21 replies to this topic

#21 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 08 July 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Fair enough! I think I was a little carried away by the LPL and the duration buff. And yes, poking with the barn door might be less than ideal.

#22 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:40 AM

As an Awesome owner.

- Size is part of the rescaling poll going on now. I confidently believe the Awesome will make the list of 5 Mechs to be rescaled.

- Hardpoints, they just got a weapon pass. Missiles seem to have gotten the best treatment except for that fin mounted location on the Pretty Baby, I have not seen any pics of an 8V yet. The 8R now can mount 4 LRM15s and shoot all 60 missiles in one flight compared to the 2 flights needed before. The 8V used to be limited to 15 per flight.

- Quirks, they actually helped PPCs so those are fine, it is how other Mechs are quirked that is the problem. Some do not take advantage of the insane torso twist buff from quirks that provide a wide range of twist movement.

- I ran Awesomes before quirks and the hitbox pass that fixed the problem of the CT being easy to core out, changes have improved it.

The 8R is still viable with 4 SRM6 and 2LL, pilots just have to realize that early in a fight there is little for them to do but poke with 2LLs. When the time is right, this brawler can charge in with SRMs flying and wreck people.
8Q can suppress with PPCs chain fired even more with the recent speed buff.
8T I usually ran with 4LLs fired in paired groups and a couple small LRM launchers. It can also do 2 big LRMs with all ML/MPL.
8V, best ride I had was 1LRM15 and 3LLs at range, it is the oddball of the CB available Awesomes.
Never owned a 9M.
PB can do long or short range.

Some of the old information still applies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users