View PostTitannium, on 26 June 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

you mean this...

Posted Image

#22 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

but..but...I find the Urbie IIC to be an abomination! It wouldn't even have 360 rotation!!!! (technically it would have none...they didn't give it a waist turret)
Posted Image
even if the exposed waist turrets artists are so enamored of make no sense to begin with.

Nope.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope

NOPE.

You know they'd give it torso twist. Besides, if you look at the art for the IS Urbie, it doesn't look like it has a twist capable torso either. And not only does it twist in this game, it twists 360 degrees. So don't be stingy, share the Urbie! B)

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 26 June 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

You know they'd give it torso twist. Besides, if you look at the art for the IS Urbie, it doesn't look like it has a twist capable torso either. And not only does it twist in this game, it twists 360 degrees. So don't be stingy, share the Urbie! B)

Technically, I don't think it did. It does have a large rotation ring, which as a cheap to produce mech, I have a feeling the weapons themselves simply rotated on the ring.
Posted Image

mind you that large box would negate a 360 rotation, but that was always an urban legend anyhow, and not supported in ANY canon lore. It could shoot behind itself for the same reason the Rifleman could, no lower arm actuators allow the weapons to flip 360.

But the legends I have seen promoted on these forums are great (Atlas originally transported an infantry squad in the head, Urbanmech pilot just stood up in the middle, and if anything happened the infantry just drug the incapacitated pilot out and took over, etc.)

Nonsense, but very fertile and imaginative nonsense, lol! And I don't claim my interpretation to be canon, canon is actually silent on it.

#24 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

They gave the nova a waist,

Why not urbiic

#25 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

but..but...I find the Urbie IIC to be an abomination! It wouldn't even have 360 rotation!!!! (technically it would have none...they didn't give it a waist turret)
Posted Image
even if the exposed waist turrets artists are so enamored of make no sense to begin with.

Psst. See: Nova. It can be done.

Besides, that's just bad art. It wasn't supposed to be that way.

#26 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Technically, I don't think it did. It does have a large rotation ring, which as a cheap to produce mech, I have a feeling the weapons themselves simply rotated on the ring.

mind you that large box would negate a 360 rotation, but that was always an urban legend anyhow, and not supported in ANY canon lore. It could shoot behind itself for the same reason the Rifleman could, no lower arm actuators allow the weapons to flip 360.

But the legends I have seen promoted on these forums are great (Atlas originally transported an infantry squad in the head, Urbanmech pilot just stood up in the middle, and if anything happened the infantry just drug the incapacitated pilot out and took over, etc.)

Nonsense, but very fertile and imaginative nonsense, lol! And I don't claim my interpretation to be canon, canon is actually silent on it.

Makes sense to me. And if Clan does ever get an Urbie IIc it's probably pretty far off on the horizon. IS can continue to maintain it's Urbanmech supremacy on the battlefields of MWO.....for now.....

#27 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Also, this is the original artwork for the Urbanmech IIC. Not the TRO - the TCG came first. Not sure how it does it, but it can clearly torso twist. :)

Posted Image

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Psst. See: Nova. It can be done.

Besides, that's just bad art. It wasn't supposed to be that way.

that's the official TT art and the Mini looks just like it, trading card pretty much, too.

#29 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

that's the official TT art and the Mini looks just like it, trading card pretty much, too.

Sure, but as you can see on the card the Mech can clearly torso twist. Kinda looks like it has hip joints the way the legs are set at a 90-degree angle to each other.

You might be surprised at how stuff becomes "canon" sometimes.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Sure, but as you can see on the card the Mech can clearly torso twist. Kinda looks like it has hip joints the way the legs are set at a 90-degree angle to each other.

well, I don't see those hip joints pulling a 360.

#31 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

well, I don't see those hip joints pulling a 360.

Shh... it has two 360-degree ankle joints. Look closer and you'll see...

;)

#32 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

Make the IIC versions unlockable. I say that in order to buy the IIC versions you have to have mastered the standard IS version.

Or just let us pay cash - you know you want to.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 26 June 2015 - 10:26 PM.

#33 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Dragon's arm anyone!! :P

#34 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

people have mostly IS mechs.... do IIC urbie.. to balance the numbers.

#35 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Ok, but i want this first:
Posted Image
It's so beautiful... :wub:

#36 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 June 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Same for everything but the Jenner.

ATMs and Heavy lasers for all the others. PGI will be making half of those variants up.

Really? didn't know the Orion IIC had more then 1 variant...

#37 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

IS urbanmech gets all the fun quirks.

Clan Urbanmech just gets the right to exist.

Sounds balanced? I mean we are talking about the AC 10 nad 20... which is better then the clan counterpart due to the fact that the clans spread damage...

Hmm... also make it so the clans have a much lower engine cap.

It has a 100 engine... why not lower the max to say... 130? (77.2 kph with speed tweak)...

#38 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:15 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 03 August 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

IS urbanmech gets all the fun quirks.

Clan Urbanmech just gets the right to exist.

Sounds balanced? I mean we are talking about the AC 10 nad 20... which is better then the clan counterpart due to the fact that the clans spread damage...

Hmm... also make it so the clans have a much lower engine cap.

It has a 100 engine... why not lower the max to say... 130? (77.2 kph with speed tweak)...

sry to say, but the 101/107 kph is a must for urbie.

#39 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

While not strictly canon, I would say it safe to say that each had lower tech versions, at some point, even if we don't get the mixtech to really represent early Clan designs.

Long duration heavy lasers, as relatively short range weapons, would defeat the purpose.

But, they are noted for 2 things, heat (ridiculous heat) and inaccuracy.

Simplest way to represent the way a Heavy laser should work, IMO is:
- Pulse Laser Like Durations, slightly longer cooldowns.
- HOT, very HOT with big GH multipliers
-Not give them the second range bracket. Due to their inherent and canon inaccuracy, make them purely short range weapons. So instead of 180 total range, Heavy Small is 90m. Instead of 540 for Medium, 270, and for Large 450, not 900.

To damage dropoff, nothing. Blazing hot, short duration/high cooldown short range facerippers.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

While not strictly canon, I would say it safe to say that each had lower tech versions, at some point, even if we don't get the mixtech to really represent early Clan designs.

Long duration heavy lasers, as relatively short range weapons, would defeat the purpose.

But, they are noted for 2 things, heat (ridiculous heat) and inaccuracy.

Simplest way to represent the way a Heavy laser should work, IMO is:
- Pulse Laser Like Durations, slightly longer cooldowns.
- HOT, very HOT with big GH multipliers
-Not give them the second range bracket. Due to their inherent and canon inaccuracy, make them purely short range weapons. So instead of 180 total range, Heavy Small is 90m. Instead of 540 for Medium, 270, and for Large 450, not 900.

To damage dropoff, nothing. Blazing hot, short duration/high cooldown short range facerippers.

I think ghost heat will ruin the point of that mech. light mechs using say 4 heavy medium lasers will already have issues with heat and with 5+ you will msot likely power down.

most mechs to run any heavy laser minus small heavy laser will probably be relatively dedicated already having them and mechs that boat them are already having massive trade offs (range, heat effeciency, etc... ie the certain nova with 10 of them... )

personally I think all clan lasers should have a sharp drop off from efficient to max range as a counter balance to the already present range. This can be shown in Heavy lasers as well...

I also think they should roll laser weapon damage back a bit as well, they are a bit higher then TT due to poor hit reg with them, it's gotten much better since back then and it's obvious in the PPC vs laser debate that this is a problem.

Also they were a tad inaccurate... Someone suggested for a different weapon ago that they have a cone of fire so to say where they can 'randomly hit'. kind of like the spread of the LBX 2 or 5... and maybe with a targeting computer you eliminate that problem (bigger PC the better accuracy) and quirks can aid too...

Overall. I do not really want to go into a debate on how to balance future weapons into MW: O... then we will have problems with other weapons of the time period or near...

When is the post clan weapons of IS coming out again? 3057?

#40 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if clanners could have all their own mechs plus better versions of every IS mech!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users