July 7Th Hitreg Expectations?

Gameplay

61 replies to this topic

#1 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am definately super excited to see some improvements in Laser/Hitscan and the other improvements in Bone sync ect with the July7th patch coming up?

What do you guys think?
Will we see an end to invincible lights?
No more getting shot in the front and damage records on the opposite side?
Lasers will finally deal their damage where you were aiming at instead of vanishing into the void?

I've taken 2 weeks off from playing MWO now just in anticipation of the July 7th patch.
Personally, I am really really hoping that I come back to hitreg being much better, and at least some of these issues resolved finally.

#2 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

I expect it to be about the same. Games always claim to have massive improvements, get in and try it, ends up being marginally better or no better.

SO, expect the worst, hope for the best.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

Honestly?

Same poop, different day.

I think there are actual problems with what the client sees and what the server sees, especially on DCed mechs (which I suspect manifests a lot differently depending on the situation).

Edited by Deathlike, 04 July 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

I will reserve my judgement until i see it in-action.

#5 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

If it means my shots actually hit i expect a lot of butthurt.

#6 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

I am nearly sure the effect would be minimal at best.
Maybe improved hitreg here and there... like 1 in a 100. But i wouldn't notice much.

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

i expect lights to change over to ppc and er lasers because there will be no more running into the middle of a lance.

I expect people to stop using the crow because it will now take damage.

I expect the ttk to increase like a mother trucker.

:)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 04 July 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#8 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 04 July 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

i expect lights to change over to ppc and er lasers because there will be no more running into the middle of a lance.

I expect people to stop using the crow because it will now take damage.

I expect the ttk to increase like a mother trucker.

:)

Most of your expectations seem like wet dreams... It would be cool if they come true though (things like crow will be un-pauled when it dies faster)

Also... did you mean ttk or match duration? cause ttk will take a dive... a fast dive.

Edited by Navid A1, 04 July 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 04 July 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Most of your expectations seem like wet dreams... It would be cool if they come true though (things like crow will be un-pauled when it dies faster)

Also... did you mean ttk or match duration? cause ttk will take a dive... a fast dive.

i mean they will die faster because hitreg is going to be soooo dang good now :P hehe

Then again i take so much damage when im not being hit it might stay about the same. Was really lame when you jump off a cliff only to be told you got hit anyway when you're halfway down.

YA im dreaming :)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 04 July 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

are we sure Bone-HSR is coming on the 7th?
im hoping for it, but they did say they may hhave to Wait 2 Patch Cycles,
please tell me its coming on the 7th? Please Post Source?

#11 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

I am with monkey on this one.. imagine that ac 20 to the lights face actually registering instead of them taking a light scratch. Imagine same with crows and feathering jj mechs. Yea ttk will be a thing.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostEider, on 04 July 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I am with monkey on this one.. imagine that ac 20 to the lights face actually registering instead of them taking a light scratch. Imagine same with crows and feathering jj mechs. Yea ttk will be a thing.

I could only hope that my 52 LPL dmg to the Stripped red CT of a Jager actually kills it.......

#13 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

My lights are going to be very sad

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 04 July 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

are we sure Bone-HSR is coming on the 7th?
im hoping for it, but they did say they may hhave to Wait 2 Patch Cycles,
please tell me its coming on the 7th? Please Post Source?

ya they said they're hoping and check more over on
http://mwomercs.com/...-hitreg-coming/ around page 5

Neema said 7th was a good target at the time. He all so answered some peoples questions about what the fix is. He said he will be working on ping fluctuation for a later patch.

View PostTennex, on 04 July 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

My lights are going to be very sad

Maybe or maybe not. I take a lot of laser damage when im not even being hit . I have lots of videos of ppcs registering when they missed by half a mech. This could be improved and might help lights.

Even if lights start dieing off like crazy they will have to buff them until people find they're worth using again.

#15 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

It'd be nice to be able to hit lights and have it actually register the damage where I'm aiming.

#16 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Assuming the patch does what is intended and lights take the correct amount of damage against lasers and such you can bet there's going to be so many tears from Firestarter crutch players.

#17 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

IF the fix really solve the hitreg issue. I expect an increase of Firestarter and Stormcrow pilots on the first 2 days after the patch. Everyone trying out if they still can run through an enemy team (FS) or get focused by multiple mechs for minimum damage (SCR) or just to show everyone their easy mode mechs are still god mode.

Then IF the fix works, there will be a drastical decrease of Firestarters and Stormcrows afterwards. I expect an increase of Locusts, Jenners, Panthers and a lot more Ravens because FS pilots switch to the ERLL ECM Raven. Stormcrow pilots will switch to Clan heavies. Especially to Timberwolves and Hellbringers.

I also expect a decrease of TTK and a sh*tload of aimbot accusations.

Edit: Thx, El Bandito. You're right I meant decrease of TTK

Edited by Norman Kosh, 05 July 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#18 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:58 PM

In addition to what others have said, I also anticipate PPCs will cease to phase through target when they were supposed to hit. That's one of the stuff I really look forward to. There was once my PPCs phased through a Zeus's RT when they were suppose to hit squarely.

I can understand that happening against Crows/Firestarters (but not saying that's reasonable either). But a Zeus.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 05 July 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#19 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

If the improvement works as intended, then it won't be just the lights that will notice and complain about it. When you have bad hit reg, it's bad for any target. It might be that alot of players will find that suddenly their current playstayle is no longer effective.

Also looking forward for improved PPC usage. I think PPC was affected the most by bad hit reg. And as many people experienced problems with PPCs, it seems that the bad hit reg problem is far more widespread than people believe. Which might be also one of the reasons for the laser meta - you often spread the damage and get at least partial damage counted even when you have bad hit reg.

So, hopefully a great patch. New River City, crushing trees and lamp posts, scratching your metal ass on buildings now gives sparks - and on top of that, better hit reg. Sounds like best patch ever ;)

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 04 July 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

IF the fix really solve the hitreg issue. I expect an increase of Firestarter and Stormcrow pilots on the first 2 days after the patch. Everyone trying out if they still can run through an enemy team (FS) or get focused by multiple mechs for minimum damage (SCR) or just to show everyone their easy mode mechs are still god mode.

Then IF the fix works, there will be a drastical decrease of Firestarters and Stormcrows afterwards. I expect an increase of Locusts, Jenners, Panthers and a lot more Ravens because FS pilots switch to the ERLL ECM Raven. Stormcrow pilots will switch to Clan heavies. Especially to Timberwolves and Hellbringers.

I also expect an increase of TTK and a sh*tload of aimbot accusations.

Decrease of TTK, you mean? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users