What Does Your Map Stats Tell About You?

Maps Gameplay

36 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

Judging from my current maps stats, which is 100% Solo-Q and 90% Skirmish:

Posted Image

It seems I have severe heat control issues, since my highest WLR maps are cold ones like Frozen City, Frozen City Night, and Alpine Peaks. Which is surprising since I prefer dakka or lurms over laser vomit. Since my load out is not too hot, it is probably my playstyle with those weapons that is in question. Mayhaps I should slow down my sustained fire on non-cold maps and work on my positioning better. Hmmm...

Meanwhile Frozen City is the fastest map for me with an average play time of 4.5 minutes while Terra Therma is the slowest map with an average of 6.3 minutes. Which makes sense, as I am an eager beaver (even while piloting my Whale) so my life span is usually never longer than 5 minutes. I should stop being one of the first guys to engage the enemy.

What about you guys?

Edited by El Bandito, 03 July 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

It's real hard to say, TBH.....because W/L is so dependant on team, vs your own KDr or Dmg.

As I noted...Viridian is my worst W/L, by a lot. Yet many of my highest scoring matches were there. I literally can't get a team that doesn't suck on it to save my life.

HPG I generally run pretty mediocre, TBH, not too many bragging rights matches on it, yet it's my highest W/L, tied with Caustic, which is a map I do tend to do well on.

Then the map I consider one of my personal best, Canyon Network...... is middle of the road, W/L.

If we hads Damage, and KDr shown by map, then it might tell us something about our own faults and foibles and strengths, per map.

I guess I could go back and figure out what my Match Average times are by Map, as the longer the match lasts, usually the better I do, versus blitzkrieg matches where I seem to never get in place fast enough.

#3 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

I apparently like the hot maps:

Posted Image

#4 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

Nothing because mine are not representative...

Comparing my CURRENT to my ARCHIVED stats shows, that I barely had 15% of the amount of matches I had before the stats got archived.

So it only tells me that I have gotten tired.

#5 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

my best maps are caustic valley (1.40) and alpine (1.56)

now... the catch is i am a dedicated streakcrow pilot i.e. a dedicated brawler so those maps should be my worst instead, lol

well i'm not sure how statistically good those are though

#6 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:38 AM

Main account

100% pugs :huh:

Posted Image

Edited by YokiLin, 04 July 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#7 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

Heat is not my issue. Narcar is. I never do well on Nascar maps.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostYokiLin, on 04 July 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

Main account

100% pugs :huh:

Posted Image

That's around 95 DAYS worth of play time. Considering the fact the last stat wipe was on March 18th, 2014, this is just wow. :o

You must love achievements and tournaments.

Edited by El Bandito, 04 July 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 July 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

That's around 95 DAYS worth of play time. Considering the fact the last stat wipe was on March 18th, 2014, this is just wow. :o

That's how to put your name on the list! :ph34r:

#10 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 July 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

That's Yoki's "main account", meaning there is more playtime logged somewhere...

:o

#11 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

That the Mechs i play most are not long range optimized - all Maps that prefer long range combat are weaker by 0.10 to 0.15 compared to the short to midrange maps.

Terra Therma is also a Map that is hot and has quite some long range combat (at least from the IS view where ML be to short to reach full damage accross the Center) that is weaker by at least 0.2 bcs my Mechs were more fitted to direct fire short-/midrange combat.

While the heavier Mechs all have some LRM that is more for fluff and fun reason as i simply like it to lauch LRM at enemies i apporach to fight at brawling range (i speak of 1xLRM10 or 2xLRM5 here).

I guess my recent change to more ERLL/Gauss usage on my Atlas Mechs and the increase of DHS on most Mechs would help me to get bettter results overall.

I still do not play to play Clanmech but i would play some Clantech if they ever offer a Centurion that uses salvaged Clantech or something along that line.

Edited by Thorqemada, 04 July 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

My map stats seem to indicate I really like Caustic, when in fact I actually quite dislike it. Meanwhile I do rather well on Tourmaline and River city, despite not really liking either of those.

I like Crimson as a map but always do really badly on it. Ofc, 3 times now ive fallen in that ***** gap on the upper decks and been curb stomped......god that is ***** annoying.....really wish those gaps would close......

#13 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

My fav map, Mining colective is the only one with a ratio under 1 with Tourmaline which i don't like much.

#14 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

I think my map stats say that I've got a great sense of humour and I'm a good kisser.

#15 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

It tells me that most of the maps I am good on are those that are hot, Terra Therma and Caustic being my better maps, so I assume I know how to manage my heat compared to most I fight as I see the enemy shutting down more then I am and I clearlly use that to my advantage.

#16 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 July 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

I should stop being one of the first guys to engage the enemy.

You and I have the same problem: too much aggression. It does have the benefit of sometimes showing clueless Mechwarriors where they should be pushing even if they don't understand your language... :P

#17 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Somehow the MM gods are giving me higher than 1 W/L ratio. Around 99% matches here are PURE PUGS.

Posted Image

Wait a minute... what?... River city night and the F*n BOG are my best maps? :blink:

Mind BLOWN !!!!

Edited by Navid A1, 05 July 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#18 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

Mine blew my mind. It says my best map is Bog. And I HATE that map with a passion and I really don't think I do well in that map most of the time.

#19 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

My question is whether you believe you have so many draws for each of these maps. Most maps show the total of wins and losses not adding up to the total of games played.

Cheers,
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 05 July 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:50 AM

Its fact that the Stats are flawed and show wrong numbers but they are the best and only we have. ;)

Edited by Thorqemada, 05 July 2015 - 01:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users