Champion 'mechs Re-Build - Final Poll Votes!

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hello MechWarriors!
We're gathering the final Champion 'Mech Build winners!
Vote for your favorite build now in the Champion 'Mech Build Polls sub forum! The builds with the highest votes will be implemented in-game in the future updates.
Due to the high amount of Champion 'Mechs, we will be implementing them only a few at a time. However we will gather the final votes on Monday June 29th!

#2 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Cool keep us informed

#3 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

Finally some news about this, now if we could get a similar update on the serious cockpit item contest...

#4 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

I think it's a good thing PGI is using smurfy for communication of mech builds. It's a site well done.

I hope you considered a compensation for its creator, since you use it for commercial community management.

#5 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:56 AM

I wish the mechlab would be more like smurfys...

#6 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

Sorry guys, but I am very disappointed.. I am really not a skillfull player, but a Champion Mechs should be a good starter Mech for a new player.. but even for me is clear, that those builds are mostly useless for that purpose... engines with 310 and 295?? .. and full one-sided builds ???..

In a new players hand, most of those Champions are good just for one thing: as easy target for others!

Sorry!

#7 Evil Tiki Tiki

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 23 June 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

Sorry guys, but I am very disappointed.. I am really not a skillfull player, but a Champion Mechs should be a good starter Mech for a new player.. but even for me is clear, that those builds are mostly useless for that purpose... engines with 310 and 295?? .. and full one-sided builds ???..

In a new players hand, most of those Champions are good just for one thing: as easy target for others!

Sorry!

I am going to agree with Sky Hawk here. Most of these builds ignore the things needed for new players, a bit of diversity. Players coming to the game NEED to weigh in the quirks, weigh in the multitude of ranges needed in combat, as well as the variety of weapons this game provides. These 'Meta' like builds are a bit terrible in my honest opinion. It is like building close range mechs and randomly getting placed on a long range map (aka Alpine) is going to take you out of most of the match until the very end. When laying out mechs, always think of how to be effective at all ranges in the game.

Edited by Evil Tiki Tiki, 23 June 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#8 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostYUyahoo, on 22 June 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Finally some news about this, now if we could get a similar update on the serious cockpit item contest...

I have been wondering the same thing. You would think we would have heard something by now.

#9 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostEvil Tiki Tiki, on 23 June 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

I am going to agree with Sky Hawk here. Most of these builds ignore the things needed for new players, a bit of diversity. Players coming to the game NEED to weigh in the quirks, weigh in the multitude of ranges needed in combat, as well as the variety of weapons this game provides. These 'Meta' like builds are a bit terrible in my honest opinion. It is like building close range mechs and randomly getting placed on a long range map (aka Alpine) is going to take you out of most of the match until the very end. When laying out mechs, always think of how to be effective at all ranges in the game.

I don't understand what you mean? Not enough diversity? Not enough variety? Did you actually look at all the mechs? Almost every single one is different from the previous one. The CPLT uses SRMs, the TDR uses LPLs, the CTF uses AC20 and ML, the STK uses LRMs, the JM6 uses Gauss.... I am pretty sure that is almost every weapon system in the game. How is there not variety?

#10 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostWronka, on 23 June 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I don't understand what you mean? Not enough diversity? Not enough variety? Did you actually look at all the mechs? Almost every single one is different from the previous one. The CPLT uses SRMs, the TDR uses LPLs, the CTF uses AC20 and ML, the STK uses LRMs, the JM6 uses Gauss.... I am pretty sure that is almost every weapon system in the game. How is there not variety?

Exactly that is his problem! No one will BUY 6 different Mechs, just to try it out... He means: every single Champion Mech should be usable for multiple ranges and equipped with least 2 different weapon system type in the same time.

Edited by Sky Hawk, 23 June 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#11 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 23 June 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Exactly that is his problem! No one will BUY 6 different Mechs, just to try it out... He means: every single Champion Mech should be usable for multiple ranges and equipped with least 2 different weapon system type in the same time.

Previous champion mechs did that, they were ****.

#12 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 23 June 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

So you would rather buy 6 different mechs that are going to be sub-par at every range instead? The builds being voted on are actually the best builds (or at least close to it) for each of these champion mechs, and you are only hurting yourself to run anything else. Now I can see how that can be boring to be forced to run only 1 weapon type, but you can blame the quirk system for that.

Edited by Wronka, 24 June 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#13 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

I will buy them all !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users