Implement Fines

28 replies to this topic

#1 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

1. Fine of 1,000 c-bills per point of Friendly Fire - Objective is to cut the wanton FF
1.a. Increase the Fine for Team Kill to 100,000 c-bills or entire earnings for match if that is not possible

2. Fine of between 20,000 and 50,000 c-bills (more???) for self kills - Objective to cut the amount of people who do this to deny the opfor (opposing force) a kill.

For #2 the variations should take into account how they self killed did they overheat in the middle of a fire fight vs going out of bounds vs jump jet self kill...

3. Team treason, not sure how to implement this, but anything from reporting location of team mates to hiding/powering off and disconnecting (powering off is a legitimate tactic and should not incur a fine, but if you power off and DC 90+% its on purpose and should be fined)

#2 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

1. Rather than a fine, call it a repair bill. Some degree of friendly fire can be expected, and this terminology might come across as a bit more appropriate.

1a. No thx. This would only work in a world where people don't jump into each other's firing lines.

2. Sounds good as long as it doesn't affect private matches.

3. I'm not sure if there's a good metric for determining who is gamebreaking and who isn't. Sometimes, it's okay to announce when players are running off and not doing anything to win the game. Or maybe they are trying to win, but make terrible decisions which look like stalling? Not sure if there's a good enough solution to this.

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

I like both of these posters' ideas.

#4 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hell no. The number of lights who think running at full speed across my assults line of fire is insane. Im not oaying for their stupidity.

#5 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostFirewuff, on 13 July 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hell no. The number of lights who think running at full speed across my assults line of fire is insane. Im not oaying for their stupidity.

As opposed to all the fine Mechwarriors who don't care that a teammate is between them and the enemy when they open fire...

#6 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

I believe most of the american constitution and the bill of human rights strongly emphasises the right of every individual man and woman to be an A**hole..

So let's not be all third reichy and punish people for being... different.

Most of team kills are not the fault of the "killer" but the "killed" for stepping in front of my AC20 or full Laser Alpha.. In cases where a team member spontaniously turns around and goes on a killing spree on his own team.. well we report that anyway. No need for extra punishment

As for suiciding...

Overheating is litterally "a heat of the moment thing" (pun intended) - not really intentional in most cases

Running out or bounds - well, those are often intentional, but hey everybody has a right to commit sepukku if they so choose. Prolonging a match when you'v got 23 people just itching to go again can be tedious, especially if you'r a stick.

Powering down to not give a kill..well, also, I believe it's a legitemate tactic.. it forces the enemy team to "earn" a kill, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you dont wanna spectate, you can quit match.

Powering down and disconnecting.. well, ok, that is douchy.. Punish that, for it is a pure act of sticking it to everybody on the field, your own team included.

Revealing the coordinates of a powered down team mate that refuses to give a free kill but HAS NOT DC'd.. well, that's outright treason.. if you were in my unit, that would be a courtmartial-able offence. Really douchy.. but hey, people have a constitutional right to be A**holes...

Edited by Vellron2005, 14 July 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#7 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

no fine for self kills, you are not obliged to get a kill from that enemy, you know, work for it, aim better or something

to prevent team treason they should forbid /all chat for dead players and introduce a voluntary option to surrender (leave the battle, not counting as death) for the last mech if it's not spotted for a minute or two

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 14 July 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 14 July 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

to prevent team treason they should forbid /all chat for dead players and introduce a voluntary option to surrender (leave the battle, not counting as death) for the last mech if it's not spotted for a minute or two

I agree with preventing all chat for dead players, but in a different manner... they should simply censor it like they censor curse words.. so anytime someone types in anything like a grid location or coordinates, it shows up as *****... also, optimise for common work arounds to censorship... so censor G5, G.5, G_5, gg55, Gblah5 and all that.. This would only kick-in when one of the teams reaches 10 kills.

And on the other thing, also a good idea... when there's only one mech left, or even 2.. if not spoted by sensors for 2 minutes, game reports win - enemy retreated.

Surviving mechs do not count as kills, but as truly retreated.. and those that retreated should get a reward for being stealthy and smart enough to not get themselves and their expensive battle machine blown up.. something like 5.000 c-bills.

An exception is if the game is tied... then nothing happens, and both must wait for 15 minute mark..

Edited by Vellron2005, 14 July 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#9 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:36 AM

Can we have a fine for standing behind friendlies and blocking them from backing up? That sh** is as bad or worse than FF.

#10 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

YOUR ASSAUT LINE OF FIRE well its true for yours own eyes maybe not for theirs ( they have something else to look more important than a teamate far away )...

In fact use yours eyes and don't shoot at will if you see a teamate trying to kill an ennemy and you will not lose lots of money ( it seem right now you should lose a lot... ).

Edited by Idealsuspect, 14 July 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 14 July 2015 - 03:36 AM, said:

Can we have a fine for standing behind friendlies and blocking them from backing up? That sh** is as bad or worse than FF.

Or implement a mechanics, where reverse speed mech will "bulldozer" mechs behind. roll them from the path without any trouble. easy peasy.

there should be colission damage, and ofc, my 100 tons, shouldnt break 1% of armor while behind standing raven should get 10-20% off, while he is so stupid and stay, right behind my leg.

Edited by Titannium, 14 July 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#12 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 14 July 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

YOUR ASSAUT LINE OF FIRE well its true for yours own eyes maybe not for theirs ( they have something else to look more important than a teamate far away )...

In fact use yours eyes and don't shoot at will if you see a teamate trying to kill an ennemy and you will not lose lots of money ( it seem right now you should lose a lot... ).

I think his point was he lined up a valid shot and pulls the trigger the same second a teammate decides to just run right in front of him. It has nothing to do with him using his eyes, it has to do with the other pilot not paying attention to his surroundings and stepping in front of an assault with a shot lined up.

Basically there are too many variables to be able to start leveling hefty "fines" and punishment on people when the possibility of false fines is too great.

If someone goes nuts and attacks the team, report them (try to record if you have that ability), there, easy, done, move on.

I DO like the idea of a small fine for friendly fire, it has to be designed so that it is minor for those accident cases, but punitive for the repeat offender and glory hog. Something like 1 cbill per point of damage for the first case per match (so that suicidal light darting in front of an Atlas, the Atlas will only lose 40-50 cbills). The SECOND time you cause FF, it's 50 cbills per point of damage, the 3rd time it goes to 100 cbills per point. Heck, why not add a triple penalty if multiple instances happen within 5 seconds or something LOL

#13 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

I know the feeling. You have a great shot all lined up. Click the mouse just as someone decides to stand right in your line of fire so they can shoot also. I would hate to see these people out on a gun range.

#14 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

A fine for any FF short of a TK, which is already fined, seems ready made for trolls to take advantage of.

#15 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 14 July 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I know the feeling. You have a great shot all lined up. Click the mouse just as someone decides to stand right in your line of fire so they can shoot also. I would hate to see these people out on a gun range.

And well there is lag/ping issues too .. how many time with gauss or AC20 i hit a friendly back even they werent in front of me in my client view but well i touched them ... now i don't use thoses sorts of weapons often.

Damn need a video for explain thoses sorts of lag/ping issues sometime we all have ( i guess ), warping, ghost move, redoo shake when someone walk on you.

#16 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Or just negate friendly fire........

#17 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 14 July 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Friendly fire helps to keep people honest. Not wanting to take fire to the back just to get a kill is a good thing.

#18 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 14 July 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Yeah, then we could just allow a game mode with infinite ammo, maybe some power ups for shields and health....

Or......people could play the battle simulator like it's meant to be and be better mechwarriors.

Just a thought........

#19 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

To all those light pilots who are pissed they get shot in the back for jumping in my fireing line.. ever try walking BEHIND an assault actively engageing an enemy? just an idea... think about it.

To all those pilots not wanting to back up when a mech in a tight space in front of them is backing up... he probably has good reason..

So..

Use me as a meat shield ONE MORE TIME.. and I might just turn around and alpha YOU in the face.. team kill's be damned, you deserve it you coward. Learn tactical movement dammit! :P

Edited by Vellron2005, 15 July 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#20 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Another week goes by and I've been TK'd three times by people who "have" to get a hit in on the enemy mech I'm fighting....

MORE PENALTIES PLEASE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users