#1 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

Starting next week, House Liao should renew the CW Push on the Davion/Marik Fronts.

This gives us time to get over the grind from the Hardcore Unit Event.

So, starting Monday July 13th: Don't drop against Clan unless the Clans are attacking Liao planets.

As a house lets get this going again.

When you form a CW group, add it to the LFG tab. If you are a solo CW player: add yourself to the LFG tab. 12 mans get drops, solos and small groups can time-out...

#2 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:37 AM

Uh, you do know that the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League have a longstanding truce, right?

#3 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

Be interesting to see another faction getting poked on 4 sides instead of being poked on 4 sides

#4 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 July 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Uh, you do know that the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League have a longstanding truce, right?

Who is playing CW in the Free Worlds League? If no one is active, then there cannot be a truce, right?

#5 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostBSK, on 09 July 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Who is playing CW in the Free Worlds League? If no one is active, then there cannot be a truce, right?

Have fun with your ghost drops then...and good luck explaining your raids with the Liao leadership.

#6 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 July 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

and good luck explaining your raids with the Liao leadership.

Non-existing to me.

#7 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

If Davion won't show up, will you?

#8 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, but no one will fight us at all now. Might as well have purple ghost drops as well as yellow.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 09 July 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Have fun with your ghost drops then...and good luck explaining your raids with the Liao leadership.

Buddy, we ARE leadership in House Liao. There's no more cohesion between units here, but a few of us have talked to one another and we've decided it's no longer an issue, since Marik has never really returned friendship or aid.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 09 July 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#9 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostBSK, on 09 July 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Disagree. There can still be a truce. If no one is active in FWL, it means the truce is in no danger of breaking unless we break it.

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 09 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Yeah, but no one will fight us at all now. Might as well have purple ghost drops as well as yellow.

...but why? Are there really so many people idle that you can ghost drop 2 fronts at once? :)

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 09 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Buddy, we ARE leadership in House Liao. There's no more cohesion between units here, but a few of us have talked to one another and we've decided it's no longer an issue, since Marik has never really returned friendship or aid.

As far as I'm concerned there was no way for either Laio or Marik to truly aid each other up till now. Only now that clans can attack Marik can Liao actually 'aid' them, by helping defending Marik planets. This is the first chance for Liao to aid Marik, so let's aid them. :)

Friendship on the other hand consists mainly of not attacking each others' planets. I don't know of Marik making any organized attempts to attack Liao planets. There was if I recall a planet or two they attacked in Beta 2 (most likely some rogue/merc units), and in Beta 1 they did capture some planets from Davion that rightly belonged to Liao, but this was b/c Marik got first shot at them due to attack algorithm weirdness. Neither of these I hold against them in any way.

Call me sentimental but there's no gain and only bad blood to be had by attacking Marik.

Let's keep to attacking Davion and if bored we can always defend Marik against the Clans.

Edited by Rahul Roy, 09 July 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#10 Lucity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 108 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostRahul Roy, on 09 July 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Disagree. There can still be a truce. If no one is active in FWL, it means the truce is in no danger of breaking unless we break it.

...but why? Are there really so many people idle that you can ghost drop 2 fronts at once? :)

As far as I'm concerned there was no way for either Laio or Marik to truly aid each other up till now. Only now that clans can attack Marik can Liao actually 'aid' them, by helping defending Marik planets. This is the first chance for Liao to aid Marik, so let's aid them. :)

Friendship on the other hand consists mainly of not attacking each others' planets. I don't know of Marik making any organized attempts to attack Liao planets. There was if I recall a planet or two they attacked in Beta 2 (most likely some rogue/merc units), and in Beta 1 they did capture some planets from Davion that rightly belonged to Liao, but this was b/c Marik got first shot at them due to attack algorithm weirdness. Neither of these I hold against them in any way.

Call me sentimental but there's no gain and only bad blood to be had by attacking Marik.

Let's keep to attacking Davion and if bored we can always defend Marik against the Clans.

We agree, we do not wish any confrontation with Marik as the population of Liao can barely fight Davion on a consistent basis.

#11 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Ha! If the Gatekeepers can pull a twelve man together they can attack Marik! HA!

Besides, the Wolf are at the door why piss off our ally?

Is Zvolimir a plant from the Clans?!?

Do the Gatekeepers "Guard the gate" in order to open it for the Wolf?

Questions, questions...

#12 Syndrome Stoned

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

There is NO reason to attack the FWL, they pushed north of us, to give the Dav-rats a 3 front war, and that in turn forced the Davions to back off of our worlds.

#13 Baron Wasteland

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

I've always valued our truce. If you feel attacking us would improve your CW initiative, either we will defend or we won't. I don't think ghost drops are very fun, so I don't see how that would help you. If we do some friendly skirmishing, that would be fun.

I think we could fight and remain friends, but in that case it's better to plan it so we can get groups together. If you're hungry for planets, I'd wait until after Beta 2 when owning planets might actually mean something. :)

#14 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Now is not the time to be fighting with our Marik allies. Instead we should be celebrating the betrothal of Isis Marik to our new Chancellor, Sun Tzu Liao!

The best way to wish the young couple well is to join forces and drive back the Davion border until the two of them can celebrate our alliance by dancing on Hanse Davion's grave!

#15 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:15 AM

RP Hat off -

Sorry, I just want fights against the Inner Sphere. I'm tired of only finding matches against the Clans. If that means that we have to fight Marik because Marik shows up, then so be it. Until they remove the "BETA" Tag from CW, Truces are a ******* joke. Sorry I even suggesting using the LFG function of the game to help with Liao drops.

To the other two units from Liao that have responded: Did I attack your unit or make a joke of it? No. I expect the same from you. This is the **** that needs to stop. Read the original post. This is about getting drops, not holding some truce that doesn't matter until the "BETA" tag is removed. Marik and Liao have the lowest population, because of the Marik/Liao Truce. Mercs who change factions are only going to populate factions where they can get fights. Look ate the "Hardcore Unit Event" look ate the numbers that turned out for the top 5 of each faction. If the [4 20] Smoke Jays didn't play Liao for it, then you could see how similarly small both Marik and Liao are.

But I digress: Because I wear a unit tag you attack me for no reason but expect me take it politely and calm.

Truth is: if we want CW to be beneficial for all parties, if we want PGI to listen to our input on how to Improve it: Then we have to play it our way. Show how pointless it is to sit here and play it. Record your sessions and send it to them to watch. Give them true Q&A feedback, not just "SH*t's Broke yo" talk.

Edited by Stoneblade, 10 July 2015 - 06:24 AM.

#16 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

No offence intended.
If we could actually pull off a Marik vs. Liao fight it would be fun for an evening.
Recently, whenever Davion has shown up to defend we have (happily) won for the most part. After winning a match they tend to evaporate and it has been back to the clans...we have no interest in ghost dropping.
I personally don't like fighting the clans. However, we need the practice. They are on our doorstep and we may not have a choice.

#17 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 10 July 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

No offence intended.
If we could actually pull off a Marik vs. Liao fight it would be fun for an evening.
Recently, whenever Davion has shown up to defend we have (happily) won for the most part. After winning a match they tend to evaporate and it has been back to the clans...we have no interest in ghost dropping.
I personally don't like fighting the clans. However, we need the practice. They are on our doorstep and we may not have a choice.

(I was editing my response when you posted, FYI)

#18 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Dear Liaos, seriously:
Every other faction in the game has frontiers to at least 4 other factions, most more than that. (Wolf clan borders 8 other factions.)
You have two.
And you of all make that "longstanding truce" to have to fight only ONE other faction.
You afraid of that purple eagle? Cowering in some corner with a roof over it so that bird can't swoop down on you? Adding to that, afraid of the least populated faction in this game?
Seriously, even with no truce you would literally have HALF as many enemies as EVERYBODY else, and that's not even taking lower Marik player numbers into account.

Let me thank, and exclude from this, the Liao pilots frequently helping to defend IS planets from the clans. But I bet those fine ladies and gentlemen are deeply embarassed inside for your leadership's politics.

#19 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 10 July 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Dear Liaos, seriously:
Every other faction in the game has frontiers to at least 4 other factions, most more than that. (Wolf clan borders 8 other factions.)
You have two.
And you of all make that "longstanding truce" to have to fight only ONE other faction.
You afraid of that purple eagle? Cowering in some corner with a roof over it so that bird can't swoop down on you? Adding to that, afraid of the least populated faction in this game?
Seriously, even with no truce you would literally have HALF as many enemies as EVERYBODY else, and that's not even taking lower Marik player numbers into account.

Let me thank, and exclude from this, the Liao pilots frequently helping to defend IS planets from the clans. But I bet those fine ladies and gentlemen are deeply embarassed inside for your leadership's politics.

This is one of the reason CW has almost died and I why I never went back to Liao despite them being my favorite House in the lore of the game. Going with the Fed Suns at least you had the Liao and Kurita guys consistently attacking and on occasion the Marik guys. Now if for some reason one of them had a truce with the Davs it would be a different story. People go where the games are and limiting your already limited opportunities for games is going to kill your faction. And don't say it's about holding planets because that doesn't me **** right now. Look at the FRR they hardly have anything and we still have fun. It's about actually playing the game, unless you'd rather be in charge of a member less faction because you have to up hold your truce.

#20 Murakaigan

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

Breaking the truce unilaterally starts grudges and when the beta ends, people will be looking to settle those grudges. We Liao with consistently low population will be stuck between 2 much larger houses. We all saw what happened when just the full might of the fedrats was focused on us.

Most of us who are still active Liao are probably loyalists; we are here for the long haul. I'm all for setting up friendly matches with Marik, but let’s not jeopardize a beneficial strategic relationship with Marik just because we don’t want the hassle of reaching out to them and setup some skirmishes. Not to mention quicker/better matches if we are all showing up to have fun.

Edited by Murakaigan, 10 July 2015 - 08:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users