Implement Fines

28 replies to this topic

#21 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

So what does this mean on Terra Therma when every team is halted at the chokepoints. When a rush starts and falls apart, everyone gets the penalty?

I like the penalty. But in brawling areas where Cheetahs are running aaaaaaall over the place... You got my vote. I hate those annoying twats. Not supporting, just running around as the ecm-Firestarters that they are. Cocky. They just get in the way. It must stop.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 01 August 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#22 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostZephonarch II, on 01 August 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

So what does this mean on Terra Therma when every team is halted at the chokepoints. When a rush starts and falls apart, everyone gets the penalty?

I like the penalty. But in brawling areas where Cheetahs are running aaaaaaall over the place... You got my vote. I hate those annoying twats. Not supporting, just running around as the ecm-Firestarters that they are. Cocky. They just get in the way. It must stop.

The penalties need to be in place to help reduce the amount of FF in the game, hardly anyone cares about 10k c-bills and they certainly don't have any reason to care if you are in the way and take some FF when they have to get a tag in to get an assist.

#23 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

maybe it should be a ramp up fine starting small and quickly ratcheting up, especially if the damage on on the same team member?

#24 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

Would help cut down on 'friendly team-killers', so it would be nice to have. Plus, I'd recommend also adding a bonus if you don't hit any of your teammates the entire match, accidently or on purpose.

Edited by Independence MK2, 06 October 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#25 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostHornsby, on 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

1a. No thx. This would only work in a world where people don't jump into each other's firing lines.

View PostFirewuff, on 13 July 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hell no. The number of lights who think running at full speed across my assults line of fire is insane. Im not oaying for their stupidity.

View PostVellron2005, on 14 July 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

Most of team kills are not the fault of the "killer" but the "killed" for stepping in front of my AC20 or full Laser Alpha..

Absolute Hogwash!

In about 5000 matches I have maybe 25 team kills? The majority of these were in response to players blatantly attacking teammates from the start of the game until I read the "rules of conduct" and started screenshoting and reporting without returning fire instead. The rest were flat accidents - a missed shot, misidentification or brain fails on my part.

The vast majority of players would lose less than 1% income if stricter penalties for team kills were enforced and the few outliers losing more than that might learn to curb their ways. Further, the blatant trolls and griefers who log a new account just to team kill would at least lose some earning capacity before eventually getting banned.

#26 Tenka

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostBilbo, on 14 July 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

A fine for any FF short of a TK, which is already fined, seems ready made for trolls to take advantage of.

This 100%.

Sorry but op idea's are good on paper, but the moment a troll knows he can do damage to someone else's bank with no penalty to himself is the day we start seeing a pub meta game full of 0 armor light mech's who superman into teammates firing lines.

Also #2 is silly .. suiciding is never a bad thing except unless its a troll who suicided at the start of the game. The game is about team work, and u can rack up c-bills with getting no kills, denying your opponent of a kill by suiciding is not an offence.

#3 is impossible to track .. any idea here would be easily circumventable or abusable in some way.

Back to the drawing board guys.

#27 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

I'm in favor of this, but would tweak the formulas a little.

For team damage: 100 c-bills * points of damage done.

For damage that leads to component destruction: 500 c-bills * points of damage done * components destroyed.

For damage that leads to teamkill: 1000 c-bills * points of damage done + component destruction fines above.

This way accidental scrapes and bumps wouldn't be punished too harshly, but intentional and more harmful damage will quickly rack up hefty fines.

Half of the payment should be a fine and half a compensation to the victim for potentially ruining their match and chance to earn c-bills.

#28 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:59 AM

NO!!!

#29 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostTenka, on 06 October 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

This 100%.

Sorry but op idea's are good on paper, but the moment a troll knows he can do damage to someone else's bank with no penalty to himself is the day we start seeing a pub meta game full of 0 armor light mech's who superman into teammates firing lines.

Also #2 is silly .. suiciding is never a bad thing except unless its a troll who suicided at the start of the game. The game is about team work, and u can rack up c-bills with getting no kills, denying your opponent of a kill by suiciding is not an offence.

#3 is impossible to track .. any idea here would be easily circumventable or abusable in some way.

Back to the drawing board guys.

I don't agree.

That person would lose a lot, and not really cause that much cost, no armor means what 10 points to kill them?

and they could be reported...

not that reporting anyone does anything now.

View PostMasterBurte, on 07 October 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

NO!!!

No what?

Any regular player should have no reason NOT to agree with this, griefers and trolls are the only ones I can think of that would not want the punishment to fit the crime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users