Stay South During The Cw Event

37 replies to this topic

#1 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

This is a plea to get some action on the IS Southern House borders during the upcoming CW event.

Davs: If you have a chance to attack the Liao planet PLEASE do it.

Before you go defend a Clan drop check if Liao is attacking one of your planets.

If your attack queue on Liao border is swollen, switch to defend even if no Liao seems to be attacking - maybe Liao people will be drawn by the call to arms.

Going to defend on the Clan border should be the last resort if you find no other way to get a match...if IS seems to be outnumbering Clan don't even go there.

Even if you have to wait 5-10 minutes on the Liao border, give it a shot. No sense giving your matches and your unit's time to the Clan border, unless you absolutely have to. Remember you will have zero chance to take any Clan planets so all you are doing is giving them matches so they can take planets. (sorry Clan players but I have confidence you'll be able to fight and take planets without Liao or Dav defending them!).

#2 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

The rrb will be there count on it

#3 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'm down with this idea. I'm getting pretty sick of defense/counter-attack against Clans. Although with how close they are getting to Terra, our chance to attack them will be soon. :ph34r:

#4 Hase36

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

The 31HR will join the party -> don't forget the beer :D :P

#5 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

I'll pass your wish for battle on to the Phoenix Legion High Command. Prepare the space bacon :D

#6 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

Fully concur with OP... We'll be there with bells on.. (so Zvolomir can find us more readily..lol). See you there..

Posted Image

Edited by Aylward, 28 June 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#7 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

i guess this issue is obsolete now. clan wolf HAS reached our borders.

#8 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

So what ?? doesn't mean we cant still fight IS vs IS...Terra hasn't been opened and we don't have an attack lane to them.. Just because PGI let the mercs span the map as clanners in two short months doesn't mean we have to show up for their benefit.. There is no added value here in fighting clans as opposed to fighting IS at this point.. So there is no compulsion to drop what we are doing and clamor to be their cannonfodder to wash over with their numbers and most of the assembled higher end comp units.. I'm still looking forward to engagements on the Liao and/or kurita borders first myself..

#9 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

I've got a feeling this upcoming event will be like Tukayyid, so you won't have an option to attack Liao specifically. But, what do I know? :-P

#10 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Tsinghai has been open for business for a while, and that's where they make...

Posted Image

TO ARMS!!! TAKE THEIR BEER!!!

#11 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

No, No...they don't make it there... We already own planet Tsingtao.. Tsinghai is where they have been warehousing it for distribution into Liao and marik space.. ;)

#12 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostAylward, on 29 June 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

No, No...they don't make it there... We already own planet Tsingtao.. Tsinghai is where they have been warehousing it for distribution into Liao and marik space.. ;)

EVEN BETTER. Beer we don't have to make ourselves, ready for the taking.

Next you'll tell me these warehouses are kept at a perfect 1* C.

#13 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 29 June 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

EVEN BETTER. Beer we don't have to make ourselves, ready for the taking.

Next you'll tell me these warehouses are kept at a perfect 1* C.

Dammit Tin, I taught you to like good beer, not Lao crap.

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Let's be 100% honest here -

Wolves are at Terra because PGI wanted them to be. No other reason. CJF has over 100 worlds but because it seemed to entertain some big Clanner units with the Wolves (right when PGI wants to sell a lot of Clan packages) to make them feel like they're the big winners it seems like they're being handed Terra.

Which, let's be clear, they will. The whole thing is so cheap that... well, I just don't even. Not even worth discussing.

Liao though is a gun toting neighbor who's been showing up to play day in and day out for a lot of months now and vastly, vastly better deserves our time and presence (which is the only point to this game - other players showing up to play with) than MS and the Wolves in their platter served event do.

Screw the Clans. Let them eat turrets. Go play with Liao. Win or lose they show up knowing they're going to get screwed by the system. There is a certain respectable crazy to that.

Edited by MischiefSC, 29 June 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#15 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

I was hoping something like this was going to happen.
Likewise on the other borders

#16 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

Clan Ghost Bear had the exact same attack lane advantages as Clan Wolf. Namely being able to use the borders of Raselhague, Steiner, and Kurita space to push a straighter lane, as well as being flanked on both sides by friendly factions to again straighten their attack lane.

If we're being 100% honest, Mischief, the factions that win matches take planets. We've been in situations where we were pushed back. We were pushed back because we lost games. You (or I) can blame mech and weapon balance, or quirks, or demographics, or merc units, or pugs, or units participating or not participating, and those might each be legitimate grievances. But the side that wins games takes ticks, and the side that takes ticks takes systems. This is especially true now that ghost dropping is anywhere from half to a fourth as effective as it was in Phase 1. We wouldn't be at Earth if we didn't win games, and we wouldn't have been pushed back to The Rock if we didn't lose games.

If you want a game that takes a more holistic approach to faction warfare, this was never going to be that game. And in my mind, there's only one game that might fill that niche (which I will not mention).

Edited by Knightcrawler, 29 June 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#17 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:31 AM

Except that cjf has kicked about 2x the a$$ as wolf and the attack lanes were never nearly as direct last time. 60 wins to Terra? Did you see the map last time?

MS got a yellow brick road to Terra in 60 days of playing taking 1 world a day on average. Back before everyone got burned out on cw that would have been a mediocre performance. Not bad; not that ms and the wolf units tagging along haven't played well and eaten a numbing number of turret drops I have no doubt.

It's not exceptional though. It's not bad, it's good work and well played wins. Cjf has wrecked twice the face and likely against more actual players. We won't even get into this being ms and not a faction victory.

Please don't take my frustration with overall cw issues as being negative about clan wolf players. I'm sure you've played hard and done great. That's part of the issue; a game design that strongly rewards the most don'tcare merc org and success driven by algorithm 'luck' instead of player skill belittles your accomplishments. At this point getting awarded Terra by random lottery drawing is about as relevant.

#18 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostTahawus, on 29 June 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Dammit Tin, I taught you to like good beer, not Lao crap.

You also taught me that free beer is best beer.

Edit: also when you drink this Liao beer, you're thirsty again in like, 15 minutes.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 30 June 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#19 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 29 June 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Tsinghai has been open for business for a while, and that's where they make...

Posted Image

TO ARMS!!! TAKE THEIR BEER!!!

come to the green side, [SHZ] also has the wine!

#20 gorynich

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

Davies, are you going to defend Wazan today?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users