Any Active Kurita Units?

49 replies to this topic

#21 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Oh no, did it hurt? You want a plaster? Telling how it is, means I am attacking you in your world? I am used to this by religious fundamentalists, not by people who use computers.
Face it, you guys bullied so many people out of CW with your light rush abuse even when there were weekend events, that your genuine intentions were ridiculed by your own previous actions and then crushed by breaking your word. If you don't like the bad reputation of your unit, that is fine.

Someone gave OP his personal impression and I had a different one. Apparently people get out their pitchforks when my opinion is the nonexistence of a backbone for the faction nor a fundamental knowledge embedded within the rest of the community. And again I don't use any names here.
If you want to see your home faction grow, then big words are not enough. Take responsibility for your actions and start a network for smaller units, make a godfather system for new players.

Today when attacking Kurita we faced enemies with not a single one in a unit ..

#22 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Oh no, did it hurt?

Well, in a certain sense... an open display of stupidity such as your postings not only in this thread does hurt.

And again I don't use any names here.

Which is certainly a good thing, seeing as in that case, you would actually have to offer a factual basis for your ramblings rather than your ignorance-fueled imagination.

Edited by Koshirou, 23 June 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#23 NGxT

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Bsk has every right to come here and express his opinion about other units. Just because he's not in house kurita doesn't mean ****. You might disagree with his opinion, and you have every right to defend those units. However, telling him to leave and that he isn't welcome in an open forum because of his opinions or in game faction is ********.

My unit has been called cheaters, cancer, spawn campers, tryhards,whatever. Everyone has an opinion and people get ****** salty. That's their opinion, and you probably won't change it, so just shrug it off and do you. Feel free to defend units with your own opinions on them, but don't censor bsk cause you don't like what he says.

#24 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostNGRT, on 23 June 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Bsk has every right to come here and express his opinion about other units.

Well, it's not like I alerted the police (or even the forum moderation) to stop him from doing so. And I did not even insinuate that he had no right to lie and troll other factions' forums - but I will also make good use of my right to state that if he dares to accuse others of "toxic" behaviour, he adds hypocrisy to the already considerable list of negative traits evidenced by his postings. And of course, the fact that he has the right to lie and troll does not somehow make it non-lying and non-trolling.

Although I should be fair: He may not actually be lying in the strict sense. It's entirely possible that he was lightrushed by NS in the past and then, as he is wont to do, falsely assumed that his isolated experience was universally applicable, and furthermore, as he is likewise wont to do, cobbled together some "conclusions" from these erroneous assumptions by superficially fitting together pieces of imagined information in lieu of actual rational thought processes.

P.S.: I am somewhat intoxicated at the time of writing, so please pardon any errors. I would assure you that I am going to correct them tomorrow but the more likely scenario is that I cannot be arsed.

Edited by Koshirou, 23 June 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#25 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostBSK, on 23 June 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Oh no, did it hurt? You want a plaster? Telling how it is, means I am attacking you in your world? I am used to this by religious fundamentalists, not by people who use computers.
Face it, you guys bullied so many people out of CW with your light rush abuse even when there were weekend events, that your genuine intentions were ridiculed by your own previous actions and then crushed by breaking your word. If you don't like the bad reputation of your unit, that is fine.

Someone gave OP his personal impression and I had a different one. Apparently people get out their pitchforks when my opinion is the nonexistence of a backbone for the faction nor a fundamental knowledge embedded within the rest of the community. And again I don't use any names here.
If you want to see your home faction grow, then big words are not enough. Take responsibility for your actions and start a network for smaller units, make a godfather system for new players.

Today when attacking Kurita we faced enemies with not a single one in a unit ..

To address a point ... you imply NKVA are cheaters, I want to know why you think that? NKVA had no members on the cheat / ban list. Moderate whom made the list was a former 228th and SJR member and friend of The B33f. Just because of that I in no way associated them with her actions.

Second. Sorry you are butt hurt over light rushes from 4 months ago. In fact it is pretty darn silly at this point. NS light rushed when it was necessary back when Kurita was vastly outnumbered and needed to win back planets or to stop the bleeding.

Third ... light rushing for objective win was a minority playstyle inside of NS. We have 12 or so drop callers and would have only been used to meet strategic objectives. Aside from JGx or an Errodien led CGBI we had very little problem winning out right fights in Wolf, Jag, or Bear space. Jade Falcon (is a much tougher nut to crack)

Fourth, we pretty much get yelled at for Stalkers, TDR, ERLL, ERPPC, Light rushing, brawl stomping, objective rushing, camping drop ship, Wolverines, Dragons, FireStarters, team work, comms, premade etc. Literally I have heard it all.

Do you know what all that yelling has in common ... teams losing. We very often made offers to enemy teams to scrimmage with them to help them get better and even made suggestions and how to get better. Sure we were at times not always nice but in general we treat most players and teams respectfully.

I am not sure what we did to yank your chain and hurt your feelings but dude sorry already. Now get over it.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 23 June 2015 - 09:06 PM.

#26 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

So... BSK... What is your definition of a light rush? NS is known to use light mechs frequently, but since I'm present during many/most of those matches and since we rarely destroy omega before destroying the entire enemy team it confuses me to hear you complain about it. On a side note I'd like to reminde folks that light mechs are part of the game and utilizing speed and manuverability to defeat your enemies is harder than it looks sometimes. As we all know.. aiming is over-powered...

As for the lack of Kurita units it was explained a bit earlier that some of the loyal/regular/house units are visiting other factions to help their members get faction rewards, but the primary reason for doing so was to get community warfare matches. Many of our members are rank 16+ in Kurita from heavy play during CW Beta 1, but after the Beta 2 reset we beat the clans back to almost nothing and couldn't get CW matches anymore. We chose to play a few weeks in the clans and FRR recently because those factions were getting CW matches. Throw in a number of events overt the last few weeks that discouraged CW play and you can see why summer has been a ghost town, with the exception of the summer heatwave event.

I'm not entirely certain you'll get too much activity on the Night Stalkers teamspeak during primary euro hours, but there are frequently people there late night/early morning from a North American perspective and the unit is recruiting, but I don't know exactly when we will be returning to Kurita. We have had a lot of applicants in the recent months as well so I can't promise the recruitment process will be quick as it also requires dropping with us so we can get to know you. If you don't find players on ts.nstalkers.com you should try House Kurita teamspeak vs25.tserverhq.com:6071. Wherever you wind up I hope you have fun playing the game and feel free to stop by the NS teamspeak to hang out even if you decide to go with another unit.

#27 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostNGRT, on 23 June 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Bsk has every right to come here and express his opinion about other units. Just because he's not in house kurita doesn't mean ****. You might disagree with his opinion, and you have every right to defend those units. However, telling him to leave and that he isn't welcome in an open forum because of his opinions or in game faction is ********.

My unit has been called cheaters, cancer, spawn campers, tryhards,whatever. Everyone has an opinion and people get ****** salty. That's their opinion, and you probably won't change it, so just shrug it off and do you. Feel free to defend units with your own opinions on them, but don't censor bsk cause you don't like what he says.

Actually his own argument about toxic behavior is why he should censor himself. Telling him you believe he should insert his opinion where the sun don't shine is also an opinion and in no way censors him or forces him to stop spewing whatever ignorance he wants. On that note, stuf your opinion where the sun don't shine... We may be required to tolerate your presence here, but we don't have to like it or chill out because you don't like our response either.

So far that's all anyone has done here. We're doing us by speaking our minds, you do you and agree or disagree with it at your leisure.

Edited by 30ft SMURF, 23 June 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#28 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:46 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 23 June 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

Do you know what all that yelling has in common ... teams losing.

Is it really winning when your team is abusing a flaw in the system for 6 months in every single match? And what do I have to do that your cognitive skills understand that I am not butthurt at losing, I am just pointing out the abuse that destroyed active parts of the community. You ignored all negative feedback at that time, rejoicing the wins you had by taking a shortcut. Did the game prohibit your actions? No. Did it have any consequences? Yes.
And these consequences are a crushed faction community in phase 2 from your actions in phase 1. Here they are. That was you. You don't want to be responsible for all the litter because everyone else also dumped their garbage? And that piece of litter I am pointing at is definitely not yours? It is there because of you.
How simple-hearted does one have to be to repeatedly snub your enemies and then complain about low populated queues? It wasn't your unit by the way that beat the clans back in phase 2, that was the decision of a unit leader with the social skills of a fridge magnet who wanted to introduce his own CW league. Funny how you blame the events for disencouraging CW, it was you who continuously made light rushes through events which needed a match score of 80. Within the battles of 3 minutes none of your members even reached 20 points. Thank you again for the good laugh you gave me here. For me these rushes were adequate, I could either wait 10 minutes and play 30 minutes to gain something between 2.000 and 2.500 loyality points, or I could play 8 times against you in the same amount of time and gain 800 loyality points for each match. Calling it a minority playstyle was a good joke. Maybe you want to help your teammate with the definition by the way?

View Post30ft SMURF, on 23 June 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Wherever you wind up I hope you have fun playing the game and feel free to stop by the NS teamspeak to hang out even if you decide to go with another unit.

Now this is finally the attitude of a MechWarrior. This where we find common gounds. But you didn't stop there and ruined it by joining the choir of your 2 fanboys from above to blame the informer for the shame. This is what people did in the Dark Ages, or popular kids in their puberty.
And don't just make it your teamspeak, please be so flexible to join a public ts as well. We encounter so many big units in all the factions which don't want to move to a different ts, but then complain about PUGs to adverse "the tools".

I want to thank NGRT for bringing reasoning and propriety back into this thread. The progressive style of your unit leader will always be an outstanding example for me how to command.

#29 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostBSK, on 24 June 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

I am just pointing out the abuse that destroyed active parts of the community.

If these so-called "active parts of the community" were in any way similar to your own whining, lying, trolling presence, I'd like to extend a warm "thank you" to NS and everyone else involved in destroying them.

Edited by Koshirou, 24 June 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#30 Padde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFree Space

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:20 AM

STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD WITH OFF TOPIC $HIT!

Since I have been playing a lot of CW for Kurita, IMHO there are two major issues with CW concerning House Kurita (or any other great house...)

First - CW is almost everytime about premade vs. pugs and that makes the whole thing imbalanced. (not the clan vs IS issues).
Second - During the first CW season, many units (house or merc) got their rewards for Kurita und now they switched to other houses and clans to get their rewards there.

Since there are no real rewards for staying loyal to a house, there won't be many Kuritan units to stay with the Dragon...

Another problem - but that might be only a minor factor - there are no real competitive Kuritan house units (maybe NS). Sorry, but all the other well known units like 36th Dieron, 11th Vega, 6RNT, NKVA, Arkabs... consist mostly of casual gamers and thats why the really good merc units chose other houses/clans. (the 228th maybe an exception here!)

#31 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:33 AM

As one who feels a deep connection to house kurita on the whole... I gotta say, I saw a TON of light rushing by Kurita units in phase one.

For all the good it did them really. after the smoke jag's had a field day with their push into kurita space, oh AND the Ghost Bears. I seem to remember Kurita basically throwing up their hands and yelling "Screw it, we're fighting IS only" after a while [that push into davion space was delicious to watch though.]

Regardless of the tactics used, the point is, Kurita units are...kinda terrible lately. I only ever see them dropping in defensive actions, I NEVER see a concentrated group attacking. This hurts Kurita more than anything, as you're never TAKING ground, only loosing it. [I spent the first month of the new phase attatched to kurita.]

I had to trade out, 1 because a ton of my friends went Marrik, 2, I got tired of seeing the defense que's full, but never the attack que's... atleast in Marrik I see the occasional attack push.

#32 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 24 June 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

I only ever see them dropping in defensive actions, I NEVER see a concentrated group attacking. This hurts Kurita more than anything, as you're never TAKING ground, only loosing it.

Recently I have been thinking a lot about how we could get the factionless Lone Wolfs into CW for the factions that don't share a border with the invading Clans. My idea would be the implementation of Bandit Kingdoms on the other side of the IS, where Lone Wolfs could enter a queue for raids. Or we could make this dependable on the activity on attacks, because federal nations always needed an enemy to stay together, fell apart with their absence. Then if a faction doesn't attack for an amount of time, pirate jump points can appear randomly on any planet, not just along the border, where these raid queues would start.

#33 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 24 June 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

Regardless of the tactics used, the point is, Kurita units are...kinda terrible lately. I only ever see them dropping in defensive actions, I NEVER see a concentrated group attacking. This hurts Kurita more than anything, as you're never TAKING ground, only loosing it.

(Quoting the only non-BS part.) Yep. That's because no one plays. If you can muster, say, two 12-mans (and that's highballing with the current population levels), both of which will play for 3 hours and you have not yet gained any planet squares, you need not bother. And frankly, with the current state of CW, I can understand why you wouldn't want to drop with less than 12 men in the hope of attracting more house players to join the attack. It's a waste of time.

Earlier in this phase, after "the event" the 36th occasionally did attack and brought some planets to high % numbers. But it is to no avail. A single medium sized unit cannot conquer a planet under the current circumstances. This is not a phenomenon limited to HK, by the way. IS units don't conquer anymore - neither clan-held worlds nor other IS worlds. Loyalist IS players by and large don't bother anymore, so for the most part it's just hapless pugs lining up for the meat grinder.

P.S.: I should note, however, that among the three houses facing the clans, Kurita has overall held up best. May also have something to do with CGB being as stone cold dead as the IS.

Edited by Koshirou, 24 June 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#34 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostShad0wsFury, on 21 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

So I hadn't been playing MWO since well before the clan invasions began, but I wanted to give MWO another look now that CW is coming along. I've been doing some pug CW drops with pretty poor success, and I've been looking around for a unit but I haven't found one yet (full disclosure, I did apply the Night Stalkers, but at this time haven't had an offer to join).

I'm a legendary founder who played a lot in the beta, but not so much after launch. I'd like to find a unit that runs drops in the Euro time zone--I find that even though I'm in the US, that's when I tend to be online the most. Ideally I'd like to join a Kurita unit, but I might consider breaking my contract to join another house.

I have a microphone and teamspeak, though to be fair I'm lazy and don't usually bother when I'm dropping with pugs. I'm open to coordination both pre-drop and on the ground. The mech I prefer to drive is usually the one that will most benefit the team or work well with whatever our chosen tactics are. I'm an adult, and usually not a jerk.

Back to topic

You should get a PM from MadC4t one of our officers, Your welcome to play with the 36th if you wants that.

p.s.
My first post since months in the MWO forum. I also not playing at the moment MWO but i stay with the mates because the 36th is more as a MWO unit.

Edited by paxmortis, 24 June 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#35 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 23 June 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

You waltzed in here and decided that you wanted to slander (former) House Kurita units in a thread by someone looking for House Kurita units to join (to which I'll remind you I responded by mentioning an actual active unit) and you have the nerve to call anything else "toxic"?

Here's a suggestion to make the forums less toxic: At the very least stay in your own faction's section if all you have to offer is trolling rather than constructive content.

Why is it always the Clanners? Do we have a pattern here?

http://mwomercs.com/...-of-is-vs-clan/

#36 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostBSK, on 24 June 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Is it really winning when your team is abusing a flaw in the system for 6 months in every single match? And what do I have to do that your cognitive skills understand that I am not butthurt at losing, I am just pointing out the abuse that destroyed active parts of the community. You ignored all negative feedback at that time, rejoicing the wins you had by taking a shortcut. Did the game prohibit your actions? No. Did it have any consequences? Yes.
And these consequences are a crushed faction community in phase 2 from your actions in phase 1. Here they are. That was you. You don't want to be responsible for all the litter because everyone else also dumped their garbage? And that piece of litter I am pointing at is definitely not yours? It is there because of you.
How simple-hearted does one have to be to repeatedly snub your enemies and then complain about low populated queues? It wasn't your unit by the way that beat the clans back in phase 2, that was the decision of a unit leader with the social skills of a fridge magnet who wanted to introduce his own CW league. Funny how you blame the events for disencouraging CW, it was you who continuously made light rushes through events which needed a match score of 80. Within the battles of 3 minutes none of your members even reached 20 points. Thank you again for the good laugh you gave me here. For me these rushes were adequate, I could either wait 10 minutes and play 30 minutes to gain something between 2.000 and 2.500 loyality points, or I could play 8 times against you in the same amount of time and gain 800 loyality points for each match. Calling it a minority playstyle was a good joke. Maybe you want to help your teammate with the definition by the way?

Now this is finally the attitude of a MechWarrior. This where we find common gounds. But you didn't stop there and ruined it by joining the choir of your 2 fanboys from above to blame the informer for the shame. This is what people did in the Dark Ages, or popular kids in their puberty.
And don't just make it your teamspeak, please be so flexible to join a public ts as well. We encounter so many big units in all the factions which don't want to move to a different ts, but then complain about PUGs to adverse "the tools".

I want to thank NGRT for bringing reasoning and propriety back into this thread. The progressive style of your unit leader will always be an outstanding example for me how to command.

You are completely full of crap dude. Maybe you just confuse us with some other unit. Maybe you only remember the days gone past when we were fighting for our CW lives. Whatever the reason you definitely dislike us. I am OK with that. Good luck to you and I hope your soul eventually heals from the obvious damage we have done to it.

#37 Skamay

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

I would recommend looking at 6RNT (6th Rangers Night Talons). http://www.sortieboa...Forum/index.php
There is application link on there. We came in 6th in Kurita units in Battle of Tukkayid. And Kurita was top IS faction. But we aren't massive unit and leaders are relaxed.

#38 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

I've played a lot of drops against NS and maybe 6 against NKVA. I can't say how they play against Clanners and during tuk I heard everyone was just grinding wins but against Davion they played for kills, normally at long range. They generally ran 1 light wave but most times played long range, then heavies for all 4 waves with ecm lights staggered in each.

Not that it matters. That was back when cw was fun and cool :-P Back when faction membership was relevant and we cared about taking worlds, before PGI reminded us both were irrelevant and would be for a long time.

#39 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

That's my experience from dropping alongside NS as well.

P.S.: Still treacherous merc pigs though.

#40 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostKoshirou, on 24 June 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

That's my experience from dropping alongside NS as well.

P.S.: Still treacherous merc pigs though.

If CW picks up in HK shoot me a PM lol. I'd love to come back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users