TBR-C
Penalities:
- Energy weapon cooldown -18%
- Laser duration -18%

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-C
Penalities:
No penalities

The question is: WHY?

Edited by 6S BoSS, 03 July 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#2 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Less armor, worse hitboxes, less dhs and so worse cooling?

#3 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

View Post6S BoSS, on 03 July 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-C
Penalities:
No penalities

ITS NEW !!!!

no one except Clan haters knew how it perform.

of course Clan hater knew it before that it will be OP!

Edited by Hornviech, 03 July 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Hi guys, take a look to these "same" mechs:

TBR-C
Penalities:
- Laser duration -18%

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-C
Penalities:
No penalities

Timber has more armor and JJs (which actually makes a huge difference even if just a little bit). I still like my Timbers, but I think the nerfs could be dialed down a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the EBJ got some slight adjustments..

#5 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

TBR-C
Penalities:
- Laser duration -18%

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-C
Penalities:
No penalities

Well, the Jag is 10 tonnes lighter and therefore lighter armored, has a gigantic CT, and is so new that our intrepid devs likely don't have a lot of performance data to make any balancing decisions with.

The TW is still the best mech in the game, IMHO, so it doesn't make sense to nerf anything yet without seeing how the Jag truly stacks up against it. For my money, the Jag is close, but not better than the TW, even with it's nerfs.

#6 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Pgi logic: pay for win.

Than, when it comes out for c-bills they MAGICALLY understand that it is OP, and than they nerf it.

Timber 2lpl+6 mediums 25 dhs huge nerf

Cauldron 1erll+1lpl+6ml 25 dhs no nerf:

Same firepower on lighter mech=timber has no sense

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 03 July 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#7 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

It should be noted here that the EBJ-C is a missile and ballistic boat. Why would it receive negative energy quirks?

But yeah... the Jag is new. There's no way to know yet how it's going to perform in-game until it's in the hands of players. I imagine it will receive some negative energy quirks on some of the arms and torsos. But you should also expect to see positive ballistic quirks, and probably a few armor and internal buffs.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 03 July 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Pgi logic: pay for win.

Than, when it comes out for c-bills they MAGICALLY understand that it is OP, and than they nerf it.

Timber 2lpl+6 mediums 25 dhs huge nerf

Cauldron 1erll+1lpl+6ml 25 dhs no nerf:

Same firepower on lighter mech=timber has no sense

Those builds are a little ridiculous...

#9 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

The ebon jag is fragile as f*ck. The Hbr tanks like a god compared to it. Not even speaking of the timber, which seems to have like twice the durability.

I'm playing a lot of CW currently, and my dropdeck is TW, EBJ, HBR, dirtfox, which means i have a direct comparison between those mechs every match. The TW is flat out stronger than the EBJ even with the nerfs. Its crazy mobility and survability can't be compared to the EBJ.
If i'd play more CW i would probably get a mist lynx so i can use 2 TWs.

Edited by meteorol, 03 July 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#10 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

TBH I find those EBJs to fold like sh*tty walmart lawn furniture

My QKD been eatin em like popcorns

#11 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostcSand, on 03 July 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

TBH I find those EBJs to fold like sh*tty walmart lawn furniture

My QKD been eatin em like popcorns

That's why I said it'll get armor and internals buffs... it's so fragile. Or they'll just leave it without negative energy quirks and use its fragility as the tradeoff.

What the jag does absolutely need though is a greater torso twist arc. Terrible.

#12 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

I still find the TBR-A left torso quirks hilarious.

TBR-A

Loadout Quirks:
Laser Duration +27%
Energy Cooldown +27%
Acceleration rate (all speeds) -5%
Decceleration rate (all speeds) - 5%
Torso Turn (Yaw) -5%
Missile Cooldown -2.5%
Reverse speed -10%
Arm Movement Rate (Pitch and Yaw) +5%

Edited by Moldur, 03 July 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 03 July 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Or they'll just leave it without negative energy quirks and use its fragility as the tradeoff.

I think this is the better option, rather than just making it a slightly-lighter TBR clone

Edited by cSand, 03 July 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#14 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 03 July 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well, the Jag is 10 tonnes lighter and therefore lighter armored, has a gigantic CT, and is so new that our intrepid devs likely don't have a lot of performance data to make any balancing decisions with.

The TW is still the best mech in the game, IMHO, so it doesn't make sense to nerf anything yet without seeing how the Jag truly stacks up against it. For my money, the Jag is close, but not better than the TW, even with it's nerfs.

Running energy loadouts EBJ > TW all day, every day...only exception is Gauss/ERPPC where JJs are nice to have, and the duration nerfs do not hit the TW because ERPPCs have no duration.

That is literally the only build TW > EBJ...and it is strictly because the EBJ cannot jump. If the EBJ could jump...it would be better than the TW running that build too.

The TW nerfs took the teeth out of the mech...honestly. You cannot focus damage worth anything with energy builds...which were all it did well.

Show me a ballistic TW build worth anything. Let me help you, there is not one...

The TW is a lackluster LRM platform (though, unfortunately, that does not prevent people from trying it...), and as a SRM platform, it is not bad as clan mechs go. Though, honestly...CSRMs are inferior to IS SRMs across the board...(worse spread, less damage per missile, etc.)

So, what does that leave? Gauss and energy weapons...except CERPPCs suck...so that leaves Gauss + beam spam. If you nerf beam spam, that leaves you a mech that sucks at everything except 1 ballistic weapon it can carry...why do that? Because it is a TW, and everyone will play it any way? Because the masses of derps that called for nerfs think it somehow "balanced" things...? If you thought the TW was OP because it moves like a 60T mech...beam spam nerfs do nothing to fix that...

#15 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostGyrok, on 03 July 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Running energy loadouts EBJ > TW all day, every day...only exception is Gauss/ERPPC where JJs are nice to have, and the duration nerfs do not hit the TW because ERPPCs have no duration.

That is literally the only build TW > EBJ...and it is strictly because the EBJ cannot jump. If the EBJ could jump...it would be better than the TW running that build too.

The TW nerfs took the teeth out of the mech...honestly. You cannot focus damage worth anything with energy builds...which were all it did well.

Show me a ballistic TW build worth anything. Let me help you, there is not one...

The TW is a lackluster LRM platform (though, unfortunately, that does not prevent people from trying it...), and as a SRM platform, it is not bad as clan mechs go. Though, honestly...CSRMs are inferior to IS SRMs across the board...(worse spread, less damage per missile, etc.)

So, what does that leave? Gauss and energy weapons...except CERPPCs suck...so that leaves Gauss + beam spam. If you nerf beam spam, that leaves you a mech that sucks at everything except 1 ballistic weapon it can carry...why do that? Because it is a TW, and everyone will play it any way? Because the masses of derps that called for nerfs think it somehow "balanced" things...? If you thought the TW was OP because it moves like a 60T mech...beam spam nerfs do nothing to fix that...

I don't think most TW pilots running laser vomit mech would agree that those builds are harmed much by the negative laser quirks.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

That's weird, I have no problem doing that.

I almost prefer the 5 ER ML/Gauss build on the Timber. Really love having the JJs and extra armor.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 03 July 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#17 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 03 July 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

I don't think most TW pilots running laser vomit mech would agree that those builds are harmed much by the negative laser quirks.

That's the problem.

Good players can still run the TW mostly unaffected, so the TW is still exactly as OP as before with any pilot that can aim and poke well.

The players these nerfs DO hurt, are the ones that can't aim very well, and they weren't the ones making the TW OP.

#18 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

TBR-C
Penalities:
- Laser duration -18%

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-C
Penalities:
No penalities

Because the EBJs CT hitboxes are so bad that they dont need any nerfs. They need buffs.

#19 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Though, honestly...CSRMs are inferior to IS SRMs across the board...(worse spread, less damage per missile, etc.)  

1 ton large lasers (erml) make clan srm mechs strictly better than their IS counterparts.

#20 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

IS quriks strikly better than any Clanweapon.

The TBR nerf wasnt needed in the first place with all these quirks in place. Get the **** outta here.

Btw, EBJ are considerabilly weaker than TBR. Just because of that awful CT hitbox.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 03 July 2015 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users