61 replies to this topic

#21 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:46 AM

Expectation: It will fix all problems and I will become the new king of the laser battlefield.

Reality: Lights will still be running around like ferries that only partially exist in the same dimension that I do and I'll somehow get worse due to other people being able to properly shoot me in my squishy Catapult CT.

#22 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

As an aussie player with 250+ ping, I hope hitreg for me improves noticeably. I imagine those with higher pings will experience more of an improvement than those with lower pings?

#23 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:23 AM

Honestly, it might make my Firestarters more fun to pilot if hitreg is improved to the point where they actually take full damage and the plebs stop playing them. The biggest reason I don't play the Firestarter is because they have this unfair advantage. And even when I actually play pretty well and manage to use my mobility and stealth to avoid incoming fire, people are always going to blame the poor hitreg for the fact that I managed to do well. Which cheapens the victory. Not that I'm some sort of super elite light mech pilot, mind you. But I get good results sometimes.

I imagine the light queue is going to shrink even further if hitreg improves. Which sucks for the game overall, but it's good for me personally. There won't be as much QQ about hitreg from all the people who gave up playing light mechs, because they'll know it's harder than it looks.

Hopefully.

EDIT: Then again, I suppose you'll always have the people who just say "I don't get bad results in light mechs because it's too difficult, I get bad results because it's just not my style."

Edited by Alistair Winter, 05 July 2015 - 03:25 AM.

#24 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:15 AM

Zero expectations as usual.

#25 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

Considering the bone rewinding and other optimizations/bug fixes that are coming, I expect that it won't be a huge improvement to everything but I do expect that it will cut down on ridiculous light mech shenanigans and other really stupid edge cases.

#26 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

I espect to see light cue at 0%. I may never run my mist Lynx again! But really if I can smack down these firestarter and not have most of my damage vanish into thin air.

#27 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

I am optimistic.

For some reason my current plan is to get my available Cbill count to 900 Mil... Hoping to play the game in the improved hit reg era hopefully with Laser mechs.

Else it will be plan B.. Regional Servers.

Edited by ShinVector, 05 July 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#28 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostEider, on 04 July 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I am with monkey on this one.. imagine that ac 20 to the lights face actually registering instead of them taking a light scratch. Imagine same with crows and feathering jj mechs. Yea ttk will be a thing.

You can spot the really bad players because they use JJ feathering as a damage-negating exploit crutch.

#29 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I can't say i'm excited, I will regard it a good patch if it doesn't make things worse, and I don't have to run the repair tool, to get in.

My main reason to look forward to it is the wolverine Hero, been wanting that for a long long time, its arrived way to late in my opinion, but its finally here, and I shall enjoy using it even if its 'D.O.A and brings nothing to the game'

#30 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I have already seen a Dual-PPC Firestarter.....

#31 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 05 July 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

You can spot the really bad players because they use JJ feathering as a damage-negating exploit crutch.

If the player knew how to do that.
I am not sure if he counts as a 'bad player'....

#32 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

I expect an improvement. Especially since they said they found some bugs. However, I do not expect a magical super duper improvement. I think that would be unrealistic

As for TTK: I think it will go further down. Something which I do not relish. The alphas with the idiotic laser spam (sorry for the bad word) is simply getting out of hand.
Another reason for a drop in TTK will be when projectiles register more reliably. During one event I used an Oxide and I can tell you that there were fights were an insane amount of missiles simply didn't register.

As for light mechs:
Some people do forget that not every light mech is a Firestarter or Spider. Heck, today I peeked around a corner with my Black Jack (a medium!) and got one-shot by a EBJ. Everything hit the ST and boom. Yaaay for sitting in an ECM bubble on a low-visibility map.
No surprise that the heavy queue is nearly bursting. You have enough firepower to 1-2 shot several mech designs while being mobile enough to get out of a bad situation (unlike assaults).

I think people will play even less light and medium mechs. And if they do, they will use long-range weapons. Then we will get even more whack-a-mole style of fighting which goes like "big alpha - big alpha - hunker down in cover to cool down - rinse repeat". How boring...

For me this game becomes less and less strategic because the TTK drops further and further. Until a brawler gets close he is so shot up it doesn't take much to finish him off. Well, I guess to each his own.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 05 July 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#33 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

I'm curious to see how the new hitregs will affect mechs with bad hitboxes and mediums in general since whenever some improvement in damage output comes out, Mediums and edge cases seem to suffer.

#34 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

How do you even do that, since it takes 2seconds and half the bar to even lift a Nova off the ground....

#35 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

I hope it improves things a lot, but it won't improve hitboxes on lights. Shame on you for piloting a firestarter, urbanmech, commando or raven.

#36 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

yea but thats 90% of players, yes its a crutch exploited by many especially timbers. Part of what makes them god mode. I will just be happy to have hits register. I full alphad a firestarter yesterday 4 times.. 50 point alpha and somehow it took almost no damage. Took 4 mechs to focus it down all because it was jj.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 05 July 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

How do you even do that, since it takes 2seconds and half the bar to even lift a Nova off the ground....

as for how? you just keep tapping spacebar it doesnt actually have to lift from the ground. The animations playing when it lifts/drops is what does it.

#37 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 05 July 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

The 'mech doesn't have to lift. The JJs simply have to be on for the exploit to happen.

#38 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostShinVector, on 05 July 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

If the player knew how to do that.
I am not sure if he counts as a 'bad player'....

If they have to rely on bugs and exploits to win (or even survive), then they're bad. Hopefully after Tuesday everyone else will be able to see just how bad they are.

#39 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

From my understanding the fix won't actually help you hit anything better, but rather ensure that the actual limb your hitting registers. So it's not going to help you hit the light but rather ensure that the limb you hit is the correct one.

Probably totally wrong though. :P

#40 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Expectation: I no longer watch the paper doll of a mech I just put a full burn on it's CT show as "NOPE! Glancing blow!" because my PING is a steady 45-50 while theirs is anywhere between 110 and 205.

Expectation: I no longer kill a mech a full second after actually killing them.

If the patch meets my expectations, I will buy they Orion IIc pack. Otherwise, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users