What Is The Timeline Of Mechwarrior Online?

Contact Support

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dru The Blue

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:58 AM

"The game is set in a 1:1 timeline with the BattleTech universe, meaning that the current year 2014 equates to 3051 in BattleTech lore and each day that passes in real life also passes in the game. This means we are on the brink of the upcoming Clan invasion and utilizing the latest in technology available in the 3049 timeframe."

Just thought maybe this was a minor editing over-site from the home page that someone might want to fix.

Cheers-

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

yeah, we're in 3052 right now, and PGI might actually do some time jumps once we're done with the invasion.

#3 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:58 AM

So in a decade we will be seeing some very interesting stuff. The Clan invasion has totally different equipment than the Fed-com Civil war and Jihad era. I do not even want to mention the Dark Age.

Rotary auto cannons.
IS extended range Medium lasers
Snub nose PPC's
Light Gauss
Heavy gauss
Mech tasers
and more.

Even the 3025 tech,did not have some of the things we do now. ERLL's, Gauss, UAC5's, ECM, ERPPC's, MASC, Endo-steel structure, Ferro-fiberis Armor, CASE, I think BAP but I can not remember.

One thing would be interesting to see is different ammo types but being able to select an ammo type. That will also make the Clan AC's irrelevant and to a point the IS AC's also with the use of the LBX's. Inferno, Smoke, Thunder (FASCAM), tandem charge or Swarm for LRM's or SRM's. Armor piercing for Auto canons.

#4 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

Since we are in 3052, PGI should change the in-game year to that era. It still says we are in 3050.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 24 June 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

So in a decade we will be seeing some very interesting stuff. The Clan invasion has totally different equipment than the Fed-com Civil war and Jihad era. I do not even want to mention the Dark Age.

Rotary auto cannons.
IS extended range Medium lasers
Snub nose PPC's
Light Gauss
Heavy gauss
Mech tasers
and more.

Even the 3025 tech,did not have some of the things we do now. ERLL's, Gauss, UAC5's, ECM, ERPPC's, MASC, Endo-steel structure, Ferro-fiberis Armor, CASE, I think BAP but I can not remember.

One thing would be interesting to see is different ammo types but being able to select an ammo type. That will also make the Clan AC's irrelevant and to a point the IS AC's also with the use of the LBX's. Inferno, Smoke, Thunder (FASCAM), tandem charge or Swarm for LRM's or SRM's. Armor piercing for Auto canons.

It won't be a decade. I believe PGI will be doing timeline jumps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users