Ilc Engine, Ff, Es Changing Allowed?

63 replies to this topic

#1 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

Not sure if I missed it or am just blind, but has there been any official word on if the IIC mechs will be allowed to alter their engines, or add/remove ES and FF? I didn't see anything on the Origins page or FAQ that suggested one way or the other. Thanks in advance.

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 30 June 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

They're not omnimechs, so they should (unfortunately) follow the IS customization format.

Fully customizable with clan tech. I see NOTHING wrong with that balance wise....

#3 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 June 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

They're not omnimechs, so they should (unfortunately) follow the IS customization format.

Fully customizable with clan tech. I see NOTHING wrong with that balance wise....

But that's conjecture, right? I mean the theory is there "they're not omni" but this is PGI land (Core Rule Ignore)... Clan = OP, and half of the balance came from Clan not being able to alter their mechs like IS mechs.

So shouldn't people be asking these questions?

If they're going to treat them like omnimechs (locked engines, FF, ES) because clantech = OP

OR

If they're going to be able to change in/out parts (unlocked engines, FF, ES) then how HARD are these mechs going to be quirked into the ground, because, balance?

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 30 June 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#4 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

Most Good.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

A little bit of power creep never hurt anyone.

Posted Image

#6 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 June 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

A little bit of power creep never hurt anyone.

Posted Image

What'd be even more hilarious is for people to dump money on the P2W assumption that they can change all of this stuff out, then be told on delivery day "No silly, you can't do that because its Clan too overpowered, obviously!"

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 30 June 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 30 June 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

But that's conjecture, right? I mean the theory is there "they're not omni" but this is PGI land (Core Rule Ignore)... Clan = OP, and half of the balance came from Clan not being able to alter their mechs like IS mechs.

So shouldn't people be asking these questions?

If they're going to treat them like omnimechs (locked engines, FF, ES) because clantech = OP

OR

If they're going to be able to change in/out parts (unlocked engines, FF, ES) then how HARD are these mechs going to be quirked into the ground, because, balance?

Russ said on the Town Hall that they could change things, and the max engine cap and JJ Max count that isn't stock in the Sale page seem to suggest that they can change those too.

As BattleMechs, they should work just like IS robots. With Clam tech.

The fact they also went and doubled the hardpoint count on half of them makes you think they just went ahead and powercreeped ahead...they'll be something to restrict them at some point (there has to be), but nothing announced as of yet.

Edited by Mcgral18, 30 June 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#8 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

According to the townhall they should have IS level customization... but they made sure to actually include a disclaimer on the store page for the pack that they're subject to balance change so who knows...

#9 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

I doubt they will get access to Clan-XL, Clan FF and Clan ES.

#10 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

View Postxe N on, on 30 June 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

I doubt they will get access to Clan-XL, Clan FF and Clan ES.

Most of the IIC variants come with those stock...

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 June 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#11 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

What the hell did everyone expect when IIC mechs came out? Seriously. It's not like the timeline is shrouded in mystery (arguable with PGI, but still, we know it's progressing and new things will continue to come out), yet the second anything new might show up everyone is screaming about power creep.

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

There is one downside to the IIC models, they are for Free births and old/frail MechWarrior who would rather die in combat than live out a life of shame in "retirement". Oh, and also captured IS pilots who have been through the "Re-Education" camps and are now mindlessly carrying out garrison duty.

All this means is while you pilot a IIC, the Keshik will continuously tell you how worthless you are and how your mere existence brings shame upon your Clan.

It might get a bit grating after a while.

#13 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

I think it's fair to officially change MWO "powercreep" to full on "powersprint" if these IIC 'mechs indeed will come with full IS-style customization.

I mean, hell. The reason they made Omnimechs limited in customization was because they'd be blatantly OP otherwise - even though by BT lore one of the main things that made Omnimechs so successful was their ease of customization as compared to Battlemechs (which were hard to customize - hence the proliferation of generalist builds in the IS).

MWO just got that part bass-ackwards.

#14 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 June 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

There is one downside to the IIC models, they are for Free births and old/frail MechWarrior who would rather die in combat than live out a life of shame in "retirement". Oh, and also captured IS pilots who have been through the "Re-Education" camps and are now mindlessly carrying out garrison duty.

All this means is while you pilot a IIC, the Keshik will continuously tell you how worthless you are and how your mere existence brings shame upon your Clan.

pgi should make such a warhorn and give it stapled to each iic mech
when you kill an enemy mech it tells you how you are worthless, your existence brings the shame to your clan and a real clan warrior would take that kill better (:

#15 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 30 June 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

pgi should make such a warhorn and give it stapled to each iic mech
when you kill an enemy mech it tells you how you are worthless, your existence brings the shame to your clan and a real clan warrior would take that kill better (:

Posted Image
Hearing a voice on the speakers shout something like that.
Actually, i wouldn't mind that.

I may have or not watched Mad Max multiple times.
It's a great bloody movie, anyone who hasn't watched it are missing out.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 June 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#16 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 June 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Posted Image
Hearing a voice on the speakers shout something like that.
Actually, i wouldn't mind that.

I may have or not watched Mad Max multiple times.
It's a great bloody movie, anyone who hasn't watched it are missing out.

Posted Image

I may or may not have watched Mad Max this last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...

It is indeed a great bloody movie.

Edit: In fact, I think I'll go watch it one more time now :)

Edited by stjobe, 30 June 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#17 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Russ said in the recent interview they would function in Mech Lab just like any standard Battlemech. Sounds like that means yes you can change anything and the armor and internal criticals will be dynamic as well.

#18 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

short answer; Yes it can all be changeable but no pods.

#19 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

We know for sure engines can be swapped out. B/c on the website the mechs have different max engine values. (same max engine as their IS counterparts except jenner)

#20 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 June 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

Sorry mate, immersion and RP was ruined the moment Magical Quirks were introduced. Otherwise I'd imagine the immersion would have to go something like this...

"ILKHAN! Our mechs are TOO hella-sweet and uber-powerful, they are laying waste to the IS barbarians!
OH DAMN, SON! Can't have that now, can we? Hinder and hobble our best mechs! That holy trinity crap needs ta go, with a quickness! While we're at it, crank up the heat output, and tone down that damage! We spent hundreds of years preparing to take back Terra and perfecting our technology! However, WE MUST make this war fair!" ~The Remembrance, Passage 101, Verse 42, Lines 66-69

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users