#41 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

PGI said that all new mechs will have 0 quirks until it can be

you didn't want them to release the EBJ with 40% reduced heat and 10% more range while 0 quirks already is pretty tough right?

go look at the quirks of some mechs that got them from a hard new start... rather it is very OP...
(thunderbolt, grid iron, cicada, stalker, etc). or it is very blegh (zeus for eg).

Same will occur for resistance II, wave III, wave IV (if ever), Origins, Origins II (if ever), Origins III (impossible?) [insert IS name for IS omnis here in 5 years] etc...

To be honest what needs more work is the large pulse laser compared to the er mediums and ghost heat in general...

#42 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

The only people who can really say that the EJ is better than the TW are the light saber laser vomiters. Unfortunately you laser vomiters are unimaginative and, dare I say it, completely unskilled and incapable of adapting.

The EJ is slightly better at loading 2 weapon types whereas the TW excels at being able to carry all 3 weapon types and also use them very effectively. The negative quirks on the TW also help with sustained DPS through slightly lower heat output over time. There's more to this game than trying to fire as many lasers as possible at the same time you know.

I have all 5 TW chassis and on all but 1 of them I have 1x ballistic, 3x ERML (left torso) and 2x SRM6 (right torso). When chain firing the 3 lasers, the first laser is almost ready to fire again by the time the third has finished. Add in some carefully timed fire from the ballistic and some SRMs if they're in range. This gives you a nice steady heat load and sustained DPS and suppression for a decent period of time.

The TW is also noticeably more durable with its higher armour and "better" hitboxes. I almost always lose a ST on the TW before being killed whereas with the EJ I end up with a straight up CT death at least half of the time. The TW also has the option of JJs.

What the EJ is is a 10 ton lighter alternative to the TW which will go a long way in your CW drop deck. Outside of CW, give me a non-vomit TW every time over the EJ.

Some people really need a large pulse laser to the brain to help them step away from their all the lazors mentality. Some of you might start enjoying the game again if you tried.

Edited by Kyocera, 03 July 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#43 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostKyocera, on 03 July 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

Unfortunately you laser vomiters are unimaginative and, dare I say it, completely unskilled and incapable of adapting.

You say this, yet the best players abuse laser vomit. It has nothing to do with imagination and everything to do with bad weapon synergy between everything else and lasers being versatile and effective weapons. To use a terrible cliche that I cringe just even typing "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

#44 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 03 July 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

You say this, yet the best players abuse laser vomit. It has nothing to do with imagination and everything to do with bad weapon synergy between everything else and lasers being versatile and effective weapons. To use a terrible cliche that I cringe just even typing "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

I can't argue with what you say, however I still reiterate that the TW is the better mech in a straight up comparison, even with negative laser quirks but the differences are small and it comes down to the hardpoint/omnipod possibilities and durability. The major advantage for the EJ is on CW with the 10 ton difference. You can't ignore near-TW levels of firepower with less tonnage.

Just saying that if the tryhards looked beyond their yellow and blue s***ty sticks, the TW might not be as "bad" as they think it is (even though it would take a monumental moron to consider the TW as a bad mech in the first place) and if they try and play with a balanced loadout (if their brain doesn't implode trying to make one on smurfy) then the TW will end up being significantly better than they think it is.

Edited by Kyocera, 04 July 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#45 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

The Ebon Jag will likely get nerfed just like the Timber. Simmer down.

At the moment, the Ebon Jag is good, but not as good as the pre-nerf Timber. That's almost indisputable.

I'm curious to see the Ebon Jag's hitboxes. As others have been saying, I believe it has an oddly large CT.

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 03 July 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's hard to blame anyone for falling down the path of laser cheese; many mechs have no choice. I feel like clan UACs have been improved greatly with the shorter "durations" across the board, but hitscan lasers are definitely more versatile and don't run out of ammo.

Edited by Greenjulius, 04 July 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#46 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 04 July 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

The Ebon Jag will likely get nerfed just like the Timber. Simmer down.

At the moment, the Ebon Jag is good, but not as good as the pre-nerf Timber. That's almost indisputable.

I'm curious to see the Ebon Jag's hitboxes. As others have been saying, I believe it has an oddly large CT.

It's hard to blame anyone for falling down the path of laser cheese;many mechs have no choice. I feel like clan UACs have been improved greatly with the shorter "duration" across the board, but those hitscan lasers are definitely more versatile and don't run out of ammo.

It does and that's its major disadvantage over the TW. As I said I pretty much always lose a ST on the TW but more regularly die to a straight CT loss with the EJ.

Edited by Kyocera, 04 July 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#47 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:05 PM

View PostKyocera, on 04 July 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Just saying that if the tryhards looked beyond their yellow and blue s***ty sticks, the TW might not be as "bad" as they think it is (even though it would take a monumental moron to consider the TW as a bad mech in the first place) and if they try and play with a balanced loadout (if their brain doesn't implode trying to make one on smurfy) then the TW will end up being significantly better than they think it is.

I think you misunderstand what comp players are saying about the TW, because bad isn't it. It just isn't as good at the poking fight anymore because the Hellbringer can do it better, the nerfs just solidified that facet. It is still one of the most durable heavies (Summoner is more durable, but less effective) and still a great mech, it just has competition now. Though I still would like to see the laser nerfs removed in place of agility nerfs.

As for balanced builds, sorry but specialization builds will always be the better choice barring massive changes to the game, just accept it and move on. Your need to insult people for not using balanced builds doesn't help your argument either.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 04 July 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

God please don't make the Ebon Jaguar be nerfed the same way the Timberwolf did... The timber nerf basicly killed that mech for me and I didn't even run energy boats on it...

#49 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 July 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

God please don't make the Ebon Jaguar be nerfed the same way the Timberwolf did... The timber nerf basicly killed that mech for me and I didn't even run energy boats on it...

The TBR nerf only hurt mixed loadouts. If you're running laser vomit, there is no change whatsoever.

#50 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 05 July 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

The TBR nerf only hurt mixed loadouts. If you're running laser vomit, there is no change whatsoever.

And that's what I found the saddest part of the nerf; the very thing they tried to nerf is barely affected. (still worse then couldron born atm or executioner... no really I did the math and builds, besides size (which is countered by armour and being more agilie) the executioner is better in every way over the timberwolf for laser vomit) Anyway...

Mixed builds... ie me. Got hurt bad... spefically my...

-Cl LBX 20, Cl ER PPC, Cl ER Medium Laser, 2 x Cl SRM 6.
-2 x Cl LRM 15, 2 x Cl ER Large laser, 2 x Clan ER Medium laser, 1 x Clan TAG (which adds to the nerfs...), 2 x Clan Machine Guns.
-2 x Cl ER Large Laser, 2 x Clan Machine Guns, 4 x Cl SRM 6
-[stock timberwolf D]
-[Timberwolf A that I never bought because it was nerfed to ****]

It sucks... when things even like TAG's will cause massive nerfs to your other weapons...

#51 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'd still hands down rather pilot my nerfed Timberwolf than the Ebon Jag

#52 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Clanners : ITS NO TIMBER.. FAIL PGI FAIL!!!!!!!!!

because every mech should be an op timber.

#53 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostEider, on 05 July 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Clanners : ITS NO TIMBER.. FAIL PGI FAIL!!!!!!!!!

because every mech should be an op timber.

OP Timber? I say OP IS! Pilot of overquirked abominations that one cant call battlemechs anymore...

View PostCathy, on 05 July 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'd still hands down rather pilot my nerfed Timberwolf than the Ebon Jag

I have finished leveling the new mechs, after one month I played TBR and DWF again today. It felt like... I dont have to hide behind my teammates anymore. It felt like I actually pilot a armored vehicle.

EBJ and EXE have a joke of a CT and I won't place my butt in one of these again, before they are fixed.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 05 July 2015 - 03:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users