Current Community Warfare Event; Will This Be An Is Stomp?

Balance

59 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

So I am actually pretty pleased with the current event that is taking place and seeing lots of people playing CW. But has anyone noticed that a certain clan wolf unit has nearly doubled the second placed clan unit and nearly quadrupeled the 1st place IS unit.

I was reading a thread that indicated from some players that they "couldn't get people onto CW" and "that we only have around 12 active players at a time" and that "we rearely field 12 man teams during non-CW events." I understand it is an event so unit populations have come out in force, but really that is an enourmous discrepancy.

Talk about a balance of power issue in CW. Anyone think they will be beaten out for 1st place in everything?

Also I hope IS isn't stopmed too badly. Because if they are again (like the battle of tukayyid) I doubt anyone would play for IS (other than loyalist units) in the next tournament.

Edited by Soulstrom, 01 July 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#2 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

Is this the third thread today opened by a Clanner who appears to have realized that the IS quitting in frustration (because they are tired of playing the supposed to lose side) will leave him with no opponents in the long run?

It's a late realization, but you are still ahead of PGI...

#3 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 01 July 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

Is this the third thread today opened by a Clanner who appears to have realized that the IS quitting in frustration (because they are tired of playing the supposed to lose side) will leave him with no opponents in the long run?

It's a late realization, but you are still ahead of PGI...

Actually we are a fluid reinforcement unit that votes on our CW contract with the idea of reinforcing IS House's or Clans in need. We fought for FRR for a long time (before the map reset); so not a new revalaiton but more of it becoming glaringly apparent with this event.

#4 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:46 AM

I'm sorry but the idea that Smoke Jaguars were the faction most in need of you is laughable.

#5 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

Kind of looks and feels pointless when so many players are focused in big units just rolling over smaller ones.

#6 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostRahul Roy, on 01 July 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry but the idea that Smoke Jaguars were the faction most in need of you is laughable.

I said we vote on our CW contracts. Technically Clan Ghost Bear was the one in the need of most help, but they lost by a single vote.

#7 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

All I can say is that Tukayyd event was much more interesting because we managed to meet at least one IS premade every 3-4 matches.

Today it's been a pretty boring pug stomp every match.

Please IS teams... drop!

#8 Aeolus Drift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 01 July 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

All I can say is that Tukayyd event was much more interesting because we managed to meet at least one IS premade every 3-4 matches.

Today it's been a pretty boring pug stomp every match.

Please IS teams... drop!

Nah we had our fill of getting our **** kicked in by mercstar thank you.

#9 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Events over anyway for the clans....MS has the top spot due to size and there are few units within the clans the rival them numbers wise.

So i will be playing something different until this challenge is over.

Thanks PGI for thinking this one through....

#10 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

Maybe even a CW-focused Event might not be enough to persuade people to play CW. To quote Honest Abe:

"You can fool some of the people all the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time"

Posted Image

#11 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostInterceptor12, on 01 July 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Nah we had our fill of getting our **** kicked in by mercstar thank you.

Mercstar is beatable. The solos/pugs and struggling units just have to bring stuff that is remotely considered meta, shoot straight, and even start forming units which plan out dropdecks beforehand.

Posted Image

Edited by Kin3ticX, 01 July 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 01 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Mercstar is beatable. The solos/pugs and struggling units just have to bring stuff that is remotely considered meta, shoot straight, and even start forming units which plan out dropdecks beforehand.

Posted Image

No one said they are unbeatable in a match, its the fact that they are over 450 points ahead of the 2nd place units already and almost 1,000 above most others.

This event should have just been a Largest unit giveaway and i would have had more fun this weekend playing this game.

#13 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 01 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Not saying the -MS- isn't beatable (clearly the one pug was thier downfall), but it would be great to see some screen-shots of them losing matches this event; if that is possible.

Edited by Soulstrom, 01 July 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#14 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

For a few of the past events PGI extended the event due to popular demand - I wonder if they would consider shortening this one. ;)

#15 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

MS even the top tier players can be beaten. But as others have pointed out WHY have a contest where the outcome was already determined. PGI might has well have said ok all unit please line largest to smallest and we will give out prizes. Oh and you guys in the back sorry you will get nothing because we only have enough cookies for the guys in front.

There is always the personal challenge but unless someone comes up with a way to get my 4 hula girls to twerk it on my 5SS cockpit meh

#16 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

12 vs 12.
So it doesn't matter the team members of a unit.
I don't care that much for our score.

I could not fight vs other teams untill now, but only 12 pugs, which is boring and not changeling.

There are IS team for sure, so I hope they want to fight. Why not?
Every match is 12vs12, guys!

#17 MandyB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

I ran with MS last night, we lost to NS like 4 or 5 times.

#18 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostMandyB, on 01 July 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

I ran with MS last night, we lost to NS like 4 or 5 times.

I think that's another point that irritates people. MS is so big that they could lose every match and still be ahead in points when all is said and done.

Edited by Flutterguy, 01 July 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Let's be fair, it's Clan/House Mercstar that'll win #1, regardless of faction or Clan/IS.

The question is why has the game ultimately distilled so much in CW.

Hint: The answer is PGI.

The stomping will be done by clans, according to how they are ranked:
#1 Wolf - Because Mercstar.
#2 Jade Falcon - Most consistently active front
#3 Smoke Jaguar - Have you guys seen House Kurita lately due to sheer boredom? Unfortunately...
#4 Ghost Bear - Do you guys play CW anymore? (took a contract at one point and they were virtually non-existant)

Also, you can kinda tell from one-day of leaderboards how CW is fairing across the IS (it's kinda irrelevant for those that don't have a Clan border, except Davion... who has been finding out reality of a Clan border).

#20 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

The scoring isn't calculated in a way that balances unit sizes. With some preplanning PGI could have implemented a more fair scoring system, but the way it is now supports the argument to limit unit sizes. It supports the argument so well in fact, I'd dare say this event was intended to provide a supporting argument. With the timing and all being right after it was discussed.

I hope the Unit Dog Tags have the faction prominently displayed on them. Faction pride!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users