What Exactly Is Going On With The Clans Right Now?

51 replies to this topic

#41 Heckbird

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostAlec Braca, on 03 July 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Yeah! You're right big guy! I have not watched the blogs but since you have what did they say IRT this?

In the townhall they talked a lot about the upcoming differences between loyalist and merc units. Here's a link to check out the show notes, but I'll say some of the bigger news.
http://mwomercs.com/...-625-done-live/
  • Firstly theres only going to be 3 contract types: Mercs, Loyalists, and Lone Wolfs. Merc contracts go 7 days and are unbreakable and Loyalist contracts are indefinate but have a 7 day cooldown time.
  • Loyalist units will use their coffers to give c-bill rewards for Mercs joining their faction and coffers can be used by any unit to increase the number of ticks on a planet that is tagged by that unit.
  • It also sounds like based on the show notes each faction will only have 1 attack front to another faction and the Loyalist units will decide what that faction is, but I'm not exactly sure if there's just going to be 1 attacking border or Loyalists will just decide what planets to attack. It's not exactly clear.
  • And finally there will be new scouting missions that will go alongside the regular invasion missions that will allow bonuses for the invasion missions if the scouting missions are successful (Drop ship scans, radar sweep, long toms, etc.).

This and more are all set to drop in October and looks to give a lot more benefit to being a loyalist unit.

Edited by Heckbird, 04 July 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#42 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update heckbird.

Edited by Daisu Saikoro, 04 July 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#43 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

View Postdezgra, on 03 July 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

The Clans are fine. The only issue is that the "TECHS" are fat and happy. We must wait for the Injection of a little "Cobra" DNA.

Cloud Cobra?

#44 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Thank you for the update! I and I'm sure many other people appreciate the time to write that. Sounds like some good ideas to me.

#45 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 July 2015 - 05:15 AM, said:

Well, it seems to me that this is what is happening right now, i admit it. The problem is always the same, too few Loyalists compared to mercs. I heard more incentives for Loyalists are on their way luckily.

Really? You think mercs make too much difference now. Try putting them all in one faction for a couple months and see how much progress they make then. Forcing mercs to be more "loyalists" by making them take longer contracts only would accomplish them creating super factions that will gobble every other faction up kinda like what MS is doing for Clan Wolf right now. The benefit of Merc "loyalty hopping" is that they are free to reinforce weaker factions and help support them.

Edited by DemonicD3, 06 July 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#46 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 01 July 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Some are recruiting and training scrubs only. Like this..

Oh... how I wish MWO to have some day anything like that...
(a real training course/tutorial, teaching how to move, the basic commands and how to use your weapons and fight)

#47 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 01 July 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

So, my last contract ran up IS, and I'm looking to go clan for this next contract term... Since I can't play as the Nova Cats, my next favorite clan being Ghost Bear, I looked over at the map to see how good ol GB was fairing.

WTF is going on within clan space right now? CGB has practically no terrority... Their primary enemy right now seems to be Wolf, which just seems odd to me.

Did something happen? Was a treaty broken or something. I'm seriously confused as to what's been going on with everything, anyone got any answers?

More accurate to ask what is going on with PGI. It's their jacked up example of a game.

#48 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Random note:

There are no merc units, only faction jumping units, and loyalists (perma contracters).

#49 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

mwomercs just redirects to mwoloyalists

#50 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 02 July 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Its been talked about....until i and many other are blue in the face.

PGI moves at the speed of smell...its will take them 3 months to figure out what is wrong (even though we are screaming the answers at them) and then they will try to do some dumb fixes for half a year while running off any players left.

This mode is dying on the vine and PGI seems to not care one bit, im pretty sure they set CW up to fail so that they could say "hey we tried but it didn't work, back to arena mech shooter full time, sorry guys and gals"

damn you Darth, you made me have to log in so i could +1 that comment

#51 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 06 July 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

More accurate to ask what is going on with PGI. It's their jacked up example of a game.

Been here since second wave of closed beta invites, before you could buy your way in, or the accidental mass invite... I'm well aware of what's been going on, no need to get snarky about PGI.

#52 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 07 July 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Been here since second wave of closed beta invites, before you could buy your way in, or the accidental mass invite... I'm well aware of what's been going on, no need to get snarky about PGI.

Snarky? I was being overly polite about PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users