37 replies to this topic

#1 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

We asked for it, we got it. Took awhile yes, but we got it. But do we actually use it? I use it but do other people actually use it? I might hear like one or two people talking on it every 5 matches. How many people actually use the voice chat? Quality might not be great but I can still hear and understand people when using it. Do you guys have problems with it or is it just not worth using it at all?

Edited by IIIuminaughty, 03 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Grommen

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

I like it. It does exactly what I wanted. People call out targets, holler when we are about to get rolled over.

All and all it is great.

But not enough of us are using it. Including myself. I have to hook up my mic and head phones and sadly I ain't done it yet.

I also don't hear the 12 year old foul mouthed snot that was going to plague the coms and cause the downfall of the game. But hay, I guess their is still time.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

one my teammate recently killed another one intentionally shooting him two times with no enemies nearby and then used voip to apologize (i dunno he probably didn't saw the blue triangle or was ******** in some other way... or just a troll)

we were told that he had apologized by another user who had voip turned on and so was our intermediary

so... apparently some people use voip

#4 Jabilac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ohio, USA

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

I try to use it when its needed. I don't go all out and announce what 'plan' we are using but I call out enemy positions (especially ecm covered mechs) and potential flanks. I have only had 1 person use it annoyingly and he was muted quickly. Nothing like you would experience playing CoD or a similar console FPS.

#5 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

It is a great thing, but I must admit I don't use it. It lags my connection down more than if I was just using Team Speak. The command wheel would be nice to have though.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

it is great but there's a lot of reasons why its not used, some folk just have to be quiet.

Command wheel would've been a much better idea to implement first imho. Youd also instill some standard commands for players to use with voip if that was the case,

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Some matches it is just me.
Other matches, it can be up to 5 people.
Usually it is OK.
There are some kids using it.
Then there are those rare moments...... :wacko:

#8 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Most people don't use it. Except for crude insults and to blame.

So awesome in PUGS / CW where 12 enemies manage to push a flank and people don't lock on to anything, launch a UAV or say anything. Before you know it several are lost before an appropriate response is started to the enemy who is now enroute to victory. So frustrating.

#9 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostGrommen, on 03 July 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I like it. It does exactly what I wanted. People call out targets, holler when we are about to get rolled over.

All and all it is great.

But not enough of us are using it. Including myself. I have to hook up my mic and head phones and sadly I ain't done it yet.

I also don't hear the 12 year old foul mouthed snot that was going to plague the coms and cause the downfall of the game. But hay, I guess their is still time.

Havn't heard any 12year olds, just lots of 40 year old losers at life.

#10 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

I haven't used it. But I've heard people use it to relay info quickly. And at least one person threw a tantrum. I sometimes wonder how those people sound. That person was like the epitome of that. Just butthurt and blaming everyone. A guy even tried to talk him down. It was almost funny.

#11 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

I use it, it is a good thing.

Can be very helpful.

Well worth at least having on, just to listen.

#12 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Actually the VOIP is very impressive. Sounds like radio. Only problem is when to break in to voice, while others are talking at same time. Way better than 3rd party that I heard from.
I just do not like it when kids are on. Like is like a 50 year old man playing in the park with children. Very uncomfortable, and do not want to be there.

Edited by VeeDog, 03 July 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#13 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

I haven't heard any kids on there to be honest. I'm just trying to get more people to aware that the VOIP is there and use it more often. My unit have their own TS and we still use in game chats. Communication is the key to victory.

#14 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostVeeDog, on 03 July 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

I just do not like it when kids are on. Like is like a 50 year old man playing in the park with children. Very uncomfortable, and do not want to be there.

let's suggest pgi to add voice changer to voip to make everybody has robot voice :3

#15 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:48 AM

I recall a few weeks back, towards the end of the match, 2 dead team members where [Redacted] in VOIP about how the team was all newbs that didn't call targets or communicate. I took the opportunity to interject, "Didn't hear you guys doing it either."

A lot of people in MWO seem to be timid about communicating with strangers in the solo queue. But the worst of the lot are the ones that pipe up solely for the sake of complaining about how the rest of the team didn't do enough to carry them.

Edited by Rhazien, 07 July 2015 - 05:04 AM.
Language

#16 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:34 AM

I've had quite a few negative situations happen on VOIP. part of that being because of my unit affiliations [because apparently liking Cartoon Horses is a sin on the internet you know] so I've had hate spewed at me, I've also had racist, sexist, and flat out rude things happen both in CW and Pugs... both towards me and towards friends.

Because of this, outside of CW, I pretty much ignore voice chat, it's much easier to ignore all the vitrol and hate that comes some of the time, and miss out on some coordination, than have to deal with it at all.

#17 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 05 July 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

[because apparently liking Cartoon Horses is a sin on the internet you know]

IMX, a lot of bronies are trolly [Redacted] themselves. Which is a shame, I've seen a lot of FiM and it's a cute show with likeable characters.

Edited by Rhazien, 07 July 2015 - 05:04 AM.
Language

#18 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 05 July 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

I've had quite a few negative situations happen on VOIP. part of that being because of my unit affiliations [because apparently liking Cartoon Horses is a sin on the internet you know] so I've had hate spewed at me, I've also had racist, sexist, and flat out rude things happen both in CW and Pugs... both towards me and towards friends.

Because of this, outside of CW, I pretty much ignore voice chat, it's much easier to ignore all the vitrol and hate that comes some of the time, and miss out on some coordination, than have to deal with it at all.

all hail princess luna the most clanner horse ever!

Posted Image

#19 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

I like the VOIP

The only thing I would like different would be a quick mute button, that when pressed while someone is talking would mute them and mark them muted for future matches as well.

#20 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

I hear someone speak over VOIP maybe once every 5 matches, and even then it's 1 to 3 sentences for the entire match. A Command Wheel would've been so much better because 1) not everyone speaks or understands English 2) not everyone has a mic 3) not everyone likes to talk 4) not everyone likes to listen (they mute VOIP). I'm thinking a Command Wheel would be used way more often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users