Stormcrow

5 replies to this topic

#1 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

I just finished the grind to buy my second Stormcrow. The first was the SCR-Prime. Great mech, I was clearing between 250-400 damage/match in that thing (no idea if that's good, but its definitely a lot better than I'm doing now). Now I've started up the SCR-B and... ugh... Having trouble breaking 100 damage consistently, I feel like I'm taking less hits, my arms are flying off when they're tickled. How do I play this mech? Or is is a matter of changing the build from the stock loadout?

Note that I'm terrible with mech builds... I use the stock loadout in my SCR-Prime still and I'm told using the stock builds is ultra n00b thing to do, so naturally I continue doing it lol. If you have builds to suggest for the SCR-B please explain it to me like I'm an idiot

edit: just realized I put this in the wrong forum >_< oops

Edited by girl on fire, 24 June 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#2 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

scr-prime stock it's one of the best stock loadouts
scr-b stock... well it has too low ammo for c-uac 20 but isn't that bad either if you like c-uac 20 and are careful with heat, it's a brawl build btw, i.e. a shorter range one

anyway all stormcrows are interchangeable, they don't have ct hardpoints and you can use any build on any of them, you can use scr-prime build on scr-b is you want

#3 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

i'v played 5500 matches and until i elite any mech and get the x2 i'm completely unable to contribute to a match in any meaningful way so my results are purely based on how well my lance-mates carry me

welcome to leveling mechs lol - you'r just having a bad run, stick with it until you finish the long painful grind to elite

#4 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

I do not like the B Variant - with all weapons on the Arms. Probably better to take one of the Primes arms to gain less heat.
To Improve Stock without spending C-Bills:
Take some Armor off the Back and put it to the Front.

ERML and UAC20 dont mix that good - if you want to brawl trade those ERML for ERSPL. You might want to consider using a Targeting Comp. I in order to get some better critchances.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...997c61b562287ea

Else you could swap that UAC20 for an UAC10, having better range than the UAC20. Take one more ton of ammo and one more heatsink.

As well you might try using LBXs instead of UACs in brawling or try to go gauss and snipe....

If you guys got troubles leveling through Basic try Lurming - you don´t have to expose yourself that much and always get a few XP at least. The SCR-D with 3xLRM15 is great. Use the Primes Head and Arms for TAG and 4xERSML as backup... don´t forget BAP.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...496f708b3c228df

..or just go 5xS-SRM6.

#5 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:03 AM

I was gonna see what mine was, but then I realized I have the prime, D, and C variants. hahaha

I know you probably don't wan't to scrap all the omnipods, but I would suggest the 'meta' build:
SCR-B
2x C-LPL
4x C-erML
and you'd want to switch out the B for a prime arm to get less quirks. I frequently get into the 6 and 700s with it. You shoot your LPLs at pretty much anything, shoot your ML at anything in range, and you alpha targets of opportunity. Not a brawler. Think of it as a game of pushing out as much damage as possible over the course of the round and you'll do well.

Here's my favorite, though it also requires a total rebuild besides the arm:
SCR-B
6xSPL
3xSRM-6 with 2 and 1/2 tons ammo

1 Trick pony. You go point blank right up to people, and repeatedly alpha a single component. At 0 range, all your SRMs will hit the same component. It's something of a 1-2 punch I guess. If you start to get hot, stop shooting SRMs, your lasers are cooler. Against single opponents, it is almost a guaranteed victory. It's also pretty much an instant kill if you have all your lasers late game. You can kill pretty much anyone with an open CT before they have time to react. IMO, this is a build that capitalizes upon all advantages of the Stormcrow. It can't be on a slower mech, or a mech with less podspace. It's very specific and that might be a turn off, but it's SO MUCH FUN. I've even had rounds where I've kamikaze'd straight into the enemy team for the sole purpose of killing a lrm boat and succeeded. The TTK is that insane so long as you get to pointblank range.

#6 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8bb00380a6bac65
Stay in the second line of your force and use your UAC/10 to support whatever your teammates are shooting at, then use your lasers to finish off weakened foes with exposed parts. Trigger discipline is important for your AC, having it jammed is not going to help you or your team but the double tap is good for getting the damage in quick before you have to find cover again. If you need to up your damage have the lasers on chain fire but they are more effective when you have a good opportunity to put them all in on one component, like if you happen to come across an unaware mech with their rear to you.

Option 2
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4e9804c5402ab91
This is a bit tougher to do well, but very rewarding when you get the hang of it. You preferably want to shoot both at once, but there will be times where you will need to chainfire to keep the pressure on.
Hang back in the 3rd rank of your force (not the rear where the LRMers are) with a zoom module if you have it, sit half way in cover and take only shots you are certain on. If caught in a bad situation turn your weaponless side against your foe and only turn to launch your volleys as you seek backup and cover.
You can even go with the light lance if you are careful, getting better positions to get good angles on what the rest of your team is drawing the attention of for some good initial shots helping your light mates to tear up their rears. Again the trick is to take only sure shots and not put yourself in a bad position.
If you're careful and precise you can rack up some impressive kills and save a lot of teammates, just be careful of your heat and faster enemies closing on you.

Then when you get enough money buy one of these:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...531fc635d479ecd
Arm SRMs as group 1, torso SRMs as group 2, laser group 3 or 4.
With this one bide your time with your team and lay low while you get into a good position, target lone and busy targets. Lay down a full bundle of SRMs at as short a range as possible, hopefully wiping out a component or getting a kill in one volley. If you dont, turn and run or circle around until you have another volley ready then finish them off with that. Don't stay around longer than two volleys worth, and don't engage clusters of targets that can all turn and lay into you. The laser is strictly for emergencies.
This one is fantastic for skirmishing and brawling when you learn to torso twist to turn away incoming fire. It also generates a ton of money with the damage output and a lot of component destructions and kills vs XL engine mechs if you land your shots well. This mech is by far my favourite and my biggest earning.

Edited by Funkin Disher, 01 July 2015 - 08:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users