Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:39 AM

Clan: Stormcrow IS: Blackjack 1X ;)

#42 Coolcat33333

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for all your help guys, I went with the stormcrows and am currently running SRM6s

#43 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:00 AM

I'm surprised the Wolverin wasn't mentioned so far.
The 6 R Wolverin can be a nightmare of Dakka with 2 AC at 40% faster fireing speed without module.
Perfect for phase two in CW.
The 7 K with 3 medium pulse and 3 ASRM 6.
A cool running hardhitting brawler.
Both mechs are jumpcapable and in their movement and hip stability makes them far more nimble than shadowhawk.
( Can't help those shadows do have a wobbly, cranky feeling to their hip and torso turn performance )
Sure you cant hillhump ( since his unit told him he should go medium I assume he will do CW where hillhumping isn't a valid strat at all ) but you got a tough mech with a lot of firepower that is moving at acceptable speed and is without the downsides of Hunch, and Shadowhawk ( limited field of vision cause of their guns ) don't know how many shadows and hunches I saw getting obliterated by an ECM shielded mech on their blind side.

WVR-7K
WVR-6R if you don't deem JJ as essential dump them and get 280ish Reaktor for more speed
I clearly state that the 6K isn't a very competitive mech due to its lack of hardpoints but for leveling purposes: WVR-6K
You also can remove the SRM if you don't like backup weapons and add a 3rd large Laser oder simply add a 3rd med and additional heatsinks.

Main advantages of the wolverine is its a stable firing platform in addition to its comparable low profile it is often ignored.
Especially the 7k can be very dangerous if it gets near you. The 6R can fire its whole load of 120 rounds in under 1 min if fired dual or in just over a minute if you do chainfire. Thats a lot of screenshake and dakka.

#44 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostThrudvangar, on 30 June 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Shadowhawk or Griffin!

Shadowhawk if you prefer a bit more Autocannons, Griffin for more Energy (PPC).

i started playing with a Shadowhawk and never regret it! Still one of my favorites mechs.
Shadowhawk can mount energy too. 2K variant has max jumpjet capacity and its shoulder cannon is a PPC rather than an AC.

View PostCoolcat33333, on 29 June 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hey guys, all I have are Heavies and Assaults, and my unit is telling me I need to start trying mediums.

What's a good first medium, I don't care if it is clan or IS. If it matters I prefer firepower over speed.
In reply to OP:If you prefer firepower over speed, don't choose the Shadowhawk. The Shadowhawk is the most agile mech for its weight, able to comfortably house a 300+ XL engine, tons of jumpjets and quirks that increase its turn and torso twist rate.If you want firepower on your medium, get a Blackjack, Hunchback or Stormcrow.

Edited by Top Leliel, 18 July 2015 - 08:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users