• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

I do 1-3 videos a week and this next weekend I only have time for 1 video as were hosting a new player event on saturday at 1pm pst but I was thinking on making a funny video but will only need about 1-2 hours of people's time to make this video..

I was thinking on sunday if everyone is ok with that but don't know what time yet or after the new player event about 4 or so but let me work out some details on whats going on and if anyone shows on the new player event.

The video is only 1:15 minutes long so dont need much footage to work from but the shots I have to make are epic, working things out at the moment on locations and whats needed but I think I need about 12-16 people, more would be cool for better footage but 12-16 I think is whats required.

Fast Jumpy light mechs are a must, I don't know what types yet but still working it out as of yet...

I dont think the spectator view for MWO is coming on the 21st and might not come at that and looking at the past patches I dont think it will on the 21st but I cant wait that long to make what is on my mind so going for it

In case you want to see my past video's here is my last one I made with some great people that helped out

Thanks in advance

Triskin (OGD)

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

View PostTriskin, on 05 July 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

The video is only 1:15 minutes long so dont need much footage to work from but the shots I have to make are epic, working things out at the moment on locations and whats needed but I think I need about 12-16 people, more would be cool for better footage but 12-16 I think is whats required.

Fast Jumpy light mechs are a must, I don't know what types yet but still working it out as of yet...

I dont think the spectator view for MWO is coming on the 21st and might not come at that and looking at the past patches I dont think it will on the 21st but I cant wait that long to make what is on my mind so going for it

Triskin (OGD)

Triskin, I'll be there.

Also: Spectator mode comes this tuesday, not the 21st. So you don't have to wait long :)

#3 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 July 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

Triskin, I'll be there.

Also: Spectator mode comes this tuesday, not the 21st. So you don't have to wait long :)

From what I was reading on the forum its the 21st patch and they might not have it in their as well but I could be wrong but I will use the NEW river city map for the project...

Would be great if I could get 24 people 4 assault mechs and 20 light mechs but I can make due with 16 or so.. I would just be a 1:15 video and should take about 1-2 hours or less now I know how the system works and you guys know what your doing as well...

Triskin (OGD)

#4 LONGINUS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 July 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

Triskin, I'll be there.

Oh really?: ...from latest roadmap...

UPDATE: currently the spectator update is considered a risk item for July 21st. Every effort will be made to keep this release date but it is possible it won't be ready in time for this patch. If a change is made I will update this post.

#5 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

View PostLONGINUS, on 06 July 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Oh really?: ...from latest roadmap...

UPDATE: currently the spectator update is considered a risk item for July 21st. Every effort will be made to keep this release date but it is possible it won't be ready in time for this patch. If a change is made I will update this post.

Yea thats what I read as well but with PGI anything goes I think...

#6 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:04 AM

Do the lights have to be fast AND jumpy? (I only have the Firestarters for that category. Unless Urbies, and KFXs count).

Also, my KFXs with 2xERPPCs, and 2xUAC2s would be fun for dakka dakka effects.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 06 July 2015 - 02:05 AM.

#7 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

Do the lights have to be fast AND jumpy? (I only have the Firestarters for that category. Unless Urbies, and KFXs count).

Also, my KFXs with 2xERPPCs, and 2xUAC2s would be fun for dakka dakka effects.

I dont know yet, let me goto my boring long drawn out job and become a zombie and while i'm in zombie mode I think out my next project...

They do need to be IS mechs light, fast and jumpy.. is all thats in my mind as of now. They probably will be spiders or jenners but haven't worked out the details as of yet. (remember zombie mode at work) LOL

If need be you can use a trial mech spider or something like that...

Thanks
Triskin (OGD)

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostTriskin, on 06 July 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

I dont know yet, let me goto my boring long drawn out job and become a zombie and while i'm in zombie mode I think out my next project...

They do need to be IS mechs light, fast and jumpy.. is all thats in my mind as of now. They probably will be spiders or jenners but haven't worked out the details as of yet. (remember zombie mode at work) LOL

If need be you can use a trial mech spider or something like that...

Thanks
Triskin (OGD)

I'll probably take a Spider :D

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:10 AM

greetings from germany, we can't watch your video (legally) thanks to music copy rights.

#10 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

View PostLOADED, on 06 July 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

greetings from germany, we can't watch your video (legally) thanks to music copy rights.

There's a country with even worse copy right laws enforcement than the U.S.?

#11 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

There's a country with even worse copy right laws enforcement than the U.S.?

Cannot watch it legally too. We have the GEMA and they suck.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:30 AM

If I'm on you can hit me up. I've got all the Firestarters, Sarah's Jenner, all the Panthers, Urbanmechs, and... 2 Ravens; Huginn and a... 4X? I think? (Also have a 3L, but no jets on that.)

#13 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hey,
If I'm on you can ping me. I can assist. Have most of the IS jump lights except the Panthers. I have the Spider 5D (sold others for the bays but can rebuy if needed). Firestarters. Jenner F (sold others for bays can rebuy if needed). Urbies. Raven Huginn( no 4x).

What time and date did you think you want to try this (I will have to work around my kids sleep schedule as well).

Tiger Dad

#14 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

OK update..

In zombie mode at work I thought out the details of the project... Just a fun thing I was thinking with 24 people would be AWESOME but can do it with 16 would be ok as well...

12-19 light mechs (IS) and 4 Assault mechs(Clan) in the new river city map coming out this week..

The video would only be 1:15 long so about 20 or so shots but 5 of the shots are the money shot so I would have to run the same shot from different view points of the map...The total time should only take about 1-2 hours at most now that I know how the Private rooms are used and if everyone gets in place real quick for the next shot...

The light mechs will be all of one type either Jenner or spiders (they are fast and jumpy), raven would be cool but needs Jump jets and everyone needs one so probably not going with that one, urbies would be awesome but like the raven I don't think everyone has one.

I will give out the TS info (correct this time I hope) for up to 24 people like last time and all thoes from last time are more than welcome to join as well.

Time will most likely be on saturday at 3pm PST (California Time) after the new training thing I have planned but I dont have many new pilots on the forum to train and way too many that are vets willing to help so if push comes to shove then we can just train each other or just kill each other like mad for an hour or two.. then go make a quick video that should take about 1-2 hours..

Let me know if you can make it and let me know what you would like to pilot as well so I can make a list for the end credits and not mess up with Scout Derek like I did last time. I have a excuse though he was the hunchback face down in the dirt :)

anyways thanks in advanced and hope to see you there..

I will up date with names of YES and maybe on wednesday night of who's showing etc...

Edited by Triskin, 06 July 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#15 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

I'll probably be able to help.

#16 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

I'm game.
same TS as before?

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 06 July 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm game.
same TS as before?

yep, same TS.

#18 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

Update

Ok seems my idea on helping new players is not going that well or would have just a bunch of vets playing so going to can that one and just at 3pm PST (California, USA time) we shall get it going just need 16 people or more if we can but 16 would be nice to have 24 but who knows and be using the new river city map to make another group video.

The following are coming
Scout Derek
IraqiWalker
Escef
Tiger Dad
Dirk Le Daring
Navid A1
Kristian Radoulov
LordTzar
DJ push

Need 12 light spiders or jenners but the shoot will be all of one mech depending but mostly be jenners only, I have to look at the mech to see some things. 4 Assault mechs or heavies will be needed as well being shot on two different times and locations so if you have two different ones that would be great.

On Friday night I will give out the TS information to everyone...

Will be shooting two videos as thinking on how its made and the shots will be quick, but linking the two videos into a 2- 2/12 minute video. The second one will need some shots of all assault or heavy mechs..

Anyways I hope that sums it all up and hope to see you there and once again thank you for wanting enjoy some good times and some video time...

Thank You

Triskin (OGD)

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostTriskin, on 08 July 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

The following are coming
Escef

To be clear, that's a soft yes. If I'm on, feel free to hit me up. But I can't guarantee to be on.

#20 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

View PostEscef, on 09 July 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

To be clear, that's a soft yes. If I'm on, feel free to hit me up. But I can't guarantee to be on.

ok put you down for a maybe then... no problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users