92 replies to this topic

#1 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

Release some public maps and game modes soon because this is getting ridiculous. ENOUGH WITH THE NEW MECH RELEASES.. RELEASE CONTENT THAT WE ALL WANT AND NEED.

Take this game to a new level and create some damned game modes!

#2 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...eed-more-mechs/

blabla, same stuff, so on and so forth, etc.

Posted Image

#3 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 29 June 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...eed-more-mechs/

blabla, same stuff, so on and so forth, etc.

Good I'm glad more people agree.. every single person that agrees should start a new post about this.. it's really getting ridiculous.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 June 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#4 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

Huh, this again... guys animators and modelers don't make maps nor do they make game modes or CW. Those mech packs... they are the funding for what you are asking for.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 June 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Release some public maps and game modes soon because this is getting ridiculous. ENOUGH WITH THE NEW MECH RELEASES.. RELEASE CONTENT THAT WE ALL WANT AND NEED.

Take this game to a new level and create some damned game modes!

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 June 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Good I'm glad more people agree.. every single person that agrees should start a new post about this.. it's really getting ridiculous.

Tarogato replied best to these threads, so I'll just post his response.

View PostTarogato, on 16 June 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

People who work on mechs aren't necessarily equipped to work on things like "new player experience."

Every. Single. Patch. There's. Always. Somebody... that tries to blame the lack of development on the new mech production.

Yes, there's slow development, but it's not the mech-packs' fault.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 29 June 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:39 AM

To be fair, I can't win them all.

This fellow, (link to reddit thread), for instance is convinced that because Mike Forst is entering quirk values into an XML file twice a month, that it's taking away from his job as an IT admin (and thus possibly delaying regional server implementation) and is an example of PGI employing the wrong people for a task, and thus evidence that people who should be working on gameplay features are wasting their time developing mechs.

I can't win against that argument. It's one of those things, like religion, that you can't prove it's wrong. You can only prove that the evidence that supports it is circumstantial, which really proves nothing.

Edited by Tarogato, 30 June 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#7 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostChapeL, on 29 June 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Huh, this again... guys animators and modelers don't make maps nor do they make game modes or CW. Those mech packs... they are the funding for what you are asking for.

Thanks but what does that have to do with it? Put these mech designers on LAY OFF and HIRE more map/game mode designers. Am I the only one with any common sense here?

Besides, I'm NOT getting what I'm asking for!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#8 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:52 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 29 June 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Tarogato replied best to these threads, so I'll just post his response.

See above and wake up to real world of firings and lay-offs. It happens every day.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 04:57 AM.

#9 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

Thanks but what does that have to do with it? Put these mech designers on LAY OFF and HIRE more map/game mode designers. Am I the only one with any common sense here?

*shakes head and walks out* AYKM indeed.

#10 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 June 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

*shakes head and walks out* AYKM indeed.

Explain yourself. If you're going to bother posting, make it constructive and not infantile... unless ofcourse you are 10 than I apologize.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#11 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

If you're going to use common sense in an argument, you might want to use some of it yourself. That's a tip for any future discussion where you plan on using "common sense" without knowing what it means.

Now on to the topic of discussion:

Why would they lay off/fire any of the modelers? They are still producing content that the player base wants and likes. Or do you expect the modelers to go on vacation for 6+months while new content is being designed, not take any jobs, and come back to PGI once the new content is delivered?

I'd lop off my left arm if you thought even two steps ahead of what you were saying.

The better question is: Do you have any idea how the real world works? That post you made leaves little in the way of credibility of you knowing what you're talking about, or possessing any common sense.

EDIT: It also has EVERYTHING to do with it. You're here yelling, and screaming that we don't need more mechs (completely wrong on that front btw), and we need more content. Over the last 3548 threads started with a very similar title to this one, and literally the exact same post, almost verbatim, the "logic" of the OP always went in the direction of "Put these guys to work on new content/balance/CW/new game mods ... etc."

So most of us tried to head this off at the pass, so to speak. Unfortunately, we did not expect you to go the route of "fire them". Which is, and I'm going to use nice words here) plain bad, idiotic, and detrimental to the game in the long run.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 30 June 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#12 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

Explain yourself. If you're going to bother posting, make it constructive and not infantile... unless ofcourse you are 10 than I apologize.

Well my post was basically a very condensed version of this:

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 June 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

If you're going to use common sense in an argument, you might want to use some of it yourself. That's a tip for any future discussion where you plan on using "common sense" without knowing what it means.

Why would they lay off/fire any of the modelers? They are still producing content that the player base wants and likes. Or do you expect the modelers to go on vacation for 6+months while new content is being designed, not take any jobs, and come back to PGI once the new content is delivered?

I'd lop off my left arm if you thought even two steps ahead of what you were saying.

The better question is: Do you have any idea how the real world works? That post you made leaves little in the way of credibility of you knowing what you're talking about, or possessing any common sense.

EDIT: It also has EVERYTHING to do with it. You're here yelling, and screaming that we don't need more mechs (completely wrong on that front btw), and we need more content. Over the last 3548 threads started with a very similar title to this one, and literally the exact same post, almost verbatim, the "logic" of the OP always went in the direction of "Put these guys to work on new content/balance/CW/new game mods ... etc."

So most of us tried to head this off at the pass, so to speak. Unfortunately, we did not expect you to go the route of "fire them". Which is, and I'm going to use nice words here) plain bad, idiotic, and detrimental to the game in the long run.

If you had any common sense or even just some common decency (wich you obviously don't, suggesting PGI fire people willy-nilly), you'd have understood.
Thank *insert deity of choice here* there are people like IraqiWalker that can muster enough motivation to actually type all that stuff. It's sadly a wasted effort more often than not.

#13 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 June 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

There are obviously two different parties at this table. The side that can't get enough mech releases (gotta catch 'em all) and doesn't mind the obvious lather, rinse repeat aspect to this game... and the side that wants variety and stimulation to their gameplay. Neither side is wrong it's just that the rate of mech releases far outweighs content release. CW, as big as they make it seem, is only ONE GAME MODE. And when was the last public map release, over 6 months ago? Gimme a break. Just like you can't understand how my opinion, I can't even come close to understanding yours.

Neither of us is wrong, it's just a matter of opinion. My opinion stands, lay-off the goram mech designers and hire some top-notch map makers. If they release 5 new MAPS, the servers will OVER LOAD with playerbase! Tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#14 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:27 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 June 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Well my post was basically a very condensed version of this:
If you had any common sense or even just some common decency (wich you obviously don't, suggesting PGI fire people willy-nilly), you'd have understood.
Thank *insert deity of choice here* there are people like IraqiWalker that can muster enough motivation to actually type all that stuff. It's sadly a wasted effort more often than not.

So you don't understand what lay-off means? Talk about wasting my time..

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:27 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

There are obviously two different parties at this table. The side that can't get enough mech releases (gotta catch 'em all) and doesn't mind the obvious lather, rinse repeat aspect to this game... and the side that wants variety and stimulation to their gameplay. Neither side is wrong it's just that the rate of mech releases far outweighs content release. CW, as big as they make it seem, is only ONE GAME MODE. And when was the last public map release, 6 months ago? Gimme a break. Just like you can't understand how my opinion, I can't even come close to understanding yours.

Neither of us is wrong, it's just a matter of opinion. My opinion stands, lay-off the goram mech designers and hire some top-notch map makers. If they release 5 new mechs, the servers will OVER LOAD with playerbase! Tell me I'm wrong.

Drop the "opinion" argument. Your portrayal of the "parties" here is completely wrong. We're not saying we don't want new content. Hell, some of us definitely want it more than you do, and more than you can think. We're just saying your approach, and your idea are the wrong way to do things.

In addition, I completely understand your opinion, more than you'd think. It's been put on these forums in so many ways before, and I agree with parts of it. However, your idea, and approach are wrong. No one here is disputing that we need more content. Go ahead, and read through our posts. Tell me: Which one of us said we had more than enough content, or new content is unnecessary?

What we're disagreeing with, is the means by which to achieve that goal. Your approach is detrimental to the game. Pure and simple.

#16 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 June 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

Drop the "opinion" argument. Your portrayal of the "parties" here is completely wrong. We're not saying we don't want new content. Hell, some of us definitely want it more than you do, and more than you can think. We're just saying your approach, and your idea are the wrong way to do things.

In addition, I completely understand your opinion, more than you'd think. It's been put on these forums in so many ways before, and I agree with parts of it. However, your idea, and approach are wrong. No one here is disputing that we need more content. Go ahead, and read through our posts. Tell me: Which one of us said we had more than enough content, or new content is unnecessary?

What we're disagreeing with, is the means by which to achieve that goal. Your approach is detrimental to the game. Pure and simple.

Not releasing content is detrimental to the game. I've lost too many good friends/players because this game is going stale and starting to rot to the core. Instead of harping on how wrong my approach is, provide some suggestions of your own.

Looking at the number of posts you and iron have, you have too much time and money invested and PGI can do no wrong in your eyes.. you guys will likely never leave this game.. others are.. believe me.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#17 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Not releasing content is detrimental to the game. I've lost too many good friends/players because this game is going stale and starting to rot to the core. Instead of harping on how wrong my approach is, provide some suggestions of your own.

Looking at the number of posts you and iron have, you have too much time and money invested and PGI can do no wrong in your eyes.. you guys will likely never leave this game.. others are.. believe me.

I have invested all of maybe 200 300 dollars over the past 2+ years. I highly doubt that puts me in the "invested too much to quit" category. Especially since I already posted in another thread that if I see this game going down the drain, I'm packing up and leaving. I've also filled these forums with posts about how PGI is doing things wrong, and how a different approach could have solved the problem (and I provided alternatives in those arguments).

In this case, there is on alternative: Hire more competent people. Which they have a hard time doing, because they are a small studio, and design teams aren't exactly all over the market. However, that is the right approach to helping this game. Not shrinking the already taxed crew with more responsibilities.

EDIT2: Also, never use the post number in an argument. It makes your statements weaker. Does your post count mean you're less invested in the game, or not at all, and thus your opinion is invalid?

Edited by IraqiWalker, 30 June 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#18 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 June 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

I have invested all of maybe 200 dollars over the past 2+ years. I highly doubt that puts me in the "invested too much to quit" category. Especially since I already posted in another thread that if I see this game going down the drain, I'm packing up and leaving. I've also filled these forums with posts about how PGI is doing things wrong, and how a different approach could have solved the problem (and I provided alternatives in those arguments).

In this case, there is on alternative: Hire more competent people. Which they have a hard time doing, because they are a small studio, and design teams aren't exactly all over the market. However, that is the right approach to helping this game. Not shrinking the already taxed crew with more responsibilities.

Time is as valuable as money.. you aren't leaving bro.. you have 2000 posts, you obviously love this game. I do too but I'm not suggesting shrinking the crew, I'm suggesting swapping crew-mates and shifting priorities temporarily to another aspect of the game. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 June 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Time is as valuable as money.. you aren't leaving bro.. you have 2000 posts, you obviously love this game. I do too but I'm not suggesting shrinking the crew, I'm suggesting shifting priorities temporarily to another aspect of the game by swapping 'crew-mates.' Why is this so difficult to understand?

7000 posts (I get a lot of free time where I can be on the forums, but not be able to log into the game. Plus, I enjoy the forums. Lots of fun people here).

Also, I edited my post. So feel free to edit this one to accommodate your full reply, and we'll move on with the discussion.

#20 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 June 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

7000 posts (I get a lot of free time where I can be on the forums, but not be able to log into the game. Plus, I enjoy the forums. Lots of fun people here).

Also, I edited my post. So feel free to edit this one to accommodate your full reply, and we'll move on with the discussion.

This game can be so epic, it's being held back because too many resources are being put toward mech releases. They need to begin by releasing 5 new maps then 2 game modes.. the players will be coming back in droves and PGI will have more than enough money to do what they want with.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 June 2015 - 06:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users