4 CW matches. I sat one hour after midnight with him in TS to help him with his loadouts and his dropdeck.

How about you make an invitational for combinat PUGs? Right here in this forum! Do it!

#19 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

This behaviour is so toxic to this forum,

You waltzed in here and decided that you wanted to slander (former) House Kurita units in a thread by someone looking for House Kurita units to join (to which I'll remind you I responded by mentioning an actual active unit) and you have the nerve to call anything else "toxic"?

Here's a suggestion to make the forums less toxic: At the very least stay in your own faction's section if all you have to offer is trolling rather than constructive content.

#20 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

This is so childish and nitpicking that it's useless to waste my time with. And you know it. But it gives you that good feeling when you walk away from the computer, right? This behaviour is so toxic to this forum, that many good players and positive thinking people stay out here. And when this game makes it to Steam, there will only people like you be left in this forum which then blame PGI for failing again when new players see a toxic community and leave.
You want proof for the observations a unit leader of more than 100 founders he and his members made within 1000 CW drops against your faction and even call them unintelligent. And guess what, like I said in the other thread you refered to, I got more than 60 screenshots and 5 videos of that, but even though I censored all names it was deleted by a moderator for name shaming after one of the fanboys reported that post.
It is up to you if you are man enough to grow up and accept different observations and opinions or if you stay the one dimensional thinking know it all who wants to override any diversity with his bullying. Because that's what you are doing here. I don't care if you ignore related information to make it fit for your own arguments. I don't care if you neglect the bias in PUGs which gives us 2 easy kills before we even opened a gate. I don't care about Kurita.

But if you do, then take people by their hand like I do and show them how to play this game. Yesterday I had a PUG in my drop who never made more than 200 damage within 4 CW matches. I sat one hour after midnight with him in TS to help him with his loadouts and his dropdeck.

How about you make an invitational for combinat PUGs? Right here in this forum! Do it!

BSK,

You started by attacking two units within Kurita with your post. What exactly do you want? A cookie. Some type of congrats brah ... you called us out. I could rehash CW history if you like but why bother. In my post about farming I was genuine about what I had to say. You can take the cynics view, that is fine.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 23 June 2015 - 06:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users