#21 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

This is why I suggest not having "Ceasefires" until CW is out of "BETA". The Ceasefire with Marik has turned many mercs away from Liao and Marik. It part of why the Population of our two factions is so low: no one want to fight on one border because of a ceasefire. I know Liao has a low population, but as a faction we should fight on all sides and let the dice fall where they may. CW can only be fun and interesting if their are fights that matter. If we revitalize our fronts, then we can get good games against IS mechs and not have to grind defending all the time.

CW needs this.
Liao needs this.
an dare I say it: Marik needs this.

edit spelling.

Edited by Stoneblade, 10 July 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#22 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

@Murakiagin CW is suppose to be fun, grueling and Border skirmishing: not ghost drops.

Maybe we can get KCom to go Marik so we can have constant border skirmish with a well trained small unit to break our teeth against.

...some reason its not letting me quote post to reply to the post ...

#23 Murakaigan

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 10 July 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

@Murakiagin CW is suppose to be fun, grueling and Border skirmishing: not ghost drops.

Maybe we can get KCom to go Marik so we can have constant border skirmish with a well trained small unit to break our teeth against.

I agree and I did suggest reaching out to Marik units and setup matches, instead of just announcing on our forums that the ceasefire is off. Or maybe reaching out to the Marik leadership and ask for "large scale exercise" along our borders till beta ends.

My point is the truce is active right now, and it has been since shortly after the start of CW. Suspending it shouldn't be something we decided without even consulting Marik, thats how grudges start.

Edited by Murakaigan, 10 July 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#24 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

We have been talking to Marik about this for months, but neither of us have the personnel to start a war. They signed off on it then.

Also, other Liao unit leaders approached HLGK with this notion - one that we've had for a while.

This is ******* idiocy and we're not asking for your permission.

#25 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

The Forlorn Hope Mercenaries were looking for a drop last night, we settled for a IS vs. Clan match... but we'd love some IS vs. IS. We don't want to mess up any treaties/truces. So are we good to attack either front or what?

#26 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostToaster Repair Pony, on 10 July 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

The Forlorn Hope Mercenaries were looking for a drop last night, we settled for a IS vs. Clan match... but we'd love some IS vs. IS. We don't want to mess up any treaties/truces. So are we good to attack either front or what?

Attack both fronts, sir. You are cleared for arrival.

If you want to coordinate, TCAF and HLGK will be putting resources toward both of these fronts. Hit up TCAF in the NA Afternoon and HLGK in the NA Evening.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 July 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#27 Murakaigan

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

What the hell are you talking about?

We have been talking to Marik about this for months, but neither of us have the personnel to start a war. They signed off on it then.

Also, other Liao unit leaders approached HLGK with this notion - one that we've had for a while.

This is ******* idiocy and we're not asking for your permission.

Chill dude if you have problem with other members of my unit that between you and them. I have been nothing but cordial in this discussion. And looking in our forums there has been no mention of discussion with Mariks. If you have good on you. Maybe put in the initial post with something like "After discussing with marik leadership we have agreed to cancelled the cease fire" then we all be on the same page.

#28 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostMurakaigan, on 10 July 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Chill dude if you have problem with other members of my unit that between you and them.

I have no idea who you are. What I'm tired of are Liaoists who regularly make the wrong choice for the community at large and I have no more patience for each person who thinks their idea are new, or that the Command Staff hasn't made a far-ranging prognostication as to the results of our actions.

I have been nothing but cordial in this discussion.

No, you came in here all huffy.

And looking in our forums there has been no mention of discussion with Mariks. If you have good on you. Maybe put in the initial post with something like "After discussing with marik leadership we have agreed to cancelled the cease fire" then we all be on the same page.

With who?

Oh yeah...those guys. I've been talking with "Marik leadership" since the nSL catastrophe - until they all evaporated. We stopped posting that info when the Liao community vomited all that hate on us WAY BACK WHEN. Why in the **** would we tell you anything? You would immediately **** all over it, then suggest it yourself a few days later.

I think we'll keep our own counsel on what to do, instead of asking random Liao what they think. Not that any have ever helped HLGK accomplish anything - they just think they have some sort of "say" in what we do.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 July 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#29 Murakaigan

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

I think we'll keep our own counsel on what to do, instead of asking random Liao what they think. Not that any have ever helped HLGK accomplish anything - they just think they have some sort of "say" in what we do.

Oh this is just about the Gatekeepers? With a title like Renew CW Initiative I thought you are calling all of house Liao. My Bad
Good luck on your offensive.

Edited by Murakaigan, 10 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#30 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostMurakaigan, on 10 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Oh this is just about the Gatekeepers? With a title like Renew CW Initiative I thought you are calling all of house Liao. My Bad

My point exactly.

#31 Real men have back dimples too

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAc2Pdb9uj4

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 July 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Uh, you do know that the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League have a longstanding truce, right?

Nothing lasts forever.

This is a matter of doing what must be done to breathe some life back into faction warfare, and increasing match options for those on both sides of the border.

View PostGorgo7, on 09 July 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Ha! If the Gatekeepers can pull a twelve man together they can attack Marik! HA!

Is it really neccessary to mock our small numbers?

Sadly some can't see the forest for the trees...

#32 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

You guys think not being able to offer CW matches for people with Liao contracts will make them stay with Liao? Maybe you have a low population because there is no action in this faction? Bring some action, and the population will grow. Why do you think some units joined Frr after the hardcore event although it had no planets left ..

#33 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostKulu, on 10 July 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Sadly some can't see the forest for the trees...

But we can knock the trees down in River City... no more forest! :D

#34 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

Gentlemen please; there's plenty of you to farm for everybody. Who wants to go first?

#35 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 10 July 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Who wants to go first?

HLGK.

#36 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 10 July 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Gentlemen please; there's plenty of you to farm for everybody. Who wants to go first?

We were just Jade Falcons a few days ago... CW wants you to take Tharkad it seems. You'd be no where near Liao.

#37 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostMurakaigan, on 10 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

(Yeah the quotes work now)

Let me point this out: I started this post to renew interest for the WHOLE FACTION, not just the Loyalist units. Those Mercs who are coming here for mech bays? Let get this going. Although [FLH] has some members that opening mock my unit in every match I see them: I hold no grudge against them. I want them and other units to enjoy CW on the Liao front. In order to do that: we have to have open attack lanes. As a small faction: we have to form CW groups using the LFG tab. Do I run around jumping up and down about unit sizes? NO. Because it is pointless. Just because your unit has XXX ammount of members doesn't mean you have 100% attendance to all things your unit does, so unit size doesn't matter vs the POPULATION of Liao players online to perform CW.

Bottom line: Start creating CW groups, add your group to the LFG tab(Invite only or everyone can join option is your choice), spam faction chat, PLAY CW on the Liao Fronts.

Done.

Is that really so hard for players to understand?

#38 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

I am not going to bother quoting because there is just too much here.

First, Zvolimir, you are much better off letting Stoneblade talk while you command from the back. You are the first one to be huffy and your overbearing tone that YOU are the command staff for all of Liao is rather off putting and inaccurate. Stoneblade is offering up some good points, while you throw a tantrum and kick sand in someone else's face because they dare question you or talk to you. Also, make sure that your righteous anger is actually in alignment since this thread isn't about just HLGK going to war with Marik, but the entire faction.

Secondly, Stoneblade, your heart is in the right place but it wasn't necessarily the best way to communicate it. This hardly seems like the Marik players were aware and if this was truly something supported we wouldn't have the surprise. We do not have a unified House leadership, so this shouldn't be a back channel deal anyway. If the Marik's are up to putting some fights for planets during Beta and then resuming our truce when (and if) CW goes live then awesome. Let's start up the negotiation. Simply declaring a date and a line in the sand to start actions is as Mura said " A good way to start grudges". I have no interest in starting grudges. To an extent I hope that PGI breaks canon (further) by putting a clan or two on our side of space in the next Beta so our alliances actually matter... but I digress.

You are also right about unit sizes, but ultimately what does it matter if we ghost drop purple or yellow. Both sides have the luxury of not showing up and stifling us. Unfortunately I think PGI is just fine with that.

At this time, 4TCR will not be participating as a unit in attacking Marik space. It seems to me that Marik has it's own problems with Clan Wolf so there would be little reason to drop in Liao space.

Marik players and unit leaders, feel free to chime in.

#39 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Our dropships are usually always in LFG and we welcome anyone in our public TS channel who wants to play CW with us. We have the manpower to start battles and keep them going. Use our coordination and together we can reach a lot. And yes we are humans, we do not always win. But we are willing to improve and compromise. So should you ..

#40 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 10 July 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Although [FLH] has some members that opening mock my unit in every match I see them: I hold no grudge against them.

One pilot... He's like that little brother that will not stop instigating everyone. Poke it with a stick until it bites... then poke some more to make sure.

Aku, we love to hate 'em.

^.^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users