What Exactly Is Going On With The Clans Right Now?

51 replies to this topic

#1 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

So, my last contract ran up IS, and I'm looking to go clan for this next contract term... Since I can't play as the Nova Cats, my next favorite clan being Ghost Bear, I looked over at the map to see how good ol GB was fairing.

WTF is going on within clan space right now? CGB has practically no terrority... Their primary enemy right now seems to be Wolf, which just seems odd to me.

Did something happen? Was a treaty broken or something. I'm seriously confused as to what's been going on with everything, anyone got any answers?

#2 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Population + Activity levels is whats going on.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

MercWarrior Online, and Community Tag the planet Warfare does not interest CGBI currently. We see little point in chasing planets with no value, and that Mercenaries are the ones who run the game, not the loyalist. Until there is more content in CW, CGBI is mostly looking at it as training grounds and a fun place to drop on occasion, but we do not consider Beta 2 worth fighting for atm.

As for other CGB units, no idea.

#4 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Some are recruiting and training scrubs only. Like this..

#5 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

The set up of the game is just frustrating. There are Merc groups in CSJ space trying to convince people to attack CGB. They only care about the competition and not about respecting non-aggression packs. If you explain you aren't into attacking Clans you get attacked and derided for acting in what you believe is a respectful and thoughtful manner.

PGI, Please reconsider how you have the game set up.

Why not have several clan factions, and their loyalists. Then have IS and Mercs. Have it so that Mercs can float around IS, and the Clan loyalist (but not proper factions) and then identify points via whomever people align with. The loyalists get big perks, the Mercs get performance perks, and the Clan loyalists get very little by the way of perks. This would hopefully push people into the loyalist groups for clans, and distribute those amongst the mercs.

(Sorry that might not have been clear, I'm tired). In any case, PGI please DO SOMETHING. It's amazing this isn't talked about or on the agenda.

#6 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 01 July 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

The set up of the game is just frustrating. There are Merc groups in CSJ space trying to convince people to attack CGB. They only care about the competition and not about respecting non-aggression packs. If you explain you aren't into attacking Clans you get attacked and derided for acting in what you believe is a respectful and thoughtful manner.

Why not have several clan factions, and their loyalists. Then have IS and Mercs. Have it so that Mercs can float around IS, and the Clan loyalist (but not proper factions) and then identify points via whomever people align with. The loyalists get big perks, the Mercs get performance perks, and the Clan loyalists get very little by the way of perks. This would hopefully push people into the loyalist groups for clans, and distribute those amongst the mercs.

(Sorry that might not have been clear, I'm tired). In any case, PGI please DO SOMETHING. It's amazing this isn't talked about or on the agenda.

Non-aggression pacts? What the hell did you people do to the Smoke Jaguars?

#7 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

@Daisu. You missed that CGB was under attack a lot of time and never realy did something against it. Now we have a tournament running. So do you realy understand the nature of the Clans?

#8 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

Flash Frame, we aren't attacking Ghost Bear. If you're looking at Outpost or whatever, Clan Wolf starts with that system.

#9 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Its been talked about....until i and many other are blue in the face.

PGI moves at the speed of smell...its will take them 3 months to figure out what is wrong (even though we are screaming the answers at them) and then they will try to do some dumb fixes for half a year while running off any players left.

This mode is dying on the vine and PGI seems to not care one bit, im pretty sure they set CW up to fail so that they could say "hey we tried but it didn't work, back to arena mech shooter full time, sorry guys and gals"

#10 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

Clan wars wave 3 is "promised" to fix merc's from breaking packs as only loyal units get to vote on the one planet you want to attack. We get no say, which is fine by me I am just here for the Cbills.

Edited by Knight2416, 02 July 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#11 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostFlutterguy, on 01 July 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Non-aggression pacts? What the hell did you people do to the Smoke Jaguars?

Nothing. In the lore there were NAPs during the invasion. Each Clan was to stick to their assigned invasion corridor & not go after territory delegated to a particular Clan. The only real disputes were between Wolf & Ghost Bear for Rasalhague which ended up being bid on so no fighting took place between the two Clans & after Ulric was voted ilKhan, when he put the Vipers with the Falcons & the Cats with the Jaguars & even then those were just Trials of Possession for worlds which would have been expected.

Our goal is the conquest of the Inner Sphere, thanks for trying to derail us. Buh bye.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 03 July 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#12 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

I cannot speak for the other bears but personally I became burned out from CW phase 1, like most will tell you, there is not much point to CW at the moment, especially since we know it will be reset and we will have to start over again. Right now it is just more fun to drop together in normal queue.

#13 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

There are no bonuses for holding planets other than having your name on them for clanners that is not worth it, if maybe we got cbill generation from capture planets on our factions side it would work better maybe , Of course to even this out the penalties for cutting contracts would need to be increased to stop people from jumping to the side that has the most planets if this were to be done, but generally speaking Planet jumping warfare is not worth it.

#14 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

the merc unit is BSK. They gave no thoughts about honor and contracts with Clan GB. They stay here only for the Event and dont listen to all true jags Units. At the end of the Event they will leave for sure.

Can we agree we allhate mercs and no jag want to help these guys?

Edited by Memnon Valerius Thrax, 03 July 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#15 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostAngel Devereaux, on 03 July 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

I cannot speak for the other bears but personally I became burned out from CW phase 1, like most will tell you, there is not much point to CW at the moment, especially since we know it will be reset and we will have to start over again. Right now it is just more fun to drop together in normal queue.

Before I get to the quote above, I went purple bird to play with some friends while I sort out the clan situation.

Thank you everyone for your replies to this thread by the way, I'm glad to hear from the various clans and get an idea of what's been going on. I can understand the frustration with how PGI has handled CW, as a vet player from the Xbox 360 game Chromehounds, which the only reason to play that game was to play a somewhat smaller scale Community Warfare [there were only 3 factions, and much less territory to take].

Now on to Angel's quote.

Again, I can completely understand the frustration with the CW reset's... but there's only really one way to handle CW, and that's a reset at the end of the war.

The problem is how PGI has settled on handling this. Now, as my prior connection to a game that functioned even close to MWO's cw mode was Chromehounds, I'll lay out how they handled it.

In Chromehounds, you had 3 nations you could ally with. You were a merc under these nations, and were given access to equipment that was nation specific. You fought for terrority on the various fronts, until your nation took over another nation's capital, or your capital was taken. you HAD to stick with a nation until you won, or your nation fell.

In the event your capital was taken, you could move to another nation for the remainder of the war, or stay as a rebel, and attempt to retake your home capital.

I think that this, is the best way that PGI could actually handle the CW mode. At the beginning of each CW term, you have to ally yourself with a specific house or clan. Homeworlds should NOT be locked, and if a nation looses it's homeworld, the rebel's must either retake it, or the decision to move on should be made.

The game is over when 1: An IS house control's all other IS House Capitals. Or 2: The Clans push to Terra. This gives 2 distinct end-game scenario's... and allows the war to wage 24/7 without interruptions. It also makes it so that there is encouraged IS v IS play. As the infighting didn't just come to a stop because of the clans [as there was constant warfare going on still yet.]

The point of CW will always be the chance to say that your unit was the one to clutch a crucial victory at a specific point. That's all it should be frankly. BUT you should have much more incentive to fight over planets.

The other issue with CW on the whole, is logistics and equipment not really being a concern. If CW is ment to be the hardcore mode, where's Repair/rearm? Where's logistics, where's planets mattering? Reduced prices for mechs while allied to a specific house?

Further more, there could be further limitations, or incentives... Perhaps as an IS player, you are restricted early on in your military carrer to stock mechs, as you rise through the ranks in your faction, you get the option to utilize your own custom's.

Things like this, should have been considered ages ago, yet we're just sitting here battling over a halfassed leaderboard that has no real impact in any way, CW's economy should be seperate from the PUG que, outside of mechpack mechs, you should have a completely seperate mechbay to the PUG side of things. CW should practically be it's own game.

But it's not. Do I like the maps? For the most part. the mode itself is the most battletech feeling thing in the game outside of the mech designs... but I will agree with you guys, it just doesn't feel like there's enough reason to play. And that sucks.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

Why do we need resets? Why "the game is over" when a faction achieves a objective? I want to see what happens after a Clan takes Terra, i want CW to feel like a never ending immersive universe, not a football season...

#17 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

The Merc Unit which is trying to convince people to break that non-aggression-pack is BSK <--- cause they just give a **** about politics!

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Why do we need resets? Why "the game is over" when a faction achieves a objective? I want to see what happens after a Clan takes Terra, i want CW to feel like a never ending immersive universe, not a football season...

And i just want to see -MS- broken down and splitted up into serveral Units! Obviously some of them then are good ones, but the majority of them then just will be crap !!!

#18 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 01 July 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

@Daisu. You missed that CGB was under attack a lot of time and never realy did something against it. Now we have a tournament running. So do you realy understand the nature of the Clans?

Hey Marc... So you are just because of this tournament in that BSK Unit ( Which is breaking lore and non-aggression-pack) and after the Events you aren´t BSK... so how could u tell understanding the real nature of clans? pfff...

#19 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Because if there's no end game, then all the other factions feel left out.

There has to be a continual flow. The point of the game is to win each "War" each war, is a war for Terra, or to unite the inner sphere.

If say, the clans play to terra, then we just let things go, well then FRR sits there with it's entire nation destroyed [meaning no one will EVER play FRR because screw it.] And the clans simply expand out until there is no IS, there's just clan held terrorty.

The Clans entire modius operendi, is to capture Terra, that is the end game goal for the Clans, because once Terra is taken, then they will hold the seat of power for the entirety of the IS. They will have achieved their initial goal.

In time, that could be expanded on, but as the game sits right now, the clan's goal should be nothing beyond the capturing and control of terra... let the clans take terra, and then they have to hold it for x amount of time, then they win.

#20 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

Trial of Possession?

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 03 July 2015 - 08:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users