Arkab Legions - Recruiting For Operation Hardcore Now!

10 replies to this topic

#1 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Greetings mechwarriors! Arkab Legions is now looking for recruits to join the fight during operation hardcore! We are a House Kurita unit, run nightly groups with teamspeak, and we have everyone from seasoned vets, to brand new players all ready to fight! We also offer weekly training, private events, and much more! Come check us out on arkablegions.com or find us on our teamspeak server @ ts3.arkablegions.com

Good luck on the battle field!

#2 Hashmonk

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

I've been playing MWO, with a couple of short breaks, for right around two years-ish. I joined a unit a few months back but didn't stay very long because of all the drama and ego games. Now yes, you're going to find that pretty much every where but to what extreme is really the question. Because of this I was very reluctant to join another unit. I have only been with Arkab for a few days now, very short I know. But there has been no needless crap thus far. These guys leave the drama and ego at the door before they login. And helpful as can be, from builds, drop deck loadouts, tactics and everything in between. It's nice, stupid awesome actually, to be part of a unit that can go against an MS twelve man and make them work for the win. Did we win, no. Did we get rolled, nope. But above that, we had fun, laughed at the end and then jumped right back in CW queue. Best group of relaxed yet skilled pilots I have come across. Come do some drops with us, see what you think. o7

#3 Lictor

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

love these guys, some of the most down to earth no BS but fun to hang out with dudes I've ever met, no requirements to be online, real life comes first, and other than special events like this, no pressure to play. (and even the pressure is more along the line of. . . if we see you online in MWO we're sending you a CW Group Invite. . pleas play if you want to)

#4 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

we should mention that we are located in the cw room on ts, users without guest tag may not be able to see users in other rooms, so just hop on down to cw room and say hey!

#5 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

ARKB, despite being freebirth scum, are a well respected foe of mine. Anyone looking for an IS unit should definitely consider joining them. Just note that they are OBSESSIVE about defending Arkab even though it is a pitiful rock.

#6 Axefan

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

I've been with Arkab for a little over a year now, and I feel lucky to have found them before joining another unit. I hear all these stories about egos, arguments, and problems in other units, but I am fortunate that I've never really experienced these issues personally.

Arkab is a truly excellent unit! Not because we win every match, but because we have fun playing every match. The leaders are online and listen. They train and promote often. They organize groups and play CW often, but don’t belittle you when you can’t join a match. “Life comes first” and “catch ya next time” are often heard phrases in Arkab.

Come check it out. Drop with us a few times as a guest if you’re not sure. Our server is always open to friends. If you like it, stick around – if not no worries. Bottom line – If you’re looking for a great bunch of people, and you’re ready to have fun, then you might have found your unit in Arkab!

#7 Grey Monkey

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 4 posts
  • LocationR.F.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

Can I join to Arkab Legions for this event?

#8 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

Head over to our website @ www.arkablegions.com and fill out the application, then hit us up on our teamspeak server ts3.arkablegions.com and dorp with us, that simple! If you cannot get on ts, just add me and I will get you in on drops when I log on next, sometime tonite ;)

#9 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 02 July 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

ARKB, despite being freebirth scum, are a well respected foe of mine. Anyone looking for an IS unit should definitely consider joining them. Just note that they are OBSESSIVE about defending Arkab even though it is a pitiful rock.

yes we do love our pitiful rock it has a excellent view and you are an Honored enemy, davion scum :). our fights were intense and well fought i look forward to when you attack Arkab again.

As for our unit Arkab, bunch of great guys, i have fought with some of them for years now and still some of the most laid back individuals i know. always respected the life comes first part as well as the laid back atmosphere contact me on ts or in game for drops, or come pop into ts and drop with us some time ts3.arkablegions.com door is always open

#10 Onryo

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

Are you still recruiting and if so are there any specific requirements for joining (ie, kill-to-death ratio, must have mic, etc)?

#11 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostOnryo, on 08 July 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Are you still recruiting and if so are there any specific requirements for joining (ie, kill-to-death ratio, must have mic, etc)?

Yes, we are still recruiting.

Our application page can be found here: http://arkablegions.com/recruitment

As far as requirements, our main one is that you understand what our unit is about.

- We are a non-comp unit that focuses more on having fun than KDR, having the latest mech pack purchase, etc. "Real life comes first" is a motto for us. No video game is worth sacrificing time with friends and family for.

- That said, we DO work hard to play well and continually improve. If you are just looking to run headlong at the enemy yelling "Banzai!" , that can be amusing from time to time, but it isn't what we would want to do ALL the time.

- Need to have a positive attitude. Everyone gets down and salty from time to time, but if your range of emotions only go from "lightly salty" to "super salty", then you should look elsewhere. We welcome new and beginner players all the time into the unit, so its important to keep upbeat and positive with them, while at the same time giving them tips and pointers on maps, quirks, mech builds, tactics, etc.

============================

We encourage any interested applicants to please join us on our TeamSpeak server: ts3.arkablegions.com

There you would do drops with various Arkab pilots, including 1 officer, before an offer to accept your application will be made. We like to make sure firsthand that a pilot will be a good fit for our unit.

While we have made exceptions for people in the past who for some reason or other can't get on comms, our VERY STRONG preference is for a pilot to have TS3 installed on their computer and a working headset with microphone.

Cheers,
-Shahadet (Commanding Officer, Arkab Legions)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users