26 replies to this topic

#1 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

its a fact Clans are out numbered , ....but , they have a few very very good 12 mans , they get instant drops, Is .......any team good or bad gets to wait 1/2 an hour if your lucky, ........so now you know how the Clans won before and they will win again and again and again ..........So why does the game always favor Clans? oh ya the IIC mechs tell me IS can use them in CW ? not even Merc units ???

Ya let me see some of youy Claners weap and cry Nerf IS even more.

Finn.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

IIC mean's Battlemech 2nd Generation (Clan), so they are actually Clan Battlemechs, for Solahma and Garrison Clan Warriors. They are not IS mechs

#3 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

Here's a idea, how about we actually balance all the weapons so that no matter what mech is running them it's balanced instead of the stupid quirks that make no sense for one chassis to have when they are all the same weapons. balance the game with numbers (10 vs 12)and give both sides the tech they should actually have, then pilot skill will determine the drops, not some quirk that makes a weapons on this mech better than the same weapon on a different mech, be it range, power or rate of fire, that's a stupid way to attempt to balance a game.

#4 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 03 July 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

its a fact Clans are out numbered , ....but , they have a few very very good 12 mans , they get instant drops, Is .......any team good or bad gets to wait 1/2 an hour if your lucky, ........so now you know how the Clans won before and they will win again and again and again ..........So why does the game always favor Clans? oh ya the IIC mechs tell me IS can use them in CW ? not even Merc units ???

Ya let me see some of youy Claners weap and cry Nerf IS even more.

Finn.

This is all wrong when it comes to CJF. We have a couple very good units but they aren't the real strength of the Clan. It's the fact that we have very active pugs that is our real strength and we aren't insta dropping. We have to wait just as long as you to gather up your forces so we can drop as well and if you factor in how many ghost drops we have to deal with we are actually waiting considerably longer. Instead of blaming the Clans for your woes perhaps you should look at your own faction first.

#5 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

Ghost drops mmmm that says it alll.
sorry.. your own words judge the truth.

hey I know you got some of the best players ,,,, cant say you dont , but if 10 is are against 1 of you you would lose but the game would never let that happen now would it?

#6 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

well let me vent a lil , truth is I love the game challenge and all , yes the Clans have better everything its the lore , but lore says they lose ,,, why? they where out numbered , but this game has no way of factoring that fact in, even though its true even in the game it self. but hey I love you Clanners cause I love the Game ....

o7
Finn

Edited by FinnMcKool, 03 July 2015 - 09:54 PM.

#7 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 03 July 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Ghost drops mmmm that says it alll.
sorry.. your own words judge the truth.

hey I know you got some of the best players ,,,, cant say you dont , but if 10 is are against 1 of you you would lose but the game would never let that happen now would it?

Lets find out. CJF tends to peak out at about 80 people in CW at a time. Send 800 Steiner mechwarriors to attack us and we'll see who wins.

#8 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

PS why cant a merc unit use the IIC mechs
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ.

o7
Finn.

#9 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 03 July 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

PS why cant a merc unit use the IIC mechs
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ.

o7
Finn.

You will be able to use them, when you fight for the clans lol.

#10 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

The point was (as sad as I may have put it) The game has no way of Balancing the Numbers of IS V Clan. it just cant do it.

If you dont understand what Im trying to say Im sorry , it has nothing to do with Clanners skill v IS , hey I would be the first to admit that most Clanners are better players, (I played both as a Merc,) , but the game doesnt see the numbers , thats all Im trying to say, hopefully some DEV picks up on this and understands .

I want the IIC Mechs , Im a Merc , there is no reason I shouldnt Have them .

o7

Finn

#11 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 03 July 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

well let me vent a lil , truth is I love the game challenge and all , yes the Clans have better everything its the lore , but lore says they lose ,,, why? they where out numbered , but this game has no way of factoring that fact in, even though its true even in the game it self. but hey I love you Clanners cause I love the Game ....

o7
Finn

The only reason the Clans lost in the lore was so that the writers did not have to make drastic changes to the setting that would upset many, many fans. Period. I mean honestly your numbers wouldn't count at all if the script wasn't purposefully written in a way to hamstring the Clans so that the IS had even a slim possibility of winning against them. Luckily though they did so that the factions we all know and love can continue to mess things up.

#12 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

Maybe it is time, since contact with the Clans has been well underway for some time now, to let the IS drop with Clan 'Mechs as well as their usual IS 'Mech? With all the technological advancements in clan battlemechs, they will always have an advantage in any drop match over their IS counterparts. Why limit those in the IS Houses to just having to use IS 'Mechs? Call it salvage or spoils of war from previous engagements if it makes you happy to think of it that way.

#13 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:17 PM

the lore was just following real History ,(the rise and fall of the roman Empire) even the lost "TECH" ... it all happened in real life , Mech Warriors are the Knights of the Dark ages , any way GLHF o7 all that .....................

Give the Mercs , The IIC s we deserve to use them hey Why not let Mercs use Clan Mechs ?????????????
or are you AFRAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think some one is??????????

I paid for them. I paid for most Clan packs , but they dont let me use them ??????????????????

Edited by FinnMcKool, 03 July 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#14 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

Hey maybe I would buy ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) more Clan Mechs if I could use them.

Hey MWO , Want more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..
Let Mercs Use the IIC mechs or even all Clan Mechs.

o7
Finn.

Edited by FinnMcKool, 03 July 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#15 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

Clans should be abel to drop with IS Mechs...they have them. IS have Mercs like the Black Thorns.. :D Check out what they use and their background...Clanmechs...
Wolfs Dragooner...Clans....

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 03 July 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#16 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

#17 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

This topic... I don't even.

#18 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

Odd, the last few days i often had to wait up to 9 minutes for a defending IS team to show up. Ghost drops were prevented in the last minute.
I have NEVER seen more than 1 IS team waiting to defend (Steiner and FRR planets). So i doubt what OP says is true. Any 12 man that played would have get a instadrop if they queued.

The reason IS is losing so hard?
IS pugs literally can't defend themselves. It's a miracle they don't blow up their mechs when powering up. It's acutally not rare for IS pugs to lose 48:13 against clan pugs. Been in quite a few pug vs pug CW games the last few days in which all but 1 IS pug failed to get 1k damage. I'm having a W/L of like 20/2 pugging against IS teams that are not 12 mans during this week.
That effect is fortified by the fact that like half of IS 12 mans are just good enough to beat 12 pugs. As soon as they have to go up against anything that isn't 12 pugs, they go down like a grandma with a femoral neck fracture.

I played for every IS faction during my mechbay tour, and the fact that IS pugs are so incredibly bad is the only reason i will never take a IS contract again.

Edited by meteorol, 04 July 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#19 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:16 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 03 July 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Here's a idea, how about we actually balance all the weapons so that no matter what mech is running them it's balanced instead of the stupid quirks that make no sense for one chassis to have when they are all the same weapons. balance the game with numbers (10 vs 12)and give both sides the tech they should actually have, then pilot skill will determine the drops, not some quirk that makes a weapons on this mech better than the same weapon on a different mech, be it range, power or rate of fire, that's a stupid way to attempt to balance a game.

So, take the MechWarrior out of Mechwarrior Online.

Gotcha.

I have a better idea, leave the MechWarrior IN Mechwarrior Online and if you want to play a bland, vanilla, and lowest common denominator mech shooter, Hawkken is for you.

#20 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Nope, once again, let each side have the tech based on the lore and TT since that's where the values seem to come from, and balance it with less pilots (Since the IS has so many more according to the OP) and then play the game that way, not by giving certain mechs a advantage they should never have had in any lore or tt based system that PGI just came up with and is crap to boot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users