So, No Comment On "quarantine" (New Hero Wolverine) Yet?

52 replies to this topic

#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 July 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Same can be said of the HBK-4G, 4SP, the 4J, and Grid Iron. ;)

Except they were solid before the Quickening, and none of them are gimmick boats after? With the exception of the 4P, which was always a boat by design, all HBKs and CN9s are mixed payloads.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Except they were solid before the Quickening, and none of them are gimmick boats after? With the exception of the 4P, which was always a boat by design, all HBKs and CN9s are mixed payloads.

If you are talking about solid, then the WVRs were solid as well--the tryhards were simply addicted to the Shawk and Griffins.

As for my gimmick comment, I am technically right, since post-quirks, the HBKs are mostly gimmicks.

Edited by El Bandito, 04 July 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 04 July 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

WTF is going on with that AC barrel? :huh:

Seems a tad long.

"The better to disarm you my dear."

TBH, this variant doesn't seem impressive. I know it has all its weapons on the right side, but it's going to run XL most likely, and I never really liked the dakka arm on the 6R.

The overquirking was mostly needed IMO, as it has to rely on that right arm, and as much as I like the 6K (pre-quirks), it was going to be a niche mech outside of the 7K.

This is going to get JJs right? If yes, then it's going to replace one variant that people don't like (but, they are all kinda doing different things) similar to the Fang (the Flame is still the better hero of the two).

I'm not really excited and don't care too much for the Tbolt hero either.

#24 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

I dislike WVRs, deal with it, "mate". Without tard level quirks they are nothing. With those quirks they become gimmickboats.

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 July 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Same can be said of the HBK-4G, 4SP, the 4J, and Grid Iron. ;)

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Hunchback 4G was basicly obseleted by the shadowhawk and the Hunchback 4H.
Hunchback Grid iron was the Hunchback 4G with half the Hunchback 4J on it making it what would be the best hunchback in game before quirks (makes me wounder why the **** it has the strongest quirks post quirkening...).
Hunchback 4SP being the only Hunchie that can use an XL engine and effectively makes it essentually the best hunchie pre quirks.

Wolverine was agile and has similar zombie effects of the hunchback but better profile and jumpjets however doesn't having a motha' fookin cannon on it.

Wolverines can do mixed payloads quite well just many choose not to. -sips a cup of tea-
Personally I always wanted the Wolverine but it isn't on my ta-do list atm.. I am to busy debating if I should buy extra mad dogs/ hellbringers/ atlas/ direwolf / kitfox or start working more into the griffon/ centurion/ commando.

They got enough advantages to pull it out of the water and the missile-specific wolverine was out shinning the hunchback 4SP.

Personally I think all mechs in this game were good and had a place before quirks- the only problem is the variants had issues to shine amongst the others. As well as the meta getting in the way and lack of unique-ness amongst each variant.

I would really like the quirks on most mechs at 30% or less and some possible more dynamic use of positive and negative quirks. for eg you can make a mech very good at say AC 5 work... more velocity. more range... but it has a slight penalty to reload. minor trades like that to help the T1-3 mechs have the similar benefits of a quirked mech at T3-5 in terms of originality.

Not trying to force any opinions on anyone.But I feel that's slightly what is occurring above

#25 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

Its almost as ugly as the Quickdraw Hero. This Hero wolverine speaks volumes about alot of things. Among the most obvious are someone hates the InnerSphere lol and also its a message to players that wanted to get a Wolverine Hero mech, "Save your money" and "F you" haha :lol:

Its a study on the word "repulsive" lol

Edited by Johnny Z, 04 July 2015 - 10:55 PM.

#26 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 July 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

Its almost as ugly as the Quickdraw Hero. This Hero wolverine speaks volumes about alot of things. Among the most obvious are someone hates the InnerSphere lol and also its a message to players that wanted to get a Wolverine Hero mech, "Save your money" and "F you" haha :lol:

I actually quite like this mech and if it wasn't for the fact I am not interested in the Wolverine I would buy it on the spot. I also really love the radioactive theme on it as it matches quite well. the Jumpjets on the Wolverine looking like cooling towers for nuclear generators or barels of radioactive waste while the place the head medium laser often goes looks like a breathing mask, much like one a person working near radioactive waste would ware.

I actually kinda find it brilliant with the theme they did with the Wolverine and I wish they kinda re-do other hero mechs to follow a similar line of inspiration and such... however I also dont...

why? King Crab hero mech... please don't kill my wallet PGI...

#27 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 July 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

Its almost as ugly as the Quickdraw Hero. This Hero wolverine speaks volumes about alot of things.  Among the most obvious are someone hates the InnerSphere lol and also its a message to players that wanted to get a Wolverine Hero mech, "Save your money" and "F you" haha :lol:
phunniest post I read in a while. but yea, things that make you go hmm!

#28 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

PGI saved me a Liao paint job. Thanks PGI!

#29 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Both Hero Mechs do not look interesting to me - so I will pass on them. I am disappointed that the Thunderbolt Hero mech did not come with a customary missile barrel on its shoulder...

#30 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

Looks like what? AC/2, triple MPLs, and dual SRM6s, all on a sword and board platform? PGI could have done a hell of a lot more with the Wolverine than that.

#31 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Might still have a head laser since the mouth box is there, the same when you remove head laser on other wolverine.
The hardpoints promote a sword n board playstyle, add in JJ and it will be serviceable, a jumpy YLW maybe?

Meanwhile, that hero seem to be having PTSD flashback in that image.

#32 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

It can't do AC/20 like the YLW, because it has a hand.

#33 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

It looks like it is supposed to be fired from cover. A sort of keep cover to your left and poke out to take shots with that right arm and right torso. Maybe run a ERLLaser, A/C5, TAG, and 3 LRM5s????

I'm thinking it might have been more useful with the missiles in the left torso. That way you could fire from cover with the right arm, but if it gets blown off (with the right torso), you could change it up and use SRMs the rest of the match (assuming you're running a STD engine).

Either way, it is an odd mech.

#34 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:34 AM

The rellay need to rerthink Gun-Barrels...

#35 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:42 AM

The photo looks to have a bit of a fisheye lens effect going on, so it's length in the pic might be a bit exaggerated. Still, I'm guessing it is long anyway.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 06 July 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

The photo looks to have a bit of a fisheye lens effect going on, so it's length in the pic might be a bit exaggerated. Still, I'm guessing it is long anyway.

that's what she said!

#37 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

that's what she said!

Set myself up for that one lol.

#38 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

Can we lay off the artist who made this and the designer who designed this to hire programmers for cw.

Edited by DeathlyEyes, 06 July 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 06 July 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

Can we lay off the artist who made this and the designer who designed this to hire programmers for cw.

since it was probably designed by a forumite on NGNG, I doubt that will matter, unless you are referring to the paint job itself?

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 July 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Lopsided, ugly paint, etc.

Looks like 2 missile racks in the RT, 3 energy and 1 ballistic in the RA, and oddly, no trademark head laser.
Posted Image

Looks like leftover graphics from Phranken and the Urbie Special Model.

there been any other info released/hacked on it?

So far, gotta say long as I been waiting for new Heroes, not seeing anything too interesting with "Quarantine" or "Top Dog" (the Tallman TBolt Hero).

No DoA, etc...just disappoint. But then, since that's how I feel about the base chassis in mind, not a shock I reckon.

Its very... Green.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users