• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

Purvo 7 News for 6/7/3052

Posted Image

The Voice of the Chancellor. From Sian to the Fringe of Capellan Space.

Zhong Shao Falls Ill, Rushed Off Planet

FRIDAY, JULY 3RD, 3052 -- Zvolimir "Blackhand" Grebenschchikov was rushed off planet from Purvo to an undisclosed medical facility on Sian. Suffering from intensely .degraded cybernetics doctors on the fringes of Capellan space were at a loss to diagnose and ultimately treat the grizzled old MechWarrior. Unwilling to abandon his post, Blackhand succumbed to the infection that was caused by parts of his eponymous black hand that were in urgent need of replacement.

Blackhand, the Zhong-Shao of the Gatekeepers battalion, is fondly remembered by his men as a philanthropist in service to the Celestial Throne. An amiable, yet stern commanding officer, Blackhand has been known to be as quick with a compliment as he is with the cane.

As of today Blackhand remains in critical condition in the ICU at Maximilian' Liao General

MRBC: 1st Match [HLGK] Is Defeated by Honored Opponents

FRIDAY, JULY 3RD, 3052 -- On the sun-blasted battlefield in early July, two Titanic teams duked it out for honor and MRBC glory. The Gatekeepers' crack team of pilots of HLGK versus the ,Prismatic Hydra Initiative, PHI.

While the Gatekeepers walked away in defeat the overall mood was an upbeat one. The defeat was an opportunity to improve their deadly craft, Better to impress our beloved C. O. on what we hope will be a speedy recovery. We urge our home team on Purvo to remember: "The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

To the MechWarriors of [PHI], this station salutes you.. Good Hunting to an honorable opponent.

PGI Announces 'Mechs to be Rescaled

FRIDAY, JULY 3RD, 3052 --Today PGI, our ComStar affiliate, discovered a massive resealing effort for existing chassis. In an effort to select the first five 'Mechs to get reworked. The finalists of the part 1 voting will be collected for a final part 2 poll to decide which 'Mechs are in the most need of attention.

The polls are open until July 9th, so if you haven't, cast your vote here:

http://mwomercs.com/...chs-for-rescale

Chancellor Sun-Tsu Liao Sends Best Wishes to Zhong-Shao's Bedside on Sian

SATURDAY, JULY 4TH, 3052 -- In a special appearance on Sian, Sun-Tsu Liao, the one true Chancellor to the many worlds of the Capellan Confederation left the Celestial Palace as soon as he was able upon hearing the news of Zvolimir Grebenschchikov's hospitalization .

Grebenshchikov, renowned for his iron will and steel temperament commands the Gatekeepers battalion on Purvo and on missiona throughout the fringe of Capellan Space.. Fighting FedRats since the Fourth Succession War he earned his namesake when he was pinned, and became fused to the right side of his pilot's chair. After an hours long ordeal of being painfully melted into his cockpit, Blackhand was rescued, barely alive by salvage teams. Removing him from the horrific wreckage necessitated major surgery, and left him fighting for his life as he was rushed to the nearest hospital. Unfortunately as is so often the case on the fringes of Capellan space, medical technology is lacking. As a result, Grebenschchikov received a very outdated set of cybernetic replacements for his arm, and spine. The old parts pained him, and requires frequent recalibration.

The hope of all of Purvo is with you, boss. The Gatekeepers need their Zhong-Shao!

The Gatekeepers: Warriors for Peace in the Confederation

SUNDAY, JULY 5TH, 3052 -- In honoring their ailing leader, who ever fought for the solidarity in the Confederation, the battalion has once again issued a call for the altruistic ideal of Franco Liao to be realized. Over the HPG, Stoneblade was heard quoting an uncredited Capellan:

"Today we come together, not as Canopians, Tuarians, St. Ivers, Sarnanites, Liaocians: But as Cappellans. To hold our future, to grasp our potential, to lead the Inner Sphere as CAPPELLANS!!"

More than a Confederation, it is asked of us to band together as the family of humankind the honored Franco Liao envisioned, against the Davion oppressors. For the glory of the Celestial Throne!!

Head Writer: Ken "Archangel" Blackwood
Maskirovka Correspondent :[REDACTED]
Chinese Language Correspondent: Jochi Kondur

Edited by ArchangelKenko, 07 July 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

Memo from the desk of the XO:

"We look forward to the safe return of our Zhong-Shao. Until then: We are the keepers of on the Wall. The Liao Chang-Cheng will stand."

#3 Jochi Kondur

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

祝黑手司令早日康復。

#4 Darrin Call

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

Best wishes and speedy recovery to Zvolimir. Hail Gatekeepers!

#5 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Best wishes to zvolimir. Hopefully he's back soon, hail, hearty and feeling good.

#6 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

I know that most outside of the HLGK unit see our beloved Zhong-Shao as a ruthless dictator that is incapable of caring for the common soldiers in his command. In this I just have to say that all of the rumors are unfounded. I remember the time he stopped the nightly lashings due to the improvement in our morale. He didn't have to stop them, but he cared enough to take notice that the majority of us were starting to have a much better time during company operations.

We in the lower ranks have even noticed the improvement in the food we are served. I mean sure its the leftover meals from the officers tables and sometimes if you don't get to the canteen early enough you miss out on the good bits but what right do we have to complain anyway. It could be much worse. They could just use it to feed the guard dogs like they used to do.

So, I for one support our honorable Zhong-Shao. Zvolimir the Blackhand leads our unit bravely and with great honor to House Liao. Never once has his loyalty faded and never once during my tenure have I seen anything dent the armor of loyalty he presents to his officers or his unit. Get well sir. I look forward to many more battles under your command.

#7 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

Minor problem is taken care of, and now I'm back...and I'm more furious than ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users