#41 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 05 July 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Expectation: I no longer kill a mech a full second after actually killing them.

This happens from gauss/ammo explosion as well tho. So I guess you won't be buying the IIc pack...?

#42 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:06 AM

I expect nothing.

Today i had a Urbie all cored. Full SRM 6 salvo no reg. 2 medium laser within range. No reg.

Flashes all indicated there's a registration, but it didnt die, orange to red CT.

It frustates the heck out of me, the hit registration has is on the highest point since last years. Abnormal!

You can't deny this is laughable yet the WORST game ever regards registration of hits.

Edited by Sarlic, 06 July 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#43 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostRhazien, on 05 July 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

This happens from gauss/ammo explosion as well tho. So I guess you won't be buying the IIc pack...?

You evidentially did not see one of my prior posts in a similar thread about killing a laser vomit Mad Dog (very bad build) with a full burn on it's CT. Had a number of other similar kills when I get a 1v1 versus other mechs (Grasshoppers, Timbers). Trust me, they were not carrying ammo.

Except that Jäger on Sunday. He would have been stupid to carry AC10 ammo in his CT. But that may have been the case since my torso shots were counted as full burn on his CT.

#44 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

Even if PGI would deliver a perfect, ping-tolerant, awesome, science fiction HR implementation there would still people which complain because they can't aim.

#45 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

If hit reg is somewhat fixed after the patch, the world of the light pilot would come crashing down.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but an even roughly fixed hit registration for lights will make them way more vulnerable.

It might finally introduce a little risk for those face hugging SPLaser Firestarters. It will also probably remove the "tankiness" of the Panther as well (which will bum me out).

That's even if the fix is noticable. Either way, should be interesting.

#46 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostTennex, on 04 July 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

My lights are going to be very sad

As are many. Not that I'm defending the "shield" many lights seem to have but as yet, I have yet to benefit from this mysterious item......
If lights die even faster than they do now....who will bring one? Honestly what would be the point? They are the lowest chassis type in the queue now...maybe we should convet mwo into heavy/assault warrior online as mediums will just be outclassed too....
Why bring something with less guns and firepower as TTK will DECREASE.......aplhawarrior online!

#47 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostMacster16, on 05 July 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

As an aussie player with 250+ ping, I hope hitreg for me improves noticeably. I imagine those with higher pings will experience more of an improvement than those with lower pings?

Not sure why everyone with a higher ping assumes that those with a low ping don't have noticeable hit reg issues. I have had a stable ping of 35-40 since I started playing and I can assure you that the hit reg Gods do not discriminate nor are they at all predictable, unfortunately.

#48 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

if spiders, firestarters, jenners take face value dmg ill be impressed barring that i never noticed much in the way of hitreg issues anyway excpet of course the obvious ppc/ac issues

#49 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

I just hope I don't have to lead things that move ~90 kph and faster with lasers. It is weird and hard for me to get used too.

#50 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostBilbo, on 06 July 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Not sure why everyone with a higher ping assumes that those with a low ping don't have noticeable hit reg issues. I have had a stable ping of 35-40 since I started playing and I can assure you that the hit reg Gods do not discriminate nor are they at all predictable, unfortunately.

We generally have those hit regs issues DUE TO the high ping bastiches, they are the reason the server starts barfing on the hit reg, trying to keep track of both the LPB and the HPB, as more often than not, the HPB also have more variance in their ping and packet loss on top of that, so the server can't really tell EXACTLY where they are, or were, and it messes everything up for everyone.

I've noticed that when I start seeing hitreg issues, there is ALWAYS someone on the server with a 250+ ping, every single time. They may be on my team as it doesn't matter that I'm not firing at them, the server is simply having issues dealing with the issues they cause. EA/DiCe had a 250m max ping to stay connected to the official BF2 servers, and this was why, higher pings mess up the hitreg for everyone on the server, pure and simple, it's the downside of serverside auth, HPB's screw it up. Running serverside auth game servers for companies I worked for and as a member of a team paying for the server, always had the same thing, pings over 250m would be autokicked if the ping stayed that high for any amount of time. They mess up the hitreg for everyone, simple as that. Not a new issues, it's been known about for well over a decade, but there's little PGI could really do about it without having regional servers.

We'll have to see what the HSR fixes will do, the bones being added to the HSR will actually make a difference that most folks won't even notice, because unless you are firing at legs/arms, it doesn't really have much influence on what you'll see. It may have some effect on the front/back damage issue, but I don't really think enough to be noticed, since the torso state is already being tracked, but that might be one of the bugs that got fixed. We know bugs were fixed, we don't know WHAT those bugs were and how they affected what we see ingame.

I think most people will say, no matter the real results are, that they see NOTHING has changed and that PGI sucks and can't figure out something SO simple as hitreg. That is based upon my own observation that most people can't actually aim to save their lives, literally, and they blame the game for their failing. Like the guy firing SMALL LASERS at targets 800+m away who complained about broken hitreg, PGI's stupidity, and hackers before he rage quit, his Mech was 99% armor too, no one was firing at him, either laughing too hard to fire or they simply realized he was no threat, as he was going off in All chat the entire time before he rage quit. We have a LOT of players who are horrible shots and they blame the game for that, so I don't expect to see much but the same ole same ole..PGI is inept, they can't even do something SO simple as fix hitreg!

#51 omessiaho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

I expect a lot of quelled egos when people can no loner blame their **** aim on hit reg.

View PostEider, on 05 July 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

yea but thats 90% of players, yes its a crutch exploited by many especially timbers. Part of what makes them god mode. I will just be happy to have hits register. I full alphad a firestarter yesterday 4 times.. 50 point alpha and somehow it took almost no damage. Took 4 mechs to focus it down all because it was jj.

Case in point. This doesn't even make sense. The shot hits or it doesn't, it doesn't kinda hit. Even if the damage is spread 200 is enough to kill a light mech. Also, the timberwolf was fixed. Months ago.

Edited by omessiaho, 06 July 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#52 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

I expect several threads about how "hitreg is still bad" by people who still can't aim.

What I expect in game? I guess a marginally increased sense of quality...but I've never felt MWO was much of a problem to hit people in unless there was some temporary server or network issue, and I don't think this will make much difference at those times.

I also sincerely hope it makes the game a lot better for those people who are unfortunate enough to experience frequent and severe genuine hit reg problems. I seem to be lucky with my connection or something because I don't have those problems with any regularity, but I feel with those who do and I want the game to work for them.

I'm much more excited for having a EU based server so I can have matches where I and everyone else has below 100 ping, that will be wonderful. It's sad that it won't affect CW, but no biggie since our has it's share of rednecks and canucks anyways and we probably couldn't pull off regular EU based 12 mans very often.

Edited by Sjorpha, 06 July 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#53 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 04 July 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

In addition to what others have said, I also anticipate PPCs will cease to phase through target when they were supposed to hit. That's one of the stuff I really look forward to. There was once my PPCs phased through a Zeus's RT when they were suppose to hit squarely.

I can understand that happening against Crows/Firestarters (but not saying that's reasonable either). But a Zeus.

I've seen that Happen to me shooting an Awesome and an Atlas as well.

It's terrible.

#54 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 06 July 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

We generally have those hit regs issues DUE TO the high ping bastiches, they are the reason the server starts barfing on the hit reg, trying to keep track of both the LPB and the HPB, as more often than not, the HPB also have more variance in their ping and packet loss on top of that, so the server can't really tell EXACTLY where they are, or were, and it messes everything up for everyone.

http://media.giphy.c...EAhMs/giphy.gif

Seriously though.. APAC servers Coming Soon™ feel to be minority when it here !
*Oh yes... Didn't have a choice. ;)

Edited by ShinVector, 06 July 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#55 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostMister D, on 04 July 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am definately super excited to see some improvements in Laser/Hitscan and the other improvements in Bone sync ect with the July7th patch coming up?

What do you guys think?
Will we see an end to invincible lights?
No more getting shot in the front and damage records on the opposite side?
Lasers will finally deal their damage where you were aiming at instead of vanishing into the void?

I've taken 2 weeks off from playing MWO now just in anticipation of the July 7th patch.
Personally, I am really really hoping that I come back to hitreg being much better, and at least some of these issues resolved finally.

If lights are so great why do I never see more than 8% lights in que?

#56 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

90% of the playerbase can't aim so they won't be seeing any changes. It still will be terribly 'broken' for them.

#57 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 06 July 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

90% of the playerbase can't aim so they won't be seeing any changes. It still will be terribly 'broken' for them.

I think some of the 90% have already blame people using 'jumpjet bug and exploits' for the next excuse.

#58 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

im guessing firestarters will have to get back to actually being careful after the fix.

especially now that ppc:s + ac:s have been synced again. 30 point pop to the st actually hurts a light mech when it registers

#59 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Expectations are something I no longer have of the game.

#60 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

View Postomessiaho, on 06 July 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

I expect a lot of quelled egos when people can no loner blame their **** aim on hit reg.

Case in point. This doesn't even make sense. The shot hits or it doesn't, it doesn't kinda hit. Even if the damage is spread 200 is enough to kill a light mech. Also, the timberwolf was fixed. Months ago.

Nah it has not been fixed, the nerf was to its lasers. Its mostly a jj issue that anyone with a jj can do. Its worse on timber due to various factors. Imagine a crow with half the shots going through it, now put jj on it. Its something i also use when feeling like douching on my timber. But yes point stands about the firestarters it was downright stupid as it powered down shooting me and still took a coordinated effort to put down.

View PostShinVector, on 06 July 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think some of the 90% have already blame people using 'jumpjet bug and exploits' for the next excuse.

Feathering has been an issue for a while, its something i too exploit.. i mean use as its a game feature! If the game had no bugs it would be on steam long ago. My fav is the teleporting mech, just run into another mech and keep going foward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users