162 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

I wish more people would vote to rescale the mechs that really, really need it, and have needed it for a long time.

Instead of voting for the mechs that are already pretty good, but would be great if they were just a little bit smaller.

Posted Image

Enjoy your smaller Novas, guys. I`ll just be in my Centurion, crying and listening to Linkin Park.

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

Yeah I think they should consider more mechs from the medium class

#3 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

My first two picks were the cent and the treb. =/

#4 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

You can vote for more than one mech, I tried to spread the love around thinking that while one mech might clearly win now - the runners up might be next in line.

Hopefully.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

For me, I chose...

Lights: Commando (maybe), Mist Lynx, Kit Fox, Adder
Mediums: Literally all of them
Heavies: Dragon, Quick Draw, Catapult, Mad Dog, Grasshopper
Assaults: Awesome, Gargoyle, Warhawk, Battlemaster

Edited by FupDup, 03 July 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 July 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

I wish more people would vote to rescale the mechs that really, really need it, and have needed it for a long time.

Instead of voting for the mechs that are already pretty good, but would be great if they were just a little bit smaller.

Posted Image

Enjoy your smaller Novas, guys. I`ll just be in my Centurion, crying and listening to Linkin Park.

Honestly I have the distinct feeling that if the Nova gets rescaled, it'd only get bigger.

#7 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

Centurion's big, but it's skinny. Not nearly as deserving as the quickdraw or the trebuchet.

I do love my Centurions though.

[edit] I'm also of the opinion that height is largely irrelevant for the most part, while having wide torsos is a huge negative. When you miss due to motion, it tends to be in the horizontal axis rather than the vertical.

Edited by One Medic Army, 03 July 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#8 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

They used checkboxes and not radio buttons. Vote more than once.

Lights: Kitfox
Mediums: Trebs, Cents, Novas, Kints, Griffins, Shads, Cicadas
Heavies: Quickies, Mad Dogs, Orions, Catapults, Grasshoppers
Assaults: Awesome, Victor, Gargles, Battlemaster

All those need to be sized down a smidge (or eight in the case of the Nova and Awesome)

Posted Image

The Cent's problem was their "fixing" of the hitboxes. No I can front core a Cent from all directions. They REALLY need to resize it's CT hitbox.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 July 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Centurion's big, but it's skinny. Not nearly as deserving as the quickdraw or the trebuchet.

While Treb and Quickdraw do need rescales, the Treb is skinny compared to the Centurion...

But honestly, on the left is MWO's Centurion. On the right is the same Centurion rescaled to match the limb and body thickness of the concept art.
Posted Image

#10 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 July 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

I do love my Centurions though.

[edit] I'm also of the opinion that height is largely irrelevant for the most part, while having wide torsos is a huge negative. When you miss due to motion, it tends to be in the horizontal axis rather than the vertical.

Look at it compared to a hunchback. (picture stolen from elsewhere since I'm lazy)

Posted Image

#11 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 03 July 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Look at it compared to a hunchback. (picture stolen from elsewhere since I'm lazy)

Yes. And?

The Cent's always been the harder to kill of the two mechs. It may be large, but it's not super-easy to select which hitbox to hit, and a lot of shots get lost in the gaps between components, or hit the wreckage of components and get reduced via damage transfer.

[edit] Stupid autocorrect. Mechs don't have "hotboxes"

Edited by One Medic Army, 03 July 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

The difference between the Cent and the Nova?

The Cent is still phenomenally tough, oversizing notwithstanding. It has made very little gameplay difference, whereas the Nova is laughable, horribly fragile.

And that's speaking as a guy who runs Cents more than anything but HBKs.

View PostUltimatum X, on 03 July 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

You can vote for more than one mech, I tried to spread the love around thinking that while one mech might clearly win now - the runners up might be next in line.

Hopefully.

And while I would love to see everything perfect (and can only assume this is a test batch), honestly, I would hope that people are voting for the mechs that sizing is actually a gameplay issue on. The Cent, much as I love it, is not one of the mechs that NEEDS to be resized for game viability.

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 03 July 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

They used checkboxes and not radio buttons. Vote more than once.

Lights: Kitfox
Mediums: Trebs, Cents, Novas, Kints, Griffins, Shads, Cicadas
Heavies: Quickies, Mad Dogs, Orions, Catapults, Grasshoppers
Assaults: Awesome, Victor, Gargles, Battlemaster

All those need to be sized down a smidge (or eight in the case of the Nova and Awesome)

The Cent's problem was their "fixing" of the hitboxes. No I can front core a Cent from all directions. They REALLY need to resize it's CT hitbox.

If you are front coring Cents it's because too many pilots got too lazy and complacent with how well it soaked before, and never learned to twist. Probably all Zombie Pilots. Those who played protecting that Gun Arm, seem to have little trouble.

Any GOOD Cent pilot still sheds damage like a duck sheds water.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

nova is the worst offender of the mediums. there are a lot of medium offenders though. both the shadow hawk (which i sometimes mistake for assault), and the centurion could be nudged down a tad.

the awesome is the worst of the assaults. i dont own one, but they just seem way to big.

after those two id say that there arent many offenders in the light or heavy class. the kitfox seems to be getting a lot of votes, but id say its only a tad large for a 30 tonner. the catapult is also getting a lot of votes, but i kind of think its supposed to be rather bulky (its small when you rack it). id prefer to omit those weight classes entirely from the poll.

i dont see any mechs that need to be bigger just a few that seem a tad large for their weight class.

#14 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

If you are front coring Cents it's because too many pilots got too lazy and complacent with how well it soaked before, and never learned to twist. Probably all Zombie Pilots. Those who played protecting that Gun Arm, seem to have little trouble.

What makes them laughably easier to core out is the mohawk and cod piece are all CT. So if I can see it's "helmet crest" I can hit it's CT. If people don't know about that mohawk being CT they are pretty hard to put down, but if they know that crest is CT you're ******.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 03 July 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Honestly the only Light I feel is egregiously bad, is the Kitfox.
Mediums? Nova first, then Trebbie, then VND. CN9 is oversized but doesn't seem to suffer much for it.
Heavies? Catapult, Quickdraw and then the Dragon, though it needs to be reshaped more than rescaled.
Assaults? Awesome needs a reshaping, VTR needs to shrink, as does the Gargles. And the KGC needs to get bigger by 10-15%.

Just my 2ct.

#16 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

As a big Cent und Awesome pilot, who is doing exceptionally well in both, I'm in for a treat it seems :D

Edited by TexAce, 03 July 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 03 July 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

What makes them laughably easier to core out is the mohawk and cod piece are all CT. So if I can see it's "helmet crest" I can hit it's CT. If people don't know about that mohawk being CT they are pretty hard to put down, but if they know that crest is CT you're ******.

Then I must be singularly blessed, or stuck in the underhive bro. Only thing I have more (current) matches in than the CN9s are HBKs. And a constantly moving, twisting CN9 is tough as nails, mohawk or not (since that would be bobbing while you twist, too).

If you can consistently hit that mohawk on my moving mech, you earned your victory sir.

You're talking one of my 2 bread winner mechs.....if there were any egregious weakness, trust me, I'd be one of the first to want it fixed.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 July 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#18 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Then I must be singularly blessed, or stuck in the underhive bro. Only thing I have more (current) matches in than the CN9s are HBKs. And a constantly moving, twisting CN9 is tough as nails, mohawk or not (since that would be bobbing while you twist, too).

If you can consistently hit that mohawk on my moving mech, you earned your victory sir.

Las vomit doesn't do so hot against them because they can twist away and just mitigate damage. But dual gauss builds are the bane of my existence when I'm in my Wang, especially when it's someone like Twinky behind the controls.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 03 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Las vomit doesn't do so hot against them because they can twist away and just mitigate damage. But dual gauss builds are the bane of my existence when I'm in my Wang, especially when it's someone like Twinky behind the controls.

So, like 1% of the playerbase are an issue, lol?

No denying a good patient dual gauss sniper is a serious threat..... but that guy is probably gonna steal your lunch no matter what you drive. You think my HBK is in any better place in that scenario?

#20 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

I still instinctively shoot it's legs. It's been so long since they fixed the hitboxes (and then removed the missile doors) but I still panic and start spamming fire into the legs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users