#21 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostKellaine, on 26 June 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Unfortunately WAR is that way much of the time... the bigger Unit usually wins. Sucks, but it is a fact of life.

But this isn't war, it's a weekend event in a video game. I get wanting a "war like" environment, but really, that's like arguing that matches shouldn't be fair at all, simply because battles are virtually never fair.

This is a game, and it needs to be fun for everyone. While a couple underdog matches can be fun, very few people like to be underdogs to the point where it's literally impossible for them to win - and that's what this system is, unless I really misread it.

#22 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostJman5, on 26 June 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

During the Tukkayid event there were way too many people playing as Inner Sphere resulting in high wait times for them. PGI, can you guys give us some % numbers for faction populations so people can make a more informed decisions on which faction they should join to get fast match ups?

I would hate to join a faction and find out its super saturated with players already.

Protip: if you get a chance to pick factions wait until after the event starts (after the first ceasefire) before making your choice. Ask on forums about the state of the map and queues, which planets got which tags, etc to make an informed decision.

Protip2: Anyone can create a unit if you don't want to join an existing one. Even if you are a unit of 1 you will be eligible for some additional rewards you wouldn't qualify for otherwise. No chance of getting on a leaderboard of course.

#23 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

It's nice they're giving some advance notice on these events lately! I hope this is a trend that continues! :D They're starting to have foresight! We're doomed! Doomed to a game of competency! :D

I've never really clashed with PGI before on anything, but I know a lot of people did. So it's really good to see this information coming out, first with the Hero's heads up, and now this Bravo, keep up the good work!

#24 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostMandyB, on 26 June 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

I might have to join a unit......

Mandy... you know which one it has to be :-D

#25 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

Well done PGI, I'm looking forward to it.

We, the Hanseatic League of Free Mercenaries, will welcome any german speaking players (yes even from bavaria ;) ) that want to play for a team, hone their skills and want to be sucessful together.

Please follow the link in my sig to our homepage and have a few drops with us. We are looking forward for your application. :)

#26 BiggoB

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostIan G, on 26 June 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Well done PGI, I'm looking forward to it.

We, the Hanseatic League of Free Mercenaries, will welcome any german speaking players (yes even from bavaria ;) ) that want to play for a team, hone their skills and want to be sucessful together.

Please follow the link in my sig to our homepage and have a few drops with us. We are looking forward for your application. :)

sorry i have to quote that :) bad inside joke with the bavarians but still good ;)

#27 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

#28 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

If only most of my unit wasnt bored of this game already

#29 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 26 June 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

A CW event that's centered towards units?

I might end up staying out of this, no matter what the rewards are for the personal challenge.

The very thing CW is based on, how dare they!!!!!

#30 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 26 June 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Its great to have such advanced notice for an event, thank you for keeping us informed PGI
it would be even nicer if along with this event we can be assured that:
Ghosts drops if they happen (and thanks for working that they happen less often) return a minimum match score of 80pts (rather than 9-12) so that those games won't be a waste of time and
We can be assured that 90%+ of games won't be large groups vs mostly pug/solo players so that the round is fun and there is a decent chance that most everyone on both teams can get a match score of 80 (yes I know 80 is relatively easy to get but if you ever have dropped solo vs a 9+man premade team you basically only get to play your first mech, the others are dead within a few seconds of spawning...and yes the recent changes have made that more difficult for one side to do now but its still been happening)

No, because that is how the MM works.

It's 12 man vs 12 man and if none available its 12 man vs 12 man skirmish.

And it has been proven by PGI these 12 man unit stomps are BS. Have to find a new excuse.

#31 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Good news, looking forward to it, anyone looking to join a unit then now is the time to do it, sign up for the event even if it's only for that time period then leave if you want.

#32 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

Is no one else just happy that PGI is starting to announce their events more than 1 day prior to them actually starting? Please keep this trend up. Knowing which weekends to border up my house is nice.

#33 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

Oh great event !

But PGI dont know that there are no players in CW. So have fun waiting for hours to start a single CW game !

In the meanwhile I will drop 10 times in normal PUG matches and will have a lot of fun.

#34 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 26 June 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Oh great event !

But PGI dont know that there are no players in CW. So have fun waiting for hours to start a single CW game !

well exactly thats the reason why they focus it in an event maybe?
to get more players into CW

#35 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 26 June 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Is this going to be calculated in a way that prevents MS being the auto-winners of the planet ownership and event points, or does the fact that they outnumber everybody else already guarantee them first place?

You spoke my mind, man!

#36 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

So this is an announcement of an upcoming announcement!

#37 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

While I appreciate the attempt at a head's up...

-Still barely enough time to cancel a contract. Because of the cooldown this is essentially a less than 24 hours advanced notice.
-Still costs a ridiculous amount of money to break said contract if we choose to do so. And we won't even know if we want to because we don't know what the event is, which makes it hard to guess which faction will yield us the best fights.

I mean, I appreciate the attempt after Tukayyid, but this isn't that much better in the end.

#38 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Sounds like I might be tempted to join a regiment.

Though as a few here have mentioned, is there going to be a chance for smaller units to win this game event, or is the point system so slanted that one or two teams will win this because they have 400 active members to everyone elses 30-50 ?

#39 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

This announcement seems weird. It sounds like a call to cancel contracts and join up with the few colossal units; contrary to Russ's town hall which planned for those super-units to break up into smaller groups..?

Moreover, none of the reward/points were announced, so we don't know if that's actually in our best interest. All I see on the challenge page is "CW Hard Core Unit Challenge 10 points" for the flower-skirted bobble girl....

#40 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 June 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

This is an advance notice for all pilots that we will be running a Community Warfare event from June 30th until July 6th! This Event will have a strong focus on Unit-based warfare, but there will be a Personal Challenge.

Emergency plan to stop us from reaching Terra huh? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users