Clan UAC ultra auto cannon

18 replies to this topic

#1 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

with the recent buffs to clan uac's i have been noticing many more jams then usual, due to the ability to shoot much faster, unless there has been some additional tweaking under the hood?

i used to be able to shoot off 2-3 double bursts with all brands of cannons, but these days i feel like i can barely shoot out 2 full ultra volleys.

how does the double tap math work? and why is it impacting badly on our guns.

i know we can now shoot about double if not triple rate compared to the cannons before the buff in july, so if i were to guess, the damage should be the same, just much shorter, but i still FEEL like i am doing less, since my guns are always jammed [read:feels like]

#2 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

I've been swapping back and forth between CUACs and CACs. My ammo usage has been practically the same. I guess this means I'm bad at the double tap.

Edited by Ryokens leap, 09 July 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#3 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostRyokens leap, on 09 July 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

I've been swapping back and forth between CUACs and CACs. My ammo usage has been practically the same. I guess this means I'm bad at the double tap.
and how often are you jamming?

#4 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

LOL. I've got my hands full just hitting targets and staying alive, I have no brainpower left to count UAC jams. I jam them enough that I won't run CUACs unless it's a loadout with 2 or more on board, single cannon is Twilight Zone CAC. I would probably drop CUACs altogether if CACs got a cooldown module.

Edited by Ryokens leap, 11 July 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#5 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

I currently run 3 uac5 on one of my ebon jags. At least one jams after the first volley the other two I find shoot faster, if two jam then the third fires really fast compared to having all 3 up. I don't know if this is intended or not but running uacs in a grouping I haven't had issues never had all three jam at once. Now if I was running a solo ac it would be a regular ac and not a uac

#6 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

I've always had bad luck with the Clan UACs in terms of jamming. My 3xUAC5 EBJ will usually get at least 1-2 simultaneous jams on all cannons per game.

My 3xUAC5 Ilya Murdermech usually gets a 3x jam once in 5 or 6 games.

I don't know if the recent changes made it any worse though.

#7 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

I been noticing this too :/

#8 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

does anybody know the jam mechanics? the clan cannons definitely seems to be jamming significantly more often.

#9 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:25 PM

Some Clan mechs have a jam reduction quirk to some pods. Warhawk with the right pods gets 30% jam AND Cooldown...which is a double edges sword.

But it is random, pump that button, you roll the dice.

Snake eyes can come up a lot when you need it not to.

#10 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Seems to be related to how long you hold down fire. The UAC can jam any time in the fire cycle when the fire button is depressed, including the microsecond you start firing and in the miniscule delay after you let go, even on the first shot. I run a Summoner with a single UAC20 and a Warhawk with double UAC10s, and even before jamming quirks went in, I rarely had issues. Yes, I still get jams, but I can usually get at least 5 double taps off before I run into problems, simply by clicking as quickly as I can for each shot and not holding the trigger.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostRyokens leap, on 09 July 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

but c-uacs are better than c-acs even when they are single tapped

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 11 July 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#12 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 11 July 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

but c-uacs are better than c-acs even when they are single tapped

Ya, but I'm sick of having a jammed weapon when someone is up in my face.

#13 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostRyokens leap, on 11 July 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Ya, but I'm sick of having a jammed weapon when someone is up in my face.

C-UACs don't jam when they are used with single-bursts. You only roll the dice when you doubletap. That's why C-ACs are literally useless. (They are meant to be placeholders btw)
IS-UACs have a chance to jam even when not doubletapping. Every shot rolls the dice. So you better smash the hell out of IS-UACs.

#14 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostMotroid, on 11 July 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

C-UACs don't jam when they are used with single-bursts. You only roll the dice when you doubletap. That's why C-ACs are literally useless. (They are meant to be placeholders btw)
IS-UACs have a chance to jam even when not doubletapping. Every shot rolls the dice. So you better smash the hell out of IS-UACs.

Ya, been in since 2011, I am aware, as well as increasingly bored.

#15 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I wish we had a choice between double tap and hold to double fire. I think many people have the perception of frequent jamming because they're double tapping when they mean to single fire, and have the recycle timing just a little off. I believe the way it is now, you can double fire anytime within the cooldown window following the first shot, and therefore you can jam anytime in that window.

Ideally I would have the mechanic be as follows:
- Click once to fire. Can't double fire until the weapon has recycled; no jam chance.
- Click once to fire, and hold to double fire. Weapon may jam after the first shot is fired.

Edited by process, 13 July 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#16 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

View Postzudukai, on 10 July 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

does anybody know the jam mechanics? the clan cannons definitely seems to be jamming significantly more often.

bump,

thread: https://www.reddit.c..._a_buff_at_all/

mentions a 17% chance to jam for the cUAC/20, since i do not have a reddit account, does anybody know where Mcgral got that information?

Edited by zudukai, 16 August 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#17 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

I was dropping in my UAC20 Puma last night and in about half of my matches it jammed after the very first shot. On the other hand, there were matches where it happily puked up 200 damage or more before failing. Seems pretty random to me... and I haven't yet had it jam before it fires, which has definitely happened to me with IS UAC5 (once with all four guns on a Dakkacrab... that was not fun).

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

View Postzudukai, on 16 August 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

bump,

thread: https://www.reddit.c..._a_buff_at_all/

mentions a 17% chance to jam for the cUAC/20, since i do not have a reddit account, does anybody know where Mcgral got that information?

It's in the XML files for the game. Alternately, you can look the numbers up on Smurfy.

They are:

14% for C-UAC 2
15% for C-UAC 5 (Same as the IS version)
16% for C-UAC 10
17% for C-UAC 20

#19 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

I use UACs and really don't see a problem. Despite jamming, they have better cooldown than regular ACs and less crit space needed than AC and LBX. UACs don't need a fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users