359 replies to this topic

#21 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

Russ, can you give us any update on when the pilot skill tree will be changed, and if you have plans to do more than replace the pinpoint accuracy skill?

Also, any idea when MWO will have a separate experience for Lone wolf / mercenary / loyalist players? Is that CW phase 3 / Beta 3?

Edited by Alistair Winter, 25 June 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#22 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

some mechs are still considered bottom tier after the latest quirk pass (orion cataphract etc). when can we expect the next balance/quirk patch?

Edited by LegoPirate, 23 June 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#23 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Many of us in units have been waiting for Private Match CW maps for some time to help train pilots. Having them on the testing grounds has been helpful, but we would love to be able to run through more advanced movement patterns and practice timing, etc. Is there any time frame for CW Maps in Private Match play, even if it is a simple Counter-Attack version with no dropships or omega to destroy?

Also, any update on CW Wave 3 design plans?

#24 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

PPCs are pretty much unseen except for on chassis quirked very heavily for them. do you think this is a sign that ppcs as a whole (clan/is/er) need a buff?

Edited by LegoPirate, 23 June 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#25 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostLegoPirate, on 23 June 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

there have been numerous complaints about jumpjets, and in particular class 1 jumpjets. are there any plans to revisit and revise jumpjets, since its still not beneficial to take more then 1 jumpjet?

have you tried taking 4+ jumpjets recently?

with 4-6 Jumpjets most Mechs can gain altitude fairly quickly, admittedly not as fast as in the days when jump sniping was common but back then 1 jet got you almost as much thrust as 4.

I know this does not help the Highlander but for most other Mechs take 4-6 jets and you will jump

#26 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

At one point it was mentioned that every match would have a bearing on the faction warfare map.

1. Do you have plans to incorporate the solo and group queues into faction warfare?

Many players have large collections of mechs, with no real purpose other than "got to catch em all".

2. Are there any plans to give these collections a purpose? Such as garrisoning units on planets to make them usable on that planet for faction warfare.

#27 redandromeda

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

Is PGI satisfied with the current F2P structure (MC, premium time, MC mech store, consumables, private matches, real-currency pre-orders)? Are there any changes to these being considered? Would PGi be willing to solicit community suggestions?

#28 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

Any plan to address the ALPHA meta?

That is, limit the number of lasers that can be fired at once due to power restrictions or limiting the number of autocannons that can fire at once due to structural integrity of a mech (recoil compensation limits)? Seems many of the quirks are directly due to the alpha strike meta, and certainly the Timberwolf and Stormcrow nerfs are designed to prevent/discourage this type of play. But they are all bandaids to the problem. Since I know you won't limit builds/hardpoint sizes, what about simply preventing so many weapons firing at once, or if they do, they overload the power draw/recoil compensation on mechs causing internal damage?

(This could even replace the ghost heat mechanic!)

Edited by Peiper, 23 June 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#29 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

My Q:

Can we have a chassis leaderboard that resets each month?

Maybe, the top 3 of each board at the end of the month gets a small prize.
#1 Gets a floating title of "Top Gun: Commando" or "Top Gun: Timberwolf," etc.

That's all!

I'm hoping for :

Some prospective details on JJs
Info on new Assault mode plus hoping we are keeping old non-turret Assault mode
Quirk info
CW Phase 3 info

View PostLegoPirate, on 23 June 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

PPCs are pretty much unseen except for on chassis quirked for them. do you think this is a sign that ppcs as a whole (clan/is/er) need a buff?

DUDE, your sig is amazing, btw.

Edited by TygerLily, 23 June 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#30 redandromeda

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

What are the best ways for we, the average players, to support MWOs community and development?

#31 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

1. CW next phase information?
2. Any plans to make new player's life easier? I think the first 25 game bonus should be extended out to the first 100 games. I have nearly 200 mechs and I still feel the grind. I couldn't imagine what it is like for a brand new player.

#32 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

Do you have any plans to move away from the Cease Fire Cycles system and into more of a 24 hr perpetual model where planets that reach 100% attacker control are flipped on the spot and a new target planet is selected at that time ?? With no stops in the action every 8 hrs, no erasing all the work a faction has done all night and making you start over because the clock struck a certain hour.... It continues on until it is flipped or abandoned by the attacker..(if left alone for so long those attacked zones should revert). Most previous planetary systems have worked well in this fashion...why not here ?

Also, will the introduction of phase 3 (which hopefully means logistics and value to the planets coming online), will we see the end of the random planet selection "algorithm" in favor of more realistic movements (i.e. jump lines) from conquered or defended planets ??

All of the info you can offer on Phase 3 is greatly appreciated. Thank you !!

#33 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

I have a suggestion,

Many competitive games run a ladder which resets periodically. Maybe we could run CW as a 60 day ladder? Have leaderboards for various teams / factions etc. I think this would help keep things fresh.

#34 The Blue Katana

Rookie

• 7 posts

Will we be able to get CW games counted for things like achievements and stats someday?

#35 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Any plans too buff the Atlas and return its glowing eyes, Updates too sound effects an hit reg ?

#36 Psimon Drake

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 33 posts

Joystick control... Is there ANY chance we will ever have MechWarrior 4 style joystick control?

#37 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Is there a plan to Introduce a Wolverine, and Thunderbolt Hero ?

#38 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

1. In regards to TTK, any considerations to add more defensive equipment options to the game that are in the timeline?

2. Any plans to rework ES and FF so that ES isn't always the better option?

3. What ever happened to decals?!!? I want more stuff to spend money on!

Edited by Team Chevy86, 24 June 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#39 BASED THUNDER

Rookie

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

My question is to when will we have any value to planets as in taking certain planets that have factories on them to give discounts to weapons, mechs, engines, etc. And also to a possibility to have variation among weapons depending on manufactures.

#40 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Will good things happen months from now with no solid projection times and ambiguous priority levels?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users