ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 03 July 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

I still instinctively shoot it's legs. It's been so long since they fixed the hitboxes (and then removed the missile doors) but I still panic and start spamming fire into the legs.

and most Cents still strip leg armor I find, so not a bad plan. Kill any mechs mobility, and in most cases it's already dead.

Conversely, people are so set on the RT of my HBKs, I have often run under 30 on my legs and never get legged. Also funny that they don't seem to realize they could actually take me out faster by just shooting my CT, lol.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 July 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 03 July 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

the awesome is the worst of the assaults. i dont own one, but they just seem way to big.

Awesome is not too big for an 80 tonner per se; it is just too fat. It is in fact almost as wide as an Atlas. Meaning, those torsi are too vulnerable to focused fire.

Posted Image

PGI should make the Awesome slimmer but taller. And make those arm shields tad bigger.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 03 July 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#23 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

For lights I voted KFX and ADR. The KFX is probably the worst being the size of 35T lights or maybe even bigger. Them being slow (for a light) with locked engines just exacerbates the problem. All the IS lights are fine as they are IMO.

Med I only voted Nova and Treb. While many meds are on the large size, many of them are decent chassis balance-wise and hence, IMO, are not in desperate need of a rescale. SCRs, Shawks, GRFs are all pretty big for their size, but are not exactly mechs that lack in capability.

Heavies is where I threw the most votes with the QKD and CPLT being TOP priority. GHP also one that "stands out" (pun intended). I also voted DRG and MDD with the MDD being the lightest Clan heavy, yet it's either bigger or similar size as all the other Clan heavies - it's supposed to be a slim mech and the MWO iteration is too bulky.

Assaults, well of course the AWS is the worst case here and the first box whose name I ticked. Next was the WHK which, like the MDD, could use some slimming down to keep in line with the original BT design. Will also help to distinguish it better from the DWF which seems to be an ongoing issue for it. Also threw in a vote for Mr Gargles - not a serious offender, but it is a 80T mech and its size seems to imply it's around 90Ts (atleast to me it does).

#24 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

So, like 1% of the playerbase are an issue, lol?

No denying a good patient dual gauss sniper is a serious threat..... but that guy is probably gonna steal your lunch no matter what you drive. You think my HBK is in any better place in that scenario?

Lol, but it feels like I'm ALWAYS getting shot at by Twinky, Proton, or Heim!

I feel like 90% of my group queue deaths from from QQ in house TKs for the lolz or EmP/SJR guys.

It's depressing... I need a support group...

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

and most Cents still strip leg armor I find, so not a bad plan. Kill any mechs mobility, and in most cases it's already dead.

Conversely, people are so set on the RT of my HBKs, I have often run under 30 on my legs and never get legged. Also funny that they don't seem to realize they could actually take me out faster by just shooting my CT, lol.

I actually see 4Js and just rip of the left torso in two alphas and watch them die because XLs and that left torso gets no hitpoint buffs.

#25 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

Not sure what the debate is about here, the Trenchbucket has needed this since release. I mean "OMFG TALL" was like the first and only reaction from everyone when they released it.

Lordtzar posted that relic of a comparison pic, see the Cent? Keep moving to the right......

The rage is strong for the Nova, so I am 100% sure it will see a rescale, but I sincerely hope the Awesome and Treb are part of this initial 5 mechs.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 03 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Lol, but it feels like I'm ALWAYS getting shot at by Twinky, Proton, or Heim!

I feel like 90% of my group queue deaths from from QQ in house TKs for the lolz or EmP/SJR guys.

It's depressing... I need a support group...

I actually see 4Js and just rip of the left torso in two alphas and watch them die because XLs and that left torso gets no hitpoint buffs.

it's what they get for running XLs, eh? I don't even do it on the hunchless version. Have played around with 4SPs, but meh, too fragile.

View PostEldagore, on 03 July 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Not sure what the debate is about here, the Trenchbucket has needed this since release. I mean "OMFG TALL" was like the first and only reaction from everyone when they released it.

Lordtzar posted that relic of a comparison pic, see the Cent? Keep moving to the right......

The rage is strong for the Nova, so I am 100% sure it will see a rescale, but I sincerely hope the Awesome and Treb are part of this initial 5 mechs.

hey! 2 years ago, that chart was the bomb!!!! I worked hard to update it, and show how things should be sized on the expanded version..... but admit I gave up before the Clans arrived.

#27 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

it's what they get for running XLs, eh? I don't even do it on the hunchless version. Have played around with 4SPs, but meh, too fragile.

Alot of players run XL in Hunchbacks under the reasoning that, once the hunch is gone, they're useless anyways.

But yeah, they forget that sometimes you can lose the left shoulder and survive to keep fighting.

Not that it always works out that way, sometimes the right shoulder gets popped first and I am sad, but most of the time I will lose the left shoulder first.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostYueFei, on 03 July 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

Alot of players run XL in Hunchbacks under the reasoning that, once the hunch is gone, they're useless anyways.

But yeah, they forget that sometimes you can lose the left shoulder and survive to keep fighting.

Not that it always works out that way, sometimes the right shoulder gets popped first and I am sad, but most of the time I will lose the left shoulder first.

I just find little truly to be gained in speed or firepower on them, and certainly not worth the inherent fragility. While almost perfectly sized, it does not have particularly great geometry to protect it's core.

#29 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 July 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

The difference between the Cent and the Nova?

The Cent is still phenomenally tough, oversizing notwithstanding. It has made very little gameplay difference, whereas the Nova is laughable, horribly fragile.

And that's speaking as a guy who runs Cents more than anything but HBKs.

And while I would love to see everything perfect (and can only assume this is a test batch), honestly, I would hope that people are voting for the mechs that sizing is actually a gameplay issue on. The Cent, much as I love it, is not one of the mechs that NEEDS to be resized for game viability.

If you are front coring Cents it's because too many pilots got too lazy and complacent with how well it soaked before, and never learned to twist. Probably all Zombie Pilots. Those who played protecting that Gun Arm, seem to have little trouble.

Any GOOD Cent pilot still sheds damage like a duck sheds water.

Nailed it.

#30 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

The Grasshopper and the Nova are absolutely fine scale-wise. Grasshopper tanks like a boss and the Nova is just hampered by how broad it is (courtesy to FASA) and the low slung arms (due to it being extremely small from the start). But hey, waste your votes on mechs that don't even need it.
Posted Image

#31 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

I said it on one of the polls.... why is this going ot a vote at all? PGI should be able to set fair scaling rules and balance the game. I just dont understand why they need to vote on it. Some mechs dont need rescaling, in fact only a few specific ones do, so why are all mechs up to choose from?

"This isn't the rutting town hall" - PGI are the devs here, not the consumers. This isn't early access or beta. PGI should be able to trust their own judgement.

Picking the map that gets remade first is cool, because that doesnt directly effect game balance - this vote boggles the mind.

Edited by Axeface, 03 July 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#32 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

The nova is like a 65 tonne mech size in a 50 tonne mech. it needs more love than a centurion, sorry

#33 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

"Which Medium 'Mech do you want to have re-scaled the most?"

Mech. Singular.
Allows multiple choice.

Posted Image

EDIT: correcting myself.. hah. Clicked links didn't read
On July 9th, 1PM PDT, the 3 most voted on 'Mechs from each poll will be collected for the Part 2 poll.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 03 July 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#34 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

After viewing my own size comparison renders, I think the Quickdraw gets more attention than it should. Go back and look at the torso region and compare it to the other 65 tonners. The Quickdraw is appropriately sized in that regard, but then you look at those giant legs and you realize the single problem with the Quickdraw, its legs are simply too long. It doesn't need to be rescaled as a whole, it just needs stubbier legs.

Now look at the poor Dragon, and you can see it is bigger overall than the Quickdraw, it isn't just the snout, this thing as a larger front profile. The Mad Dog suffers from a similar problem as the Quickdraw (legs are too tall), but is still in need of help in regards to the torso thanks to the giant snout it also suffers from.

All I'm saying, I know the Quickdraw has a lot of love from people, but is not the worst offending heavy in terms of needing rescaling.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 03 July 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#35 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 July 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

While Treb and Quickdraw do need rescales, the Treb is skinny compared to the Centurion...

But honestly, on the left is MWO's Centurion. On the right is the same Centurion rescaled to match the limb and body thickness of the concept art.
Posted Image

uuuh... I do not have a problem with the current one, but I do see the reasons for having it skinnier... but that skinny makes it look anorexic... maybe a little wider then the right image? ^^;

Also I the nova is rather high and the arms need works... I think the Nova needs the most help out of any medium >.>

#36 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

While Treb and Quickdraw do need rescales, the Treb is skinny compared to the Centurion...

But honestly, on the left is MWO's Centurion. On the right is the same Centurion rescaled to match the limb and body thickness of the concept art.
Posted Image

Posted Image

And can I get a

Posted Image

#37 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

They need to separate clans and IS mechs for the vote.

All the IS pilots voting for the worst IS scalled mechs and the all clans voting for their mechs.

Yet another reason why clans have trashed MWO.

#38 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 03 July 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yet another reason why baseless opinions have trashed MWO.

FTFY!

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 03 July 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

And can I get a

Posted Image

I'd pay double if I could get a normal fist option for the CN9, too.

#40 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

If the Cent looked like this, I could finally start piloting my (L) Cent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users