Great vlog! Much better than the last! :D

#103 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

nice vlog ;)

But what's up with hosts without pants these days? At least put something on the glass table :P
Posted Image

#104 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 29 June 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Anyone else notice the centurion holding the mic? :D

It's actually fan art. One of the players made that Cent using 3D printing. If I recall right there should also be a Raven and Sarah's Jenner at the PGI offices. Pictures should be buried somewhere in Fan Creations.

#105 Denis Lacroix

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

"For those of your who do not have a computer science degree..."' <laughter> Can you be more condescending?

#106 Chimerahawk

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostFLahenO, on 29 June 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Wow !! U finally learned how to make low poly trees? And it took 3 years only ))))))))) And how long will it take to sort out scaling - that i can get feeling of huge war machines and not 2 miter atlas ?

Wow !! U finally learned how to be a douchenozzle on the internet? And it looks like you're gonna get to live in your own troll cave now )))))))))) And how long will it take you attempting to demean others instead of using many forms of constructive criticism available - that you can get feeling of a real person and not a sad creature ?

Aside from him, all the stuff looks great!

Edited by Chimerahawk, 04 July 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#107 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostDenis Lacroix, on 03 July 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

"For those of your who do not have a computer science degree..."' <laughter> Can you be more condescending?

Ryan wasn't saying that to insult people, he was just trying to think of a better way to explain how the code works. You are just making him sound like that.

But at least we are finally going to see collisions and day-to-night cycles. So I am glad to hear that.

Edited by Will9761, 04 July 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#108 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

I'd like a map with 2-3 tunnels or caves rather than just 1 obvious one. This will make it harder to guess where the enemy can come from.

Also in terms of assets blocking other assets from rendering, please make sure to test performance on potential battle areas that players can reach where all can be viewed (top of mountain, side of mountain where you can see both ends, elevated sniper view that might have a bird's eye view of the city).

Edited by Elizander, 05 July 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#109 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

Great job on River City. It makes the game feel so much better. Love the dynamic time of day and the destructible objects/trees. Adding dynamic weather is very much wanted. Also collisions are starting, I look forward to the day I can perform a DFA maneuver.

It's great to see Devs so into their work. You could tell how passionate they are about their work. Tina really seems to be finding her niche here and was (obviously) much more relaxed. I can't wait to see the changes in Forest Colony, Alpine and the rest of the maps (though I'd prefer they do the makeover on Caustic Valley and Frozen City before Alpine, but knowing they are coming is enough).

Someday we'll be able to destroy buildings, bridges and perhaps even boulders. Bring it on I say.

#110 Pukie

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

I just want some sort of storyline to be in the game... At least start to develop convoy game modes and the like. Right now I feel like more maps and more mechs is just going to further going to kill this game. People have left in droves and the nubs that have never played find it boring or to hard to get used to the simulator due to not having at least a minor one player mode.. ie storyline. Places I do agree this is a playable game but it is lacking immersion. ;)

#111 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostMordynak, on 30 June 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

That's literally it. It has taken far too long for them to do these minor details.

Maybe they've been busy with other stuff?

#112 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

Thank you PGI for finally recognizing the computing capacity of your MWO community. Your implementation of the CRYENGINE Dynamic Time of Day feature and destructible vegetation adds tremendously to the immersion of the River City map!

I, as well as the rest of the MWO player community, look forward to your map re-design project.

Please keep in mind DX12 is here and 2016 will bring us the public release of the Oculus Rift.

Remember PGI, you can keep up with these new gaming technologies coming soon.

Best of Luck,

Aidan :)

#113 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

Like Pukie wrote, a solo and coop mode is really needed, keeping the game PvP only will hurt the game in the long run, redoing the maps and re-scale wont attract new players. I do admit that playing Solaris over and over kinda gets me bored and CW, well lets say that there is some incentive to play but still feels very little as the loyalty points progress slower than GXP.

I really feel like the team works hard but all that sweat is focused on the wrong things, 3 years after beta and still didnt got excited for anything. :(

#114 fighterguy899

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Lol I saw that picture of the hosts with their pants off!!! :lol:

#115 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:27 AM

"Breakable trees"? That naive girl meant rotating geometry around horizontal axis? With facing vertical one to so called collision detection? With ugly visual a top of all. Tree in mwo look like these in game engines from nineties(yes i am speaking about several polyPlanes mapped with bad textures and all this rubbish method repeated the same way for each tree geometry)
Still horrible colision model with rough detection.
Terrain topology intended rather for shopping ******** area then fps game? Whole environment thing looking like barbie toy set.
Devs, you are really funny amateurs. what about some really worth changes? Game modes, open world, etc. ...? But in this case I would want too much from you. :)
And you still dare to charge players with horrible prices for some new mech chassis? By the way: boost your animation team and teach them to work properly. Half of your mechs have really bad animation cycles and looking like prehistoric tvs with legs.
The turning around needs to get some more logic from mechanical point of view(I know Battle Tech guys invented chassis' badly and according to visual, it is impossible to make it looking "realistically" but still the animation would look slightly better)
Namely: Urban Mech, Dire Wolf, Storm Crow, etc. ... just mentioned. There is more of them.

#116 PALLADIN

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

Trees... grass... building... are you serious? This is a old maps.. need build a new one, bigger and interesting! Many maps are glitches(Grim Portico, Vertigo Forge - mech stuck and can't went thru from hindrance.. at map Sulfurs Rifts - artifacts textures). Light mechs blocking a bigger 100 tons mech!!!! In Mechwarrior IV: Vengeance mech Catapult may destroy a heavy mech from two shots of the LRM 20 heavy mech, what sense in LRM in yours game? Did LRM needed in game in that layout into IS?
The game needs more weapons, new interesting mechs, maps, new searcher queue in Clan War(take 10-30 minutes per one search of the battle!!!!!!!)

#117 Jagergrenadiere

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

Balance the game, Sheitbirds...its bad enough its not battletech...but really? Clan kills all in 2 blasts...LOL

Honestly...just make it "pay to win" and call it by a different name # fuckedoffhard

Edited by Gander Panet, 05 February 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#118 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:56 AM

@Gander, your post is absolutely worthless, because:

+ it's off toppic
+ does not contain any statement to discuss about
+ obviously you have no clue (how often have you played the game?)
+ you are using offensive language
= When you don't like MWO stop playing it and don't pollute the forum with your trash - thanks

Edited by Flocus, 05 February 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#119 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Did that guy hashtag?

#120 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

Gander, as ineloquent as he is, has one distinctive point... this is not BattleTech, it is Heavy Gear with BattleTech names. Though I like the simulator a great deal, and believe it is exactly what a computerized version of tabletop would "FEEL" like, everything else about it is wrong. There are some beautiful settings to play in, there are MINOR tactics that can be executed. However, there is zero strategy, it's a complete pound-other-'Mechs-fest, and there is ZERO substance to Faction Warfare or the so-called solo queue whatsoever. Thousands of us in this community, though only a couple of dozen truly hardcore names, including my own, have spent a great deal of time trying to tell PGI what we want to see, and it is completely ignored, period. Oh, every so often they come up with a ****** amalgam to what was proposed, such as using PSR and Tiers as opposed to proper Piloting and Gunnery Skills, and MechWarrior Quality (Cadet, Green, Regular, Veteran, Elite), but on the whole they refuse to get into those books they touted as being on their desks, and so very important to this project, back in 2012.

They continue to work to their own detriment, as I continue to see population fall-off, one unit in particular being the "Brother" merc unit to my own, Equal Opportunity Destroyers. They are now playing, as friends, in Star Citizen and in many other games, because there is ****-all to keep them playing here.

The only difference between what Gander Panet and I have said, between these two posts, here, is that I have a bit more love for words, and my ardor has cooled and leveled after waiting since October 2011 for PGI to pull their head out of their *** and deliver on the game they said they would.

That's all I've got to say about that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users