Is Vs Clans Balance

229 replies to this topic

#1 Balu0

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

Is it ballanced?

I dont think so, clans are much stronger if both IS and clans have 240 tonst to drop. I would say clans should have only 230 or 220.

The amount ECM realy hurst this game mode. it should be limited somehow (the number of ecm mechs not the ecm effect)

#2 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

Clans have been nerfed to the point where the Inner Sphere quirks make IS mechs more powerful, now. Espeically with the Timber and Stormcrow nerfs.

So you're right, it's not balanced. It was...and then they nerfed clans.

#3 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

There is so much variation among IS chassis. It's hard to make a straight argument.

Most clan mechs are better than a lot of IS mechs, however, if we're comparing the top tier of IS mechs and their insane quirks, it's a different story.

I'd say that IS mechs are more specialized, and as long as you bring the right mech, you'll have a superior machine compared to the clans due to quirks.

For instance: Thunderbolt 5SS with 10% MPL range module is only a few meters short of Clan MPL, but with faster cooldown, less heat, and no ghost heat. It won't outsnipe a Timber with LPL, but it will most likely outbrawl a clan brawler.

Zeus-9S won't outbrawl much, but it has 810m range for erLL before modules, which is beyond Clan erLL range no matter what. It can outsnipe anything clan. period.

As long as IS team is bringing the right chassis and play to their strengths, their weaknesses won't matter and they're better for the job than clan mechs.

#4 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

Now that the Timberwolf and Stormcrow have been nerfed (as they should have been months ago), we'll see if the Clans and IS are finally balanced.

#5 Balu0

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

What I see are unkillable sniping beasts with 10 medium lasers or 5 large lasers killing everyone left and right while under complete ECM cover 100% of the time. So maybe IS have some quirks but come on.. look at the IS vs Clan win rates....

#6 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

Clan vs. IS balance was far better before the Ebon Jaguar was released.

The cause could be, that a lot of good players switched to clans, to play with their new toys.

But the cause could also be, that the Ebon Jaguar is slightly OP.

#7 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostBalu0, on 23 June 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

What I see are unkillable sniping beasts with 10 medium lasers or 5 large lasers killing everyone left and right while under complete ECM cover 100% of the time. So maybe IS have some quirks but come on.. look at the IS vs Clan win rates....

The last time we were given such metrics I believe clans won 53% of the time.

#8 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostBalu0, on 23 June 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

I dont think so, clans are much stronger if both IS and clans have 240 tonst to drop. I would say clans should have only 230 or 220.

Already tried when the IS was able to go to 250 tons, failed.

#9 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Topic title makes sense in terms of population levels, but I'm not sure about for anything else....

CW queues providing a match balanced in skill/strategy is so unlikely that it seems futile to assess mech strengths in this environment~

#10 Balu0

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Would love to see current Win loss ratio fro IS vs Clans.. I played about 8 games today, 0 win, yesterday about 6 games 1 win...

Maybe im just unlucky, but im doubt it.

And what about the ecm? What would be a good way to limit it without touching the actual item ?

Only 1 mech can have ECM from the drop? It would be till too many I think.

Edited by Balu0, 23 June 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#11 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

If your not playing with a team of at least 6 on comms, that's why your losing, it's not the tech, the IS has a advantage, most of the times the TEAM (be it IS or Clan) will win 99% of the time no matter the faction.

Edited by Leggin Ho, 23 June 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#12 Crixus316

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostBalu0, on 23 June 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Is it ballanced?

The amount ECM realy hurst this game mode. it should be limited somehow (the number of ecm mechs not the ecm effect)

View PostLeggin Ho, on 23 June 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

If your not playing with a team of at least 6 on comms, that's why your losing, it's not the tech, the IS has a advantage, most of the times the TEAM (be it IS or Clan) will win 99% of the time no matter the faction.

^This^

A friend of mine plays Clan Wolf. He has been trying to recruit me. Last night he gave me some staggering numbers. In the last 3 weeks, he has played approximately 100 games. He never drops with less than 8 other unit mates. His unit usually has 2, sometimes 3 drop ships during NA primetime. MS, CWI, and SWOL have been coordinating their attacks, sometimes combining members from each to form a 12 man.

During his 3 weeks with Clan Wolf, he has faced a IS 12 man premade once. Most times he faces small groups and random pugs. Its not OP Clan mechs. It is the failure of IS pilots to join a unit, and the failure of IS units working together.

#13 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 23 June 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Clan vs. IS balance was far better before the Ebon Jaguar was released.

The cause could be, that a lot of good players switched to clans, to play with their new toys.

But the cause could also be, that the Ebon Jaguar is slightly OP.

Nope. It's fragile as hell. Cored out just like a dragon in no time whatsoever.

It does carry a lot of firepower, but so do Jaegers each dies quickly when focused.

#14 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostBalu0, on 23 June 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Would love to see current Win loss ratio fro IS vs Clans.. I played about 8 games today, 0 win, yesterday about 6 games 1 win...

Maybe im just unlucky, but im doubt it.

And what about the ecm? What would be a good way to limit it without touching the actual item ?

Only 1 mech can have ECM from the drop? It would be till too many I think.

Join a unit get on TS it makes all the difference. I've dropped with some of our newer players in a 12 man and went up against PUG IS and we've lost so it's all about organization, that match they organized better.

CW is all about team work.

#15 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

Clan ECM is still my biggest balance complaining point.
I don't think there needs to be a limit to how many mechs can bring it any given drop, but I do think that including the ECM Hellbringer with the trial mechs leads to a bit too much availability in CW, since it's an extra free ECM heavy any Clan member can add to their deck.

Shuffling the trial mechs would be my preferred solution to this, though, instead of something more drastic or intrusive. The Hellbringer is a very useful mech, and I wouldn't blame anyone for taking one on a drop, but for CW purposes, in my mind it would be better if it weren't free.

Edited by Husker Dude, 24 June 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#16 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostHusker Dude, on 24 June 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

I don't think there needs to be a limit to how many mechs can bring it any given drop, but I do think that including the ECM Hellbringer with the trial mechs leads to a bit too much availability in CW, since it's an extra free ECM heavy any Clan member can add to their deck.

Shuffling the trial mechs would be my preferred solution to this, though, instead of something more drastic or intrusive. The Hellbringer is a very useful mech, and I wouldn't blame anyone for taking one on a drop, but for CW purposes, in my mind it would be better if it weren't free.

What needs to be done is ECM pilots need to learn how to use the J button and when to use it.

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Things seem pretty balanced now, actually.

#18 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Also, I do think it will get better now that the ECM Cataphract and Griffin are available for CBills.

ECM countering is definitely very helpful when done, but for IS, it basically required that someone take a light for that specific purpose, sacrificing armor and firepower tonnage for ECM.

#19 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostHusker Dude, on 24 June 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Actually very few of the Hellbringers you see are from the trial mechs. 3x Hellbringer + a light is a very popular drop deck and before the EBJ was released it wasn't uncommon to have 6-8 hellbringers in an opening wave. It takes 3 mechs to master a chassis and 3 Hellbringers are a good drop deck as well as being economical in both time and Cbills. Rotating the trial mechs really won't do much.

#20 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I would imagine that any pilot who plays as Clan regularly would own at least one Hellbringer.
I assumed that more casual players would automatically take one, and the regular players would have the additional option of bringing a second one for free. Totally would make sense that people would outfit all three variants for mastering with the Prime omnipod and equip ECM. At least they paid for it, though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users