• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

View Postmikeownage, on 05 July 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

WORST MAP EVER

I am tired of not seeing who is shooting me ....

That's why I love that map :P

#22 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

A few less twigs stopping mechs would be great. Other than that. You have to learn the map. Know where they can shoot at you from on high. Which places are death traps of vines and what have you. Take a UAV with you if you can't figure out where the enemy is. It's especially a huge boon on this map with **** visibility.

THE BOG IT DOES CALL TO ME! IT BIDS ME TAKE MY PLACE AMONGST THE DECAYING CORPSES! MY LASERS SAY OTHERWISE!

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 05 July 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

OP, ive also grown to dislike Bog, because it would drop 1/3 of the time, after 3 days i wanted to drop on therma for a change.

Heat vision dont see through most of the things people shoot me through in Bog.

I spend 2/3 of my time in heat vision and after an hour or so it start dropping my fps more each match to an unplayable level and i have to quit the game and restart it.

Now that heatvision dont see through the smoke in caldera i use nightvision, it ruin most of the fun but i can't play not seeing others who can clearly see me. I used to be able to see through the smoke with heatvision but when i came back i had to reinstall and it's either been fixed or broken.

I gotta ask, what size, resolution monitors are you guys using, that you can't see in normal vision (which I play in 90% of the time, except where appropriate, like RC-Night, Frozen City Day, etc, obviously).

Just curious, cuz it seems most people with issues are laptop players....laptops are fine for work, but honestly even "gaming rigs" are crap for games, IMO. Not saying this is your issue, etc, but I see it a lot.

#24 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

View Posttherealswilly, on 05 July 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

You're really bad at piloting at that point, and map memorization.

New gameplay mechanic: Memorize the hidden rootless path on bog!

#25 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 July 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

I gotta ask, what size, resolution monitors are you guys using, that you can't see in normal vision (which I play in 90% of the time, except where appropriate, like RC-Night, Frozen City Day, etc, obviously).

Just curious, cuz it seems most people with issues are laptop players....laptops are fine for work, but honestly even "gaming rigs" are crap for games, IMO. Not saying this is your issue, etc, but I see it a lot.

1080p, everything maxed except post processing because blur is bad/dumb and AA because i can't afford the good one Multisampling. Maps i use HV/nv are Forest, Caustic, Frozen with blizzard, bog, Mining, HPG, Terra, night maps duh though i sometimes switch the cockpit lights off and dont use hv/nv but only when im shooting very far. I think it's wrong that the day map mentioned are best played with hv/nv.

With heatvision you can see people comming out of cover before they actualy are out of cover because it "bleeds" of if theres only a very small hole in cover then the hv bleeds through.

Edited by DAYLEET, 05 July 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 05 July 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

1080p, everything maxed except post processing because blur is bad/dumb and AA because i can't afford the good one Multisampling. Maps i use HV/nv are Forest, Caldera, Frozen with blizzard, bog, night maps duh though i sometimes switch the cockpit lights off and dont use hv/nv but only when im shooting very far. I think it's wrong that the day map mentioned are best played with hv/nv. With heatvision you can see people comming out of cover before they actualy are out of cover because it "bleeds".

agreed, I have seen this..... it's like a wallhack but is actually PGIs fault. I sat back and gaussed the face off an annoying LL Raven of Bog because of this. I almost felt cheap.... but then I remembered it was a Light Saber Raven, and suddenly didn't feel at all bad. Maybe I shouldn't have toyed with him by taking off limbs first, but...ya know..... nobodies perfect......

#27 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

When Bog first came out lots were thinking, "We finally have a jungle map!". But, after skewing the rate too much to appear, and all the clutter on the ground, very few that I talk to enjoy it.

Just get rid of half the stuff on the ground, clear it up. Get rid of all the vines, sparse the trees up. Everything else is gorgeous. It's just too cluttered...

#28 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostBurktross, on 05 July 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

New gameplay mechanic: Memorize the hidden rootless path on bog!

This post made my day.

View PostCoolant, on 05 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

When Bog first came out lots were thinking, "We finally have a jungle map!". But, after skewing the rate too much to appear, and all the clutter on the ground, very few that I talk to enjoy it.
Just get rid of half the stuff on the ground, clear it up. Get rid of all the vines, sparse the trees up. Everything else is gorgeous. It's just too cluttered...

It seems fairly unpopular. Drop on that map a few times and ask in public chat how people like it. The answers are usually fairly negative.

#29 jlawsl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

Its an annoying map that makes no sense. There is a huge wall around the whole map, then there is the drop zone level filled with water, then a lower level with some water. Its like physics were ignored when making the map, like the water on the top levels wouldn'd just fill the lower ones. Aside from that, there are the 500 ft tall trees with 2000 ft wide canopies that block everything, except thermal vision, which you think they would block very well considering that they are you know, solid plants with 5 ft leaves. But then there are the big problems. The annoying twigs or rotten logs of death, which might as well just say-non jj mechs go here to die.

#30 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

It's actually one of my favorite maps. I like it because it's the most unique map in the game with it's cover and claustrophobic fights.

#31 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

If you think PGI will ever retire a map, you're crazy.

They'll redo, refine, update, tweak, and adjust maps, but never remove them completely; they cost a significant amount of money to make.

#32 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

I like it. As well as Terra and i usually use energy builds.

If you can remember where NOT to step on a map, practice moar.

#33 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

worst map ever with a ton of clutter and things to get stuck on.

#34 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 05 July 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Your face is the worst map ever.
Really...after playing a map for so long you think you'd figure out where the clear routes are.

Posted Image

#35 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

Its their best looking map by far (https://youtu.be/2Suff99I0ms?t=1m38s).

Dont get rid of it, adapt to it.

#36 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

If we knew beforehand which map we are dropping into, then I would have less problem with the Bog. Otherwise, it is a total bitchfest of a map to slog around with my Direwhale, or to use any lurmboats.

#37 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 July 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

If we knew beforehand which map we are dropping into, then I would have less problem with the Bog. Otherwise, it is a total bitchfest of a map to slog around with my Direwhale, or to use any lurmboats.

That, unfortunately, is both impractical and not devoid of potentially undesirable consequences. Admit it, how many would choose to try to wait a bit longer or relog if they know Terra Therma is their next map?

#38 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostScratx, on 05 July 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

That, unfortunately, is both impractical and not devoid of potentially undesirable consequences. Admit it, how many would choose to try to wait a bit longer or relog if they know Terra Therma is their next map?

Let us pick the map like we could in MW4:Mercs, or let us vote on a map. Wasn't that vote feature supposed to make it in a patch? Whatever happened to that?

#39 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

No, keep the Jungle Map, so I can keep torturing people like the OP who don't know how to shoot through concealment. :D

#40 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

The map is hardly random and the clutter is easy to avoid.

If I can do it, then you can too.

I would say what PGI should be adding is a rear view camera button. I don't want this game to become a FPS where you have to give zero thought to your maneuvering- you should be tripping and falling over if you hit knee level obstacles hard enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users