Mech Select Menu Select/save Button Behavior

1 reply to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

Hello, first let me say that i apreciate the effort PGI takes to impriove the UI.

Now to the cause: The Mech Select Menu has a weird behavior.
When i use the Mech Select Menu from the "Home" Screen of the Mechlab it displays the lower right blue "Save" Button to select a Mech.
If a Mech is not ready you can not save it and you are unable to select that Mech.

When i use the "Mechlab" Screen of the Mechlab the Mech Select Menu displays the "Select" Button and i can select "unready" Mechs and wok on them.

Imho this is very confusing and should be changed so i can allways select a Mech.
The "Save" Button should be specifically be used to save a Mech in the Mechlab after you changed somethin.

Aside of that the Goal of improvement should be to reduce Mouseclicks and therefore i liked the old MecSelect Screen better - i took less clicks to chose Mechs and was more immersive in representing a Mech-Garage than the new cataloguelike Menu, that is very non-immersive.

TLDR:
Change the Save and Select Button of the "Mech Select Menu".
Bring back the immersive Mech-Garage and make it use less Mouseclicks to navigate.

Pretty Please :)

Thx!

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 July 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

There is already a massive change to the "select mech" screen planned for July, I believe.

I found this strange as well. I think the intention for the current setup was to prevent you from selecting an invalid mech and trying to join a match with it. The mechlab must allow you to select an invalid mech, so you can update the loadout and make it valid again. Otherwise you'd have a broken mech you can never use again.

TL;DR - Slightly confusing, but deliberate and already being worked on for an upcoming patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users