No replies to this topic

#1 HollowBassman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

Short Version(no pun intended):

Like most, I am very happy to know some of the more oddly sized mechs will get rescaled, but it hit me that if they scale down a couple of the medium mechs to next existing joint height they would then be too short.

I suggest a new joint height for these mediums between their current height and next existing height.

Expanded Version:

It appears that MWO reuses joint height which I assume is for rigging and animating purposes.

There seems to be a large gap between the joint height of the Hunchback(green line mediums), which most consider to be scaled correctly, and that of the Trebuchet/Kintaro(orange line mediums). Rescaling the Trebuchet/Kintaro to the joint height of the Hunchback would make them too small so I suggest adding a new height(yellow line mediums).

Since I'm already on the subject of scale, I included other mechs that, in my opinion, could be rescaled to existing joint heights. I did not include the Awesome nor the Centurion in the pic as they are wide but otherwise a good size and their joint height would not change. Hunchback and Zeus are included only as reference.

The Shadowhawk/Griffin(red line mediums) could drop to the current Trebuchet/Kintaro joint height(orange line mediums).

The Grasshopper(red line heavy/assault) could drop to the current Quickdraw/Victor joint height(orange line heavy/assault).

The Quickdraw/Victor(orange line heavy/assault) could drop to the current Catapult joint height(yellow line heavy/assault).

The Catapult(yellow line heavy/assault) could drop to the Zeus joint height(green line heavy/assault).

Pics courtesy of Ovion
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users