Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 04 July 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

But are you emotionally attached to it?

Nope. Emotionally attached to lights like the Jenner, Raven but the poor lazer hit reg issues at high ping has nearly made hate the game.
Planning to make a comeback with them if the 7th July patch fixes HSR like it is supposed to.

#22 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Most of my seat time in this game has been my Centurians and my Atlas. Even when metas come and go, they're still decent. The reintroduced AH has been a joy to drive, even with limited ammo.

With the heavy and assault ques full I've been goofing with my Enforcers, especially the ® variant. Finally decided to scrap the ballistic entirely, went XL300, max JJ, 3xLarge Lasers, and 15 or 16 Doubles. This thing is sex on legs! Fast, maneuverable, jump jets for flexible positioning, and consistent mid range damage. It's an incredibly efficient scalpel of a mech. Love it!!! I thought the 5x energy variant might be better with its superior energy quirks, but no, not really. That 300XL just makes this thing sing and the other variant tops out at 260.

Anyway, I'd recommend it.

#23 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Atlas (L) because fu i dont care about meta. Still do better than most.

#24 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ot/page__st__20

Add to the war stories IW. :)

Thank you. I will try not to to disappoint

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 July 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

The Jester. I love it. Too bad it's so ugly I had to paint it black.

Literally the first thing that popped into my head as I read that.

#25 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

3 Adders
Nova poptart

And slowly maxing my Hellbringers when que falls below 40%

#26 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostShinVector, on 04 July 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Nope. Emotionally attached to lights like the Jenner, Raven but the poor lazer hit reg issues at high ping has nearly made hate the game.
Planning to make a comeback with them if the 7th July patch fixes HSR like it is supposed to.

Wolverine 6R, the Cbill Printer.

Posted Image

#27 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

this, the 100% exact build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...06dcfe4a766a9dc

#28 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

Atlas Atlas Atlas and oh yea Atlas

#29 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

This has kept me interested in soo many mechs. "Real" mechwarriors wouldn't whip out a new chassis on a whim, they'd have to make do with the machine they had and overcoming design shortcomings is a big part of the fun!

I agree here. If you spend enough time in a single chassis you can learn to overcome its characteristic weaknesses. When I started playing this game I first purchases a Cicada. After (what felt at the time like) hefty grinding I purchase an AWS-9M because...well I've played TT :) That mech is...challenging to use well in this game, esp. before quirks.

I played that thing a lot and feel like I learned much using it. It was in that chassis that I first became aware that some mechs are better than others. (If I ride 90% heat the whole game, why is my damage so damn low?) Many reasons, but among them: ER PPC (heat adjusted) DPS is poop.

Edit: I shouldn't have said "learn to overcome its weaknesses", I should have said "learn FROM its characteristic weaknesses." I subscribe to a sort of "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball" on this one. If you want to learn to torso twist, take an SRM AWS. You will develop above average twisting skills in the splat barn.

Edited by Water Bear, 05 July 2015 - 04:00 AM.

#30 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

Lights: Either the JR7-S or the Kitfox
Medium: CN9-AH(L)
Heavy: CPLT-J
Assault: ZEU-9S

#31 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Medium -- HBK-4H Sharpshooter
Heavy -- ON1-K ********

#32 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Never had a real primary as I am always leveling up mechs. Can't wait for Tuesday and mechs 199 and 200!

But I will always have a soft spot for the Vindi. Too bad that mech has a ton of soft spots. :(

#33 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Blackjack 1X and King Crabs.

#34 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

Mad Dog is my overall Primary, cause of my love for Missiles and clan weapons. Even though Mad Dog is outclassed by the Timber Wolf (Mad Dog's big brother) for most things especially for energy, and now the Ebon Jaguar can do the UAC/40 or dual Guass much better than the Mad Dog C could hope for since it does't have to sacrifice armor like the Mad Dog C.
I'm not a huge Meta player, afterall, when I use a "meta" build, it feels like I am cheating.

But for each weight class and side:
(I love lights for being so dang speedy)
Light IS: Jenner to be a super fast 6 medium laser user with jumpjets. (though Panther comes close to taking that spot)

Light Clan: Used to be Adder due to the punch it could deliver, but soon it will be the Jenner IIC. Afterall, The Jenner IIC was my favorite thing to play in Mechwarrior 2, and It sounds fun to be a super fast SRM boat. Even then, I like the lasers of the clans more than Inner Sphere lasers from a visual+audio point (and I like the extra range).

Medium IS: Never been a fan of most Mediums, but the Griffin/Wolverine being fast with jumpjets and a bunch of SRMs was fun (but i havent played them after quirks came out). Black Jack 3 was really fun due to being able to hillhump shoot 2 ppcs while almost never recieving damage because people would either shoot above me, or hit the ground. However, Now it looks like the Crab is going to be my go-to IS medium, especially the 27SL because of the jumpjets, but I will have to see what the hitboxes and quirks are like. I don't mind using weaker mechs, as long they aren't too weak.

Medium Clan: Can't decide between Nova Prime and Shadow Cat. I've pulled off some amazing matches in the Nova Prime, even though I'm using 12 ER Medium lasers. It's just fun to semi/alpha the lasers by waiting a half second for the other 6 er Medium lasers to go off. Takes a hell of a lot of patience to make that build work, but It's fun to assassinate people with the nova. Shadow Cat will satisfy my need to go fast with jumpjets, and look good while doing it. Not sure what weapons I will use on it most of the time though, there's a lot of options.

(I love heavies for powerful alphas without having to be super slow mainly)
Heavy IS: Splatcat holds some of my favorite memories of MWO, and are my favorite moments from Closed beta (aside from 4 atlas team with some friends when it was 8v8 for a couple days before I got tired of that. It was hilarious). C1 Is probably my favorite IS LRM platform due to 3 medium lasers for defense, a tag laser, and a couple LRM launchers, with enough speed +jumpjets to stay near the front to taunt enemies to chase you down and get messed up by your allies. Dragon would be my backup favorite IS heavy, because it looks, and sounds (the torso twist sounds) are awesome. And I have some fond memories when MWO's meta wasnt so speed based, being one of the fast heavies being able to shred some poor light/medium mechs.
Heavy Clan: Mad Dog of course, dem missiles and high cockpit. But Ebon Jaguar and Hellbringer are pretty close behind in terms of what I'd like after that, but with Ebon Jaguar being in the lead because it looks more fun build-wise and has a nicer cockpit.

(Not a huge fan of assaults)
Assault IS: King Crab because of the AC/40, and quad AC/5. Between getting 6 kills on my first match in the AC/40 jager (thanks to a friend letting me play a single round in it), and seeing how crazy quad ac/5 is on the cataphract 4x, it'd be nice to use a mech that's actually meant to use that firepower, and look awesome while doing it. Though, I do want to try out the Awesome 8R for it's massive LRM alpha (and it still has room for a couple large lasers for backup). Stalker has always had my eye, but I haven't messed with assaults much.
Assault Clan: Not sure if what I want is in the game yet. Dire Wolf looks fun for face melting power, which is what I like in assaults (since most assaults are basically slower heavies in terms of firepower and survivability). Though, due to masc, I might end up liking executioner more. But eh, I don't think the Assault that makes me go "OMG MUST HAVE" is in for the clans yet. Off the top of my heavy only the stone Rhino/behemoth and Turkina would make me want to use a clan Assault.

#35 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

Since I got the wang a few weeks ago I dont think i'll ever use another mech :ph34r:

#36 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

Spider-5D. So damn fun. 245 games in that.

#37 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

I guess I have a soft spot for the underdogs... Dragons, mainly the Flame but also the good old 1C. Also been touching Nova, AWS-9M..

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

My Chassis Preference.

(F)Atlas
Atlas-D-DC
Hellslinger
Atlas-S (present)

You could say I try to carry the world on my Mechs shoulders and wouldn't be wrong. :lol:

#39 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

Clans:
Lazy mode=HBR
Cbill maker= Crow or TBR.

#40 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Interesting that many have multiple 'primary' mechs usually (?) based on weight class.

I guess I am a bit different. It seems as though my primary is whatever mech I am mastering at the time.
Spent all of April and most of May in the hospital, so I am a bit behind on the resistance pack. Just before going in I bought a mastery pack of Black Jacks. Since I got out of the hospital, and have been able to sit up on my own power, I have taken each of those set of mechs and tried to master them.

I play a chassis variant through the basics, then the next variant in that chassis until all are basic complete. then back to the 1st one and get the elite stuff unlocked, 1 variant at a time.

So my 'primary' is whatever chassis I am working on "today"...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users